The last date to submit the NDA (II) Application Form is 03 September 2019. NDA(II) 2019 entrance exam will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission[UPSC]. It is a national level entrance exam and is conducted two times as NDA(II) I and NDA(II). Clearing NDA(II) exam will take candidates a step closer in getting entry into the Army, Air Force, and Navy. After qualifying the NDA(II) entrance exam, applicants have to qualify the SSB interview conducted by the Service Selection Board.
To join National Defence Academy a student must appear in the entrance exam conducted twice a year by UPSC – Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi. The UPSC issue the guidelines for the selection and conduct of the NDA(II) entrance examination. Candidates can get all the details of NDA[I] 2019 exam, including dates, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, etc in this article.
- The last date to submit the NDA(II) Application Form is 03 September 2019.
NDA(II) 2019 Exam Schedule
|Notification release||09 January 2019||07 August 2019|
|Start of Application form||09 January 2019||07 August 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||04 February 2019||03 September 2019|
|Admit card release||29 March 2019||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||21 April 2019||17 November 2019|
|Result Declaration||18 June 2019||November 2019|
NDA(II) Admit card
NDA(II) 2019 Admit Card will be released one week before exams. Here we are providing some important information about NDA(II) 2019 admit card:
- Admit card can only be downloaded through the official website that is via online mode.
- It is mandatory for candidates to bring the admit card at the examination venue.
NDA(II) Application Form
The last date to submit the NDA(II) Application Form is 03 September 2019. NDA(II) 2019 Application Form has been started from 07 August 2019.
- UPSC has provide the NDA(II) 2019 application form through online mode.
- The registration form comprises of 2 parts, i.e, Part 1 and Part 2.
- Applicants need to provide their general details ie Part 1.
- In Part 2, applicants need to select their exam, pay the application fee and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- All the details and relevant information required in the application form are to be filled carefully.
- The photographs should be in JPG format with (3KB – 40KB) and signature (1KB – 40KB) size.
- No correction will be done after the final submission of UPSC NDA(II) application form.
- A printout of the filled application form has to be taken for future use.
- Candidates of the general category have to pay Rs. 100/-.
- No amount of fee to be paid by the Reserved category candidates.
- The payment of fees can be done through the net banking/credit card/debit card.
- Application fee can also be paid in cash through SBI bank Challan.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates from Tibet permanently settled in India before 01 January 1962
|Age||Should lie Before 02 July 2000 and not after 01 July 2003 (Part 1)
Should lie before 02 January 2001 and not after 01 July 2004 (Part 2)
|Gender and marital status||Only unmarried candidates
No female candidates
|Qualifying exam||Passed or appearing 12th or equivalent class from any recognized board|
|Subjects||Must clear the qualifying exam with Physics and Mathematics (For Air Force and Naval of NDA(II) and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy).|
National Defence Academy Qualification Criteria
|Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from the official recruitment website of the Indian Army)|
|Age between||As per UPSC notification|
|Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy|
|Application to be Received by||As per UPSC notification|
|Likely SSB Date||Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr|
|Date Commencement of Training||January and July|
|Training Academy||NDA(II), Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Duration of Training||3 Yrs at NDA(II) and 1 Yr at IMA(For Army cadets)/
03 Yrs at NDA(II) and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA(II) and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
Important Links related to National Defence Academy
- Click here to go to UPSC Website
- Click here to go to Employment News Website
- Join Indian Army
- Join Indian Navy
- Join Indian Air Force
Union Public Service Commission NDA(II) Exam
The core syllabus of NDA(II) comprises of General ability, English and Mathematics subjects. The NDA(II) Syllabus will be usually based on 10th class. Candidates should prepare as per the syllabus in order to achieve good marks.
NDA(II) Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode (pen- pape mode).|
|Duration of Exam||The two and half hour [ for each paper]|
|Type of Question||Objective Type Questions|
|Number of Papers||The NDA(II) II will be conducted in two papers, i.e. Mathematics & General Ability|
|Negative Marking||0.33% marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
Subject wise Weightage
|General Ability||02||600||2.5 hrs.|
NDA(II) (II) 2019 Answer Key
The answer key will be publish via online mode. The answer key will not be released officially. The Answer Key will help candidates to calculate their rough marks.
Answer Key by Major Kalshi Classes:
|Mathematics||Set A||Click here|
|Set B||Click here|
|Set C||Click here|
|Set D||Click here|
|GAT||Set A||Click here|
|Set B||Click here|
|Set C||Click here|
SSB INTERVIEW PROCESS
The shortlisted candidates will only be able to take part in the SSB interview round. The SSB interview round is organized by the Service Selection Board and is conducted in two stages.
First stage: The Officer Intelligence Rating Tests, Picture Perception & Description Test.
Second stage: Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and Conference.
NDA(II) Result 2019
The NDA(II) Result 2019 will be checked via online mode. Given below we are giving the information about NDA(II) 2019 result:
- UPSC NDA(II) result 2019 will be released within a month after the exam being held.
- Candidates can check their results in online mode only through the official website.
- After the declaration of the NDA(II) II result, selected candidates can proceed for SSB interview, training, etc.
- Students are required to take a printout of the result for further use.
Minimum qualifying standard(II)rd/marks at the written stage and marks secured by the last candidate in the Merit order at the final stage of the examination.
|Minimum qualifying standard(II)rd/marks at
the written stage (out of 900 marks)
|Marks secured by the last candidate
in the Merit order (out of 1800 marks)
|258 (With at least 25% marks in each subject)||624|
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2017
Minimum Qualifying staNDA(II)rd approved at the written stage and marks secured by the last recommended candidate at the final stage of the Examination.
|Minimum qualifying standard(II)rd
approved at the written stage
(Out of 900 marks)
|Marks secured by the last finally
(Out of 1800 marks)
|342 (With at least 25 % marks in each
Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
- Firstly, the Candidates who will be selected after clearing the written test have to go through the SSB interview round.
- Secondly, the NDA(II) SSB interview will consist of two stages, i.e. stage 1 and stage 2.
- In stage 1, candidates will have to go through the OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Candidates will be selected for stage 2 on the basis of candidate’s performance in the OIR and PP & DT tests.
- Also, Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference will take place in stage 2.
- Furthermore, SSB interview round will be held over 4- 5 days.
- After approved at the SSB, finally, candidates will have to clear the medical examination round.
NDA(II) Previous Year Question Paper
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2018.
National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2017
Previous year Answer Keys
NDA(II) 2019 form, NDA(II) exam 2019, upsc NDA(II) 2019, NDA(II) 2019 eligibility age, forms for NDA(II) 2019, NDA(II) (ii) · 2019