PMSSS 2021 Registration is open now. The last date to register online is 15 September 2021. PMSS is a Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme to provided academic fees, maintenance allowance to the students belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh region after qualifying class XII or equivalent examination. It’s basically given to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir. This scheme was launched by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The candidates who are seeking for a scholarship for their higher education need to apply under this within the last date. Read the complete article to know other relevant information about PMSSS 2021 Scholarship scheme.
AICTE has started the online registration for PMSSS 2021. The registration process will end on 15 September 2021. Click Here to register online.
Download PMSS Scholarship 2021 Advertisement
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about PMSSS 2021: Scholarship Scheme Registration (Registration Started), Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
PMSSS 2021 Scholarship scheme Status
PMSSS 2021 Dates
The official dates for PMSSS 2021 scheme are given below.
6 to 15 September 2021
|2||Online Verification of Certificates of Registered candidates at Nearest Verification Centers||
10 to 20 September 2021
|3||Choice Filling Option Open for all those candidates whose Documents have been verified||
14 to 24 September 2021
|4||Publishing of Provisional Merit List on Portal||22 September 2021|
|5||Document Re-verification at Verification Centers Centers (Grievance Redressal against the candidate’s subject to Provisional Merit list)||
23- 24 September 2021
|6||Publishing of Merit List on Portal||27 September 2021|
|7||Seat Allocation through Online Counselling: Mock trial (This gives a tentative idea as to which course you are likely to get allotted based on your rank & choice)||28 September 2021|
28-30 September 2021
|9||Seat Allocation through Online Counselling: Round 1 Allotment||4 October 2021|
|10||Confirmation from the candidate against the seat allocation||
4-10 October 2021
|11||Seat Cancellation for the candidates who have not given any confirmation||11 October 2021|
|12||Joining of the College (Online or Offline Mode) (Seat allocation will be automatically cancelled after 21 October 2021)||
4- 21 October 2021
|13||Choice Filling against Round 2||
22-25 October 2021
|14||Seat Allocation through Online Counselling: Round 2 Allotment||27 October 2021|
|15||Confirmation from the candidate against the seat allocation||
27-28 October 2021
|16||Seat Cancellation for the candidates who have not given any confirmation||29 October 2021|
|17||Joining of the College (Online Mode)||
27 October- 5 November 2021
Download- PMSSS 2021 Calendar of Events Pdf
PMSSS 2021 Application Form
PMSSS 2021 Application Form will release in online mode only on the AICTE official portal. Those who wish to apply need to register online only. The candidates need to keep below points for applying Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme:
- The candidates must fill the form online on the official portal only.
- They should register themselves within the stipulated date.
- During the registration process, aspirants need to provide their active mobile number and email ID.
- They must keep their user ID and Password with safety to be used further when needed.
How to Apply for PMSSS 2021?
Log on to AICTE Website and follow the steps to apply for “Online Registration for scholarship” and follow the instructions on how to fill the online application:
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of AICTE ( All India Council for Technical Education) – https://www.aicte-india.org/
- Step 2 – Click on PMSSS 2021 link
- Step 3 – Then click on the Registration link
- Step 4 – Then provide the personal and education details as asked.
- Step 5 – Thereafter, candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, and other documents. Photo & signature should be in .JPG /.PDF/.PNG format with size of the file should be less than 2 MB.
- Step 6 – Then, aspirants have to check the preview of the submitted application form.
- Step 7 – After that, submit the details and keep a copy of the filled form for further reference.
Documents to be uploaded while filling the application form are as follows:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Domicile certificate of J&K.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Diploma certificate (for lateral entry students only)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Family Income certificate
PMSSS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are eligible to apply for PMSSS 2021 only if they follow eligibility requirements:
- They should be Domicile of Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh.
- Should have passed XII from JKBOSE or CBSE affiliated schools located in Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh.
- Students who qualify national level test like NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc are also eligible to apply.
- Should have passed 10+3 diploma from Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh Polytechnic for admission in the second year registration/Counselling will be held subject to the vacancy in the previous academic year in the prescribed list of Institutions.
- Should fulfil the minimum age limit & criteria as prescribed by the Institution/University.
- The reservation policy will be followed of UTs of J&K and Ladakh region.
- The family income of a student should not be more than Rs 8.00 Lakh per annum.
PMSSS 2021 Non-Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are not eligible for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme if they fall under the following categories:
- Not applied through AICTE portal
- Courses are offered from Open University
- Availing benefits from other Govt./Non-Govt. scheme
- Admission to the course is through Management quota
- Joined Institute other than those in AICTE portal
- Pursuing any Diploma/Post Graduate Program
- Admission is through Agents/NGOs
- If the student is absent during the Counselling
- Joined any other Institute other than allotted one.
PMSSS 2021 Documents Verification
Aspirants need to take a printout of online filled application and visit the nearest facilitation centre established by Govt. of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh along with original documents & one set of self-attested photocopies of all original documents for verification.
- Original Documents to be produced at the time of Verification at Facilitation Center are same which are to be attached while applying the scheme.
- After documents verification, the candidate should collect the copy of document verification report.
- The choice filling window would be activated for only those candidates who will successfully register and get their documents verified at any one of the Facilitation Centres.
PMSSS 2021 Merit List
The authority releases the merit list to provide Scholarship scheme on the basis of the following:
- After the documents verification, merit lists will be made available subject to the declaration of result through the official website site.
- The merit list is prepared and displayed by AICTE based on the marks obtained by candidates in CBSE/JKBOSE 10+2 exam before the first round of counselling result.
- Those whose name will reflect in the merit list will only be called for counselling.
PMSSS 2021 Counselling
Check below the PMSSS 2021 Counselling process:
- The Seat allotment will take place through online counselling only.
- No admission will be allowed in without participation in the online counselling process.
- Scholarships are provided to those candidates who secured admission through online counselling.
- During the counselling process, aspirants will have to provide the choice of course and colleges in which they want to study.
PMSSS 2021 Reservation Criteria
The reservation norms for the State of J&K in respect of SC, ST and SEBC are followed for providing scholarship under the Scheme:
|Sc (Scheduled Caste)||8%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||11%
|Socially and Economically backward classes||25%
PMSSS 2021 Seat Matrix
03% Horizontal reservation is provided for Physically Handicapped (PwD: (Disability above 40%), as per Central Government Norms.
PMSSS 2021 Courses
Here is the list of courses for which Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme is given to the eligible students:
- General Stream – B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hon.)/ BBA/BCA etc.
- Professional courses – B.E./B.Tech. / B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams – MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses.
PMSSS 2021 Scholarship Amount
The candidates can check below in the table stream-wise PMSSS 2021 scholarship amount:
|Stream||Academic Fee||Maintenance Charges Limits||Number of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Upto Rs 30,000/-||* Uniformly Rs.
|Upto Rs. 1.25
|Upto Rs. 3.00
|Total No. of Scholarships||——-||5000|
PMSSS 2021 Highlights
In the below table the candidates can check a few basic information about Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme:
|Scholarship Scheme Name||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)|
|Provided by||AICTE All India Council for Technical Education|
|Purpose||To encourage the youth of J & K and Ladakh to pursue their higher education outside the state|
|Total number of Scholarships||5000|
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education, under the Department of Ministry of Higher Education. The AICTE accredits postgraduate and graduate programs under specific categories at Indian institutions as per its charter. The purview of AICTE covers programs of technical education including training and research in Engineering, Technology, Management, Pharmacy, Architecture, Town Planning, Applied Arts and Crafts, Hotel Management and Catering Technology etc. at different levels.