UCEED 2019 Admission Form has been started from 08 June 2019. The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) was started by IIT-Bombay in 2015 for admissions to Bachelor of Design programmes offered by IIT-Bombay, IIT-Guwahati, IITDM-Jabalpur. This year CIT Kokrajhar, Assam and IIIT-Delhi also join this list. On 19 January 2019 the 4th year of this examination, UCEED 2019, was conducted.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admission Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Admission Open Apply Here
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
Latest Update: UCEED Admission Form has been started from 08 June 2019. Click here> Admission Form.
- UCEED 2019 result has been announced on 01 March 2019.
- UCEED 2019 Admit card has been announced on 01 January 2019.
- Candidates can make a correction in Admit Card till 05 January 2019.
UCEED 2019 Important Dates
Following are the dates for UCEED 2019 and Joint Seat Allocation for B.Des. at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur.
|Online application||09 October 2018|
|Last date of application||14 November 2018|
|Registration with late fee||20 November 2018|
|Downloading of admit card||01 January 2019|
|Date of UCEED Examination||19 January 2019 (Saturday)|
|Release of Draft Answer Key||25 January 2019|
|Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Key||31 January 2019|
|Result Announcement||01 March 2019|
|Start date for Score Card downloading||01 March 2019|
|Application for B. Des. programme||08 – 30 June 2019|
|First Round Seat Allotment Date||04 July 2019|
|Second Round Seat Allotment Date||11 July 2019|
|Third Round Seat Allotment Date||15 July 2019|
Schedule for UCEED 2019
|Date:||19 January 2019 (Saturday)|
|Session:||10:00 to 13:00|
How to check and Download UCEED 2019 Result
- Results have been declared on 01 March 2019 and results will be published on the official website.
- Candidates need to log in with user login and password (created during the registration process) to view the results on the webpage.
- UCEED qualified candidates will be able to download their scorecards from 1 March 2019.
- The hard copy of the scorecard will not be sent to the qualified candidates.
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2019 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des programme.
UCEED 2019 Admit Card
The admit card is available on the official website from 01 January 2019. It could be downloaded after filling in the necessary details like the roll number, signature, and photo. Candidates must carry a printed copy of the downloaded admit card. Only candidates having a valid admit card will be allowed to write the examination.
UCEED 2019 Application Form
The process for online application commenced on the 9th October 2018 and went on till the 10th November 2018 without a late fee and till 17th November 2018 with a penalty. This process included candidate registration, filling the application, uploading required documents and lastly payment of fees after which application was submitted. The application fee (including GST), was Rs. 1180 for female, SC/ST/PwC applicants, and Rs. 2360 for other candidates.
Students of any discipline, who appeared for class XII exams in 2018 or due to appear in 2019, are eligible to apply for UCEED 2019. The General/OBC-NCL category students had to be born on or after 1st October 1993 and SC/ST/PWD had to be born on or after 1st October 1988. Candidates are only allowed 2 attempts in consecutive years. The examination took place at 20 centres in 2019 increasing from 19 centres in 2018.
Read about CEED 2019 Here.
Here we have mentioned the complete eligibility to appear in the B.Des. programme.
- Nationality: UCEED is open to Indian/Foreign and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/PIO (Person of Indian Origin) cardholders.
- Age Limit: Candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1994 (Open or OBC-NCL) and on or October 1, 1989 (SC/ST/PwD category).
- Qualifying Exam: The applying candidate should pass the 12th or its equivalent exam from the recognized board/university.
- Stream: Candidates passed with any stream, i.e., Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities are eligible to appear in UCEED 2019.
- Appearing Candidates: Those passed in 2018 or studying in their final year (2019) of qualifying exam are eligible to apply.
- Validity of Score Card: UCEED 2019 score card will be valid only for the academic year 2019-20.
UCEED 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the exam pattern given here before proceeding to prepare for the examination.
- Mode: UCEED is a computer-based examination (online mode).
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Maximum Marks: The question paper will be of a maximum of 300 marks.
- Sections: The question paper will be consisting of 3 sections.
- Type of Questions: In section A, Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions will be asked. Section B and section C will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and no negative marking in section-A and section-B. In section-C, 3 marks will be allotted for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
UCEED Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of UCEED 2019 was given below for all of the candidates to know which topics and chapters were present in the entrance examination. By knowing UCEED 2019 Syllabus, the candidates were able to strengthen their preparation process. By following the syllabus, the candidates could stay focused on what they have to study and not get diverted.
Highlights of UCEED 2019
|Examination Name||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Also Known As||UCEED|
|Name of Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay|
|Category of Examination||National Level|
How to Prepare for UCEED 2019?
The examination of UCEED 2019 is conducted through online mode for the candidate who is registered for this. But we are advising the candidate that he/she needs to go through the below information.
UCEED 2019 Exam Pattern
|1||Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|2||Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|4||Total Marks||300 Marks|
|6||Sections||Section A: Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
Section B: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Section C: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Marking Scheme of UCEED 2019
|1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions||
|2||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||
|3||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||
Download the UCEED Brochure along with Syllabus PDF Here.
Syllabus and Structure
A Mock test was made available on the 17th January 2019 to help candidates understand the paper structure and possible types of questions. UCEED is a computer-based exam with 3 sections covering 6 topics. The 3 sections included:
- Numerical Answers with 20 questions for 4 marks each
- Multiple Select with 20 questions for 5 marks each
- Multiple choices with 40 questions carrying 3 marks for correct answer and minus 1 mark for a wrong answer.
The 6 topics covered were:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Observation and design Sensitivity
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Language and Creativity
- Design Thinking and Problem Solving
The difficulty level of the examination this year was considered to be lower than the years before with no surprise element. Hence, with minimum changes in procedure and type of examination, UCEED continues to be one of the most sought-after Design entrance examinations in the country.
The UCEED exam will have questions from the following six topics:
VISUALIZATION AND SPATIAL ABILITY: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
OBSERVATION AND DESIGN SENSITIVITY: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL AWARENESS: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.
ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Perform to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
LANGUAGE AND CREATIVITY: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, the ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
DESIGN THINKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
UCEED Total Seats
The following table shows the category-wise distribution of the available seats in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2019-2019:
Institute Accepting UCEED Score: Result Sharing Institutes
1. Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
2. U.P. Institute of Design Noida
3. Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
4. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
5. VIT University, Vellore, TamilNadu
6. World University of Design, Delhi NCR
7. Chandigarh University, Punjab
8. Srishti School of Art Design and Technology, Bengaluru
9. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
UCEED 2019 Exam Centres
The Rank lists will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in UCEED 2019.
Minimum prescribed marks for inclusion in the rank list
|Merit List||Minimum % of marks in each Section||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9||90|
|SC rank list||5||50|
|ST rank list||5||50|
|PwD rank list||5||50|
How to check UCEED 2019 Result?
Below are the steps which a Candidate need to follow to check or download the UCEED 2019 result
- Candidate needs to log in with their registered E-MAIL id and Password in order to get the result.
- The result will appear on the screen, the candidate can save and download it.
- Those who qualify for the UCEED, the only scorecard will available for them.
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT-Guwahati)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design, and Manufacturing, Jabalpur (IIITDM)
Review, Regrading or Retotalling
- Since the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design is a computer-based test, there is no scope for review, re-grading or re-totaling of the exam paper.
- However, the UCEED 2019 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key will be released on the UCEED website on January 25, 2019.
- Applicants can check the draft answer key and compare their answers to know the correct answers.
- Any discrepancy/comment must be addressed to [email protected], on or before January 31, 2019. Candidates have to mention “Comments on Answer Keys” in the subject of the mail.
- The final decision regarding the answer keys will be taken by the UCEED committee after consolidating all the comments from the candidates and the paper setting team. This decision will be binding on all the candidates.
UCEED Officiel Address and website
JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED 2019
Powai, Mumbai 400076
official address: www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
Read about All India Entrance Exam for Design Here.
uceed 2019 registration, uceed 2019 login, uceed 2019 exam date, uceed 2019 eligibility