The BITSAT 2019 Paper Pattern is likely to remain same as that of the previous year. Aspirants should be well aware of the test pattern and the marking scheme as well. The clarity in this regard is essential for scoring well in the test. In this article, candidates can get complete information related to the BITSAT Exam Pattern, test duration, numbers of questions etc. The level of BITSAT exam is at par with the JEE Main and VITEEE among others. Finally, the exam pattern and other important details for BITS Pilani is going live on 19th December 2018.
BITSAT 2019 Paper Pattern Details
BITSAT 2019 is a computer-based test and the question paper will be in English medium only. The test will be of 3 hours without any break. Questions will be from the following subjects in four sections:
|3.||(a) English (b) Logical Reasoning|
|4.||Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates )|
Birla Institute Technology & Science Exam Pattern
The BITSAT 2019 Paper Pattern is listed below.
- Applicants can opt either Mathematics or Biology.
- Also, multiple choice questions will be there in the test booklet.
- For every question, four options will be there. And the candidate has to choose only one among them which is correct.
- 3 (Three) marks will be awarded for correct answer whereas each incorrect answer will result in the penalty of 1 mark.
- The unattempted question carries 0 (zero) mark.
- Candidate can leave out a question to answer it later.
- The Student should not use more than one option. The system will give an error message in case one opt for more than one option.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Date
|Application Form release||19 December 2019|
|Last date to apply for BITSAT exam||19 March 2019 (Extended)|
|Editing in the application form||15 – 19 March 2019|
|Exam centre allotment||21 March 2019|
|Slot booking||23 March – 5 April 2019|
|Hall ticket release||12 April – 10 May 2019|
|Exam date||16 – 31 May 2019|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks||1 May – 18 June 2019|
|Admit list & wait list release||20 June 2019|
Subject wise number of questions: Distribution of Marks
According to the BITSAT Paper Pattern applicants need to answer a total of 150 questions from the four parts mentioned above. The total number of questions from each part is shown below:
|Paper Part No.||Subjects||Total Number of Questions|
|Total No. of Questions||150|
Each question carries 3 marks.
Important Points to Note:
These are basic and important points about BITSAT 2019 Paper Pattern/Exam Pattern.
- The candidate can answer all the questions from the 4 parts simultaneously. There is no separate time frame for each part. see details at bitsat official website http://bitsadmission.com.
- Candidates can change their response to any of the 150 questions by going back.
- If a student answers all 150 without leaving any question then they will have a chance to attempt more 12 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology( 4 question from each).
- The candidates who wish to answer 12 extra questions will not be able to do any correction in any of the 150 questions answered previously.
- Candidates should not attempt a question if they are not sure about it as it will cause negative marking(in a case of an incorrect answer) and hence will result in an overall deduction in score.
- The extra questions give aspirants a chance to score higher in the test.
- Web cameras and CCTV will be there in usage at the test centres to record any suspicious activity.
- Anyone who disobeys the rules of an exam will get disqualified at once and will not be able to write the test in any case.
- Those candidates can apply for the BITSAT 2019 only if they are not pursuing any course at the BITS campus.
The new format is going to be released on 19 December 2019. The bitsat exam total marks is 150.
bitsat 2019 syllabus, bitsat syllabus 2019 pdf, bitsat 2019 paper, bitsat 2019 question paper, bitsat 2018 question paper pdf, bitsat previous years papers.