DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019 – The recruitment notification for the post of Scientist ‘B’ is available by DRDO. For the final selection, the exam score, as well as, the performance in the interview round will be considered. And, the recruitment is only open for the GATE qualifiers, who will also fulfil the eligibility criteria of DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019. Also, Interested candidates can check important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, selection methodology and more information from the article below. Research and Assesment centre DRDO published a public notice regarding Direct Recruitment of B Group Scientist in DRDO via Valid Gate Score. Written Examination will be held on 23 September 2019 at all the centres as opted by the candidates. The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email before 10 September 2019.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admission Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Admission Open Apply Here
Requirement of Valid GATE Score for Direct Recruitment of Scientist `B’ in DRDO
- As per the notification, Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) would be
notifying vacancies of Scientist `B’ for the year 2019 in the next few months, depending
upon the requirement.
- The direct recruitment for the post of B Group Scientist will be conducted based on valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score (in respect of vacancies
in the subjects/disciplines for which GATE is conducted) and interview.
- Candidates with valid GATE score on the crucial date of eligibility will be considered for shortlisting for recruitment.
- In respect of vacancies pertaining to subjects/disciplines for which GATE is not
conducted, the recruitment will be done through written examination/interview or both
depending upon the requirement.
Direct Recruitment for Scientist “B” Posts
|Electronics & Communication Engineer||22|
|Computer Science & Engineering||19|
|Total Number of Seats||41|
Features of DRDO GATE Recruitment
Organisation Name: DRDO (Defence Research & Development Organization)
- Number of Vacancies: 41
- Pay Scale/ Salary: Total Emolument (Inclusive of HRA and all other allowances) at the time of joining will be approximately RS. 80000/- at the present metro city rate.
- Post: Scientist ‘B’
- Categorised Under: Ministry Of Defence, Government Of India.
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals Need to Apply.
- Date of Written Examination: 23 September 2019
Selection Procedure of DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019
- Shortlisting of GATE Qualifiers: The GATE 2019 qualifiers will be shortlisted for the interview round. The shortlisting will be done in 1:5 ratio, to the vacancies.
- Personal Interview: The shortlisted candidates will then be issued call letters, on which date, venue, and other details will also be mentioned.
- And, the candidates will have to appear for interview in Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, or Pune centre.
- Final Merit: The announcement of the recruited candidates will be done through the final merit list. And, It will be available on the basis of discipline and category wise.
- Finally, The selection of the candidates for the final merit list will be done giving 80% weightage to GATE score and the remaining 20% to Personal Interview Score.
DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Indian
- Age Limit for Candidates:
|Unreserved (UR)||Not Exceeding 28 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||Not Exceeding 31 years|
|SC/ST||Not Exceeding 33 years|
Note: Age limit as on the closing date of the advertisement.
- Education Qualification: the Below given points are the necessary educational qualification for DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019:
- The applicant must have completed the Undergraduate Engineering/Technology course.
- Also, the course must be completed from a recognized institute.
- Finally, an aspirant should also have passed with a first class degree in the UG course.
NOTE: Student pursuing the last degree can also apply. And, they must ensure that their Final Result should be available before the second week of August.
Important Dates of DRDO Recruitment GATE 2019
|1.||Application form for GATE release||01 September 2018|
|2.||Last Date to Submit the Application form||05 October 2018|
|3.||Admit Card for GATE 2019||05 January 2019|
|4.||Date of GATE 2019||03-04 February 2019 &
10-11 February 2019
|5.||Application form for DRDO GATE recruitment||Will be notified|
|6.||Shortlisted Candidates Get Notification||10 September 2019|
|7.||Date for Written Examination||23 September 2019|
DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019 Application Process
- The date for the release of DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019 application form will be available soon. And, it will be available in the month of February.
- However, The candidates should also note that the form will be available online, And the candidates will also have to mention personal, educational and various other details.
- The form will not be complete until and unless the candidates will fill the GATE Registration Number in it. And, the Registration number will also be allocated through admit card.
- Finally, For the final submission, candidates will also have to submit the application fee of Rs. 100. And, the applicants can pay The Amount by any of the Online Transaction Methods such as Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card etc.
How to apply?
Online registration on RAC website https://rac.gov.in is mandatory.
Read & Download DRDO Direct Recruitment for Scientist B PDF.
Syllabus for Written Examination
The syllabus for the written examination is similar to engineering services examination (Main) for mechanical engineering conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Download DRDO Syllabus for Written Examination PDF here.
Eligible Branches and Vacancies
|1.||B.E/B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering||5(OBC-2, SC-1, ST-2)|
|2.||B.E/B.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering||1(OBC-1)|
|3.||B.E/B.Tech. in Naval Engineering||2(SC-2)|
|4.||B.E/B.Tech. in Civil Engineering||1(OBC-1)|
|5.||B.E/B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering||6(OBC-3, SC-1, ST-2)|
|6.||B.E/B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering||7(OBC-3, SC-3, ST-1)|
|7.||B.E/B.Tech. in Instrumentation Engineering||1(OBC-1)|
- Candidate should also have a Knowledge of German, French, Russian, Japanese or Chinese languages.
- Pay scale will be Level-10 of the Pay Matrix in specific disciplines and categories.
- The age limit will be as per the Government rules:
- Other Backwards Classes (Non-creamy layer): Should Not exceed 31 years
- Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe: Not exceeding 33 years.
- Also, Post Induction Training may be necessary initially for All the Scientists ‘B’. And then they will be able to get Recruitment in DRDO.
- Recruitment is open for GATE qualifiers, who will fulfil eligibility criteria of DRDO GATE Recruitment 2019. Performance in the interview will be considered.
DRDO RAC Contact Details & Downloads
RECRUITMENT AND ASSESSMENT CENTRE (RAC), DRDO Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
Recruitment and Assessment Centre
Defence Research and Development Organisation
Ministry of Defence
Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi (INDIA)
PIN – 110 054
Phone Number: 011‐2381096/011‐23830599/011‐23819745/011‐23915140/011‐23971048
Download DRDO NOC FORMAT Here.
Download Recruitment Rules for posts in DRDO here.
More PSU Jobs
|ONGC GATE Recruitment 2019||BSNL JTO GATE Recruitment 2019|