The University of Delhi or popular as Delhi University is one of the finest Educational Universities in India. Also, with over 25 Engineering colleges in Delhi making it a decent education hub of the country. DU Engineering 2019, The University of Delhi offers a wide variety of courses in undergraduate and postgraduate and doctorate classes in the field of science, commerce, medicine, engineering, law, journalism etc.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
DU Engineering 2019 Important Dates
Moreover, all the important dates regarding the important dates of the admission process to Delhi University has been available with full details below. Students must note the important dates carefully and follow the admission process accordingly.
|DU Application Form||May 2019|
|The last date to submit the duly filled application form||June 2019|
|First-round cutoff ranks||June 2019|
|First-round admissions||Last week of June 2019|
|Second round cutoff ranks||July 2019|
|Second round admissions||July 2019|
|Third round cutoff ranks||July 2019|
|Third round admissions||July 2019|
|Extended round of cutoff marks(if declared by university)||August 2019|
|Commencement of classes||August 2019|
Delhi University Engineering Admission Process 2019
Admissions to Delhi University in B.Tech courses are purely based on a candidate’s performance in JEE Main 2019 and marks scored in Class 12 or any equivalent board examination. Based on the score in JEE Main 2019 and candidates marks in class 12, a separate Delhi University rank list will be published by the University and the admission process will be taken place according to these rank list.
Rank list will be published only for those candidates who fulfil their eligibility in terms of age and marks for different Engineering branches.
The admissions to specific courses will be preceded by the registration process. Then, the candidate will be called to the University for the Registration cum document verification process. The candidate must carry their relevant or original documents to prove their eligibility and caste certificates to enjoy caste benefits in fee.
Further, students can visit to know entire details of JEE Main appearing exam including details of syllabus, of examination pattern etc.
Read more about DU Joint Admission Test Here.
DU Engineering 2019 Application Form
Firstly, the application form for the eligible candidates will be available by the University officials tentatively from the first week of June 2019. The University officials will make application forms available to the students both in online and offline mode by paying the prescribed fee in each mode declared as per the University.
- Firstly, The DU entrance exam 2019 for B.Tech courses is a common one for all the B.Tech branches and applicable to all the colleges under Delhi University.
- There is no separate application form for minority groups like SC/ST or OBC students.
- Also, the University will reject incomplete forms.
- Applications are also available to students in offline format is available in any of the Institutions under Delhi University.
DU Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2019
- For admission in Computer science, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Civil Engineering, Information Technology branches, a student must score a minimum of 60% marks in mathematics and 55% aggregate in all appearing subjects of class 12 or any equivalent qualifying examination.
- For electronics and communication and telecommunication Engineering branches minimum aggregate required is 55 % to fulfil your eligibility.
- 55% aggregate in PCM and at least 50 % in the English language for admissions in food technology Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, and Polymer Science Engineering.
- For admissions in Aeronautical Engineering, an aggregate of 50% is necessary for class 12 / equivalent examination by any Board in India.
- For Psychological science branches, a minimum aggregate of 45% is a must in class 12 to meet the eligibility.
- Category wise eligibility has been available by the University is 54 % for OBC category, 45% for PWD and for students who belong to SC/ST category must ensure they qualify/pass the qualifying examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
DU Engineering Entrance Exam 2019
Important documents required during DU Engineering 2019 Registration:
- Class 10 marks sheet (original and 3 copies)
- HSC passing certificate issued by the board of conducting an examination.
- Class 12 original mark sheet along with 3 copies
- SSC passing certificate (if issued)
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Character certificate
- SC/ST Certificate (in students name) issued by the responsible authority
- OBC Non-creamy certificate ( if applicable)
- Two recent passport size photographs
Reservations in Delhi University
Further, a Certain percentage of seats in all courses in Delhi University is vacant for students belonging to minority communities as per Government of India guidelines. The percentage of seats vacant are in detail below.
- For scheduled caste students, 15% of the total seats are vacant.
- For the scheduled tribe (ST), it is 7.5 %.
- Reservation is 27% for other backward classes (OBC)
- Reservation is 3% for PWD.
- 5% of total seats are vacant each for Kashmiri migrants, sports quota, ward off defence persons, and NRI students
- Reservation is 3 % for girl students.
NOTE: Candidates cannot be eligible for more than one category of reservations and the original/relevant supporting documents must be provided during registration and document verification process. If the candidate fails to provide relevant documents to prove their respective category, then the admission will be considered in General Merit category only.
Delhi University B.Tech 2019 Cutoff
Finally, the category wise cutoff for different Engineering branches in different colleges affiliated to Delhi University will be officially published by the officials on the respective website of the university.
(Without any pre-code)
(9 a.m – 5 p.m)
(Monday to Friday)
Best Engineering Colleges in Delhi
University Engineering Department
Faculty of Technology: C/o Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Azad Hind Fauj Marg, Sector 3, Dwarka, New Delhi 110078.
Dean(FoT): Prof. Sachin Maheshwari
List of Delhi University Departments Here.
Moreover, “Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on DU Engineering 2019.”
delhi university pg admission 2019, du entrance exam syllabus