Firstly, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts Joint CSIR UGC NET 2018 Examination for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and determining the eligibility for Lectureship. Also, it is an All India Level Examination (National Level Test). Further, the domain of the test is Science including Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Planetary and Earth Atmospheric Ocean Sciences. The exam takes place twice in a year, once in June and once in December.
Moreover, CSIR, New Delhi invites applications for the Single MCQ Examination (Joint CSIR – UGC Test) for Award of JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) NET and appointment of Lecturer (NET). Then, the candidates who are eligible for the application can apply through the official website of CSIR, HRDG. So, the aspiring candidates can read the article for complete and detailed information related to CSIR UGC NET 2018.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Important Dates
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research UGC exam dates are mention below. These Dates are tentative.
|Name of Event||Date of Event|
|Release of Online Application Form||Second Week of August 2018|
|Deadline to Submit Application Fee||Second Week of September 2018|
|Deadline for Submission of Application Form||Second Week of September 2018|
|Deadline for Receipt of Hard Copy of Online Application in Examination Unit||Third Week of September 2018|
|Deadline for Receipt of Hard Copy of Online Application in Examination Unit from Remote Areas||Fourth Week of September 2018|
|Deadline for Receipt of Written Request for Change of Examination Center on Merit Basis||To Be Announced Soon|
|Release of Publication of Candidates Registered for the Examination||To Be Announced Soon|
|Deadline for Receipt of Request for Non-Registration for the Examination||To Be Announced Soon|
|CSIR UGC NET 2018 Examination||Second Week of December 2018|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Application Fee
|Category||Application Form Fee|
|General||Rs. 1,000 /-|
|Other Backwards Classes – Non-Creamy Layer||Rs. 500 /-|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handicapped / Visually Handicapped||Rs. 250 /-|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must be of Indian Nationality.
- The upper age limit of the applicants for JRF is 28 Years.
- Also, there is relaxation for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
- But, there is no upper age limit for the applicants of Lectureship.
Education Qualification for CSIR Exam
- The applicants who have completed B.S. / B.E. / B. Tech. / B. Pharm. / Integrated B.S. – M.S. / M.B.B.S. / B. Sc. (Hons.) / M. Sc. / Equivalent Degree or the applicants enrolled in B. Sc. (Hons.) / Integrated M.S. – PhD / Equivalent Degree with minimum 55% marks for General and Other Backward Classes – Non Creamy Layer can apply for the examination (50% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handicapped / Visually Handicapped).
- The candidates enrolled for M. Sc. or have just finished 10 + 2 + 3 Years of any of the above qualifying examinations can apply for the examination under Result Awaited (RA) Category. But, such candidates must complete their degree within a limited time of 2 Years for availing the fellowship.
- The students having a Bachelor Degree in Science, Engineering or any Other Degree will be eligible for availing CSIR fellowship after he/she has enrolled in Ph.D. or Integrated PhD within a validity of 2 Years
The official website of CSIR UGC NET 2018 Examination is http://csirhrdg.res.in/
Finally, stay tuned with EntranceZone for more updates and information related to CSIR UGC NET 2018.