Opportunity awaits as the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) has announced 285 posts of Assistant Professors. Applications can be filled up online on the official JKPSC website from March 3, to March 31, 2023. Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) has invited applications for 285 vacancies of Assistant Professors.
JKPSC recruitment 2023: Apply for 285 posts of Assistant Professors from March 3
- Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) has released a notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professors in various disciplines.
- The recruitment drive aims to fill 285 vacancies of Assistant Professors in various government degree colleges in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The online application process will start on March 3, 2023, and the last date to apply for the same is March 31, 2023.
- Candidates will be able to edit their applictaion from April 1 to April 3.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the JKPSC Assistant Professor recruitment through the official website of JKPSC.
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks to be eligible for the recruitment.
- The age limit for the JKPSC Assistant Professor recruitment is between 18 to 40 years as of January 1, 2023.
- The selection process will be based on the candidate’s performance in the written test and interview.
- The written test will consist of two papers, each of 120 marks, and the duration of the exam will be 2 hours for each paper.
- The application fee for the JKPSC Assistant Professor recruitment is Rs. 1000 for the general category and Rs. 500 for reserved categories.
- Candidates are advised to keep a check on the official website of JKPSC for any updates or changes regarding the recruitment process.
JKPSC – Apply for 285 posts of Assistant Professors
The Government of Jammu and Kashmir (GoJK) has opened a window of opportunity for all interested candidates.
- They can apply online, from March 3 – April 5, 2021, for 285 posts of Assistant Professor open in the departments of Education, Law, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry, among others.
- Eligible candidates are requested to visit the official JKPSC website to fill up the application form and submit their documents as required.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Professors?
Candidates must have their Masters Degree from a recognized university in the concerned/relevant subject with at least 55% marks, while Relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST/PH categories.
- Besides this, they should possess NET (National Eligibility Test)/SET conducted by UGC or any National Level examination accredited by the UGC as equivalent to NET, like SLET.
- Also, they must comply with the state government’s rules and regulations.
How to Apply for JKPSC Recruitment?
To apply for the JKPSC recruitment, candidates must submit an online application form through the official website.
- They must also upload the required documents in a prescribed format such as Degree Certificates, Experience Certificates (if any), Qualifying Exam Mark Sheets, etc.
- An application fee of Rs. 805/- per candidate is to be paid through net banking/credit card/debit card or challan.
- After successful submission of the form, they are advised to take printouts for future reference.
Tips to Prepare for the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) Exam.
To prepare for the JKPSC recruitment exam, it is first important to know the syllabus and pattern of the exam.
- Generally, the examination consists of written test and an interview followed by document verification.
- Start preparing with a timeline and give proper attention to all the topics in both sections. Notes are also helpful in exams so try to jot down important points while studying which will help you retain information better.
- Lastly, practise mock tests and online quizzes regularly to get into the flow of question paper.
Know About the JKPSC Exam Pattern?
The exam pattern for JKPSC’s Assistant Professor selection is divided into two parts – a written test and an interview.
- The written test consists of two papers – Paper 1 is of General Knowledge and Paper 2 is based on the subject opted by candidates.
- The syllabus for each paper can be found in the official notification released by JKPSC. Each paper is of 200 marks and comes with a time limit of three hours.
- After the written examination, qualified candidates will be called for an interview round that consists of 100 marks.Candidates must clear both rounds to get selected for the post.