Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Ministry of Home Affairs has released the detailed notification as well as the online application link for the recruitment of 1522 vacancies for the post of Constable in various departments. The candidates can apply for SSB Constable recruitment 2020 from the official website – www.ssb.nic.in or through the direct link that is given on this site. For various posts such as Driver, Lab Assistant, Waiter, Chef, Gardener, Plumber, Carpenter, Safaiwala, etc. the SSB Constable Vacancies were notified. SSB has published the recruitment notification for the post of Constable in the employment newspaper dated 29 August 2020 to 04 September and on its official website. The last date for submitting SSB Constable Application will be 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the employment newspaper except for the remote areas.
SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 Notification
The Notification for various constables posts in the SSB is published on SSB’s official website which is www.ssbrectt.gov.in/ SSB has announced 1522 candidates to be recruited. The candidates can apply online for SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 from 29th August to 27th September 2020. The PDF of the SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 official notification is given below:
SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 Highlights
|SSB Constable 2020||Date|
|Name of the Organization||Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)|
|Name of the Post||Constable|
|Advt. No.||338/RC/SSB/COMBINED ADVT./CTS/2020|
|No. of vacancies||1522|
|SSB Constable Notification Release Date||29th August 2020
|Online registration Starts From||29th August 2020|
|Link To Apply for SSB Constable||Click Here To Apply|
SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
- Release of SSB Notification- July 28, 2020 (short notification)
- Release of Detailed SSB Constable Notification 2020: 29th August 2020
- Starting Date To Apply: 29th August 2020
- Last Date To Apply: 27th September 2020
SSB Constable Vacancy Details 2020
A total of 1522 vacancies for Constable have been notified under the SSB Constable recruitment 2020. The distribution of the trade wise vacancies for the SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 is given below. The distribution of the trade wise vacancies for the SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 is given below.
|Aya (Female Only)||5|
|Water Carrier Male||101|
|Water Carrier Female||12|
Eligibility Criteria For SSB Constable Bharti 2020
SSB Constable Educational Qualifications:
- Constable (Driver) – Must be 10th passed or equivalent from a recognized board and possess a valid Heavy Vehicle Driving License
- Constable (Lab Assistant)-The candidates must have done 10th in science stream. Should have a Lab Assistant course certificate.
- Constable (Veterinary) – Must be 10th or Matriculation Exam passed with Science as the main subject from a recognized board or university.
- Constable (Aya) – Must be 10th passed with Science and possess the first aid exam pass certificate from red cross society or should be trained Dai with 1-year experience in the relevant field
- Constable (Carpenter, Plumber, Painter and Other) – Must hold Matriculation degree or equivalent passed and two years work experience in respective trade
SSB Constable Age Limit
The post wise age limit is given below.
- Constable for the post of Driver, Male: 18 to 27 Years
- Constable for the post of Lab Assistant, Veterinary, Ayah (Female Only), Carpenter, Plumber, Painter: 18 to 25 Years
- Constable for the post of Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala, Water Carrier, Waiter, Tailor, Cobbler, Gardner: 18 to 23 Years
Note: Age Relaxation will be applicable as per the govt. norms.
SSB Constable Bharti 2020 Tradesman Selection Process
The selection for the SSB Tradesman will be done on the following three stages. The candidates will have to medically fit.
- Stage I will be Physical Standard Test (PST) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Qualifying in Nature
- Stage II is written Examination: 100 Marks
- Stage –III will be Trade Test.
SB Constable Application Fee
- General, EWS, OBC – Rs. 100/-
- SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen and Women Candidate – No Fee
Online Link For SSB Constable Recruitment 2020
Click on the link that is given below to apply online for SSB Constable Recruitment for 1522 Vacancies. The online link is activated now for the post of SSB Constable Recruitment 2020.
Official Website Link: https://ssb.nic.in/
How To Apply For SSB Constable Recruitment?
The steps to apply for SSB Constable Recruitment 2020 is given below. New candidates will have to register themselves first and then log in to complete the application form.
Part I: Registration
- The candidates are to first click on the link that is given below.
- Enter the details asked for.
- A provisional registration number and password will be sent on the registered Email ID and Mobile number.
Part II: Log In
- On receiving the registration no. and password, log in to complete the application procedure.
- Properly fill in the intimate, academic, and contact information.
- Upload the photograph, signature.
- Upload the required documents in the correct format.
- Check the details entered in the application form before paying the fee
- After verification, pay the required application fee.
- Your application form for SSB Constable Bharti 2020 will be accepted provisionally after you have paid the application fee.
- Save the application form for future purposes
SSB Constable Tradesman PET/PST/Written Test
Before the written examination, the candidates will have to undergo the PET/PST. The details for which have been mentioned below.
Physical Standard Test:
The height and weight for the physical standard test is given below. The category wise height and weight that is required by each candidate is given below.
|Chest||80 cms unexpanded
85 cms expanded
|Weight||Proportionate to height and weight|
Note: Relaxation in age and height will be given to the candidates as per the location of the candidates.
Physical Efficiency Test:
Ex-Servicemen and Ayah are exempted from PET. However, they will have to appear for the written test, PST, Skill Test, Medical Examination.
(Driver, Laboratory Assistant, Veterinary,
Plumber, Painter, Tailor, Cobbler,
Gardner, Cook, Washerman,
Barber, Safaiwala, Water Carrier, Waiter)
|4.8 km to be completed
within 24 minutes
|2.4 km to be completed
within 18 minutes
SSB Constable Written Exam Test
The candidates who will qualify the PST will be eligible to appear for the written test. There will be a common entrance test (CET) for all the posts.
- The written test will be of 100 Marks for a duration of 2 Hours.
- There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions or MCQs.
- The questions will be based on General Knowledge and General Awareness, Knowledge Mathematics, Reasoning, General English/Hindi.
Minimum Qualifying Marks For Written-test
- The Minimum qualifying marks for the written test is given below:
- For General, EWS, OBC, & Ex-Servicemen Candidates: 50%
- SC, ST Candidates: 40 %
- Final Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the written examination.
SSB Constable Bharti Final Selection
The final selection of the candidates for the SSB Constable Recruitment will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test. The cut-off scores will be decided after the conduct of the written exam only. Moreover, the candidates need to be medically fit.
Salary For SSB Constable 2020
The candidates who will be appointed as SSB Constables will be paid salary in the Level-3 (Pay Matrix Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100) as per 7th CPC.