UPSC Combined Defence Services (ii) 2020: UPSC will release the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination (ii) 2020 (UPSC CDS-II 2020). This exam is conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy which is held for recruiting candidates. The CDS Exam is conducted two times a year. The Online Application for the exam will be started from 18th August 2020 whereas CDS-2 2020 application form will be available.
UPSC CDS-II 2020 Important Dates
|Date of Notification||08 August 2020|
|Last Date for Receiving Applications||03 September 2020|
|Date of Exam||18 November 2020 (Sunday)|
Duration of Exam: 01 Day
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Combined Defence Services (ii) 2020
Candidates must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan who came over to India before the 01st July 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of India origin who is a migrant from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to the above categories.
- Above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India.
- The candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal, Certificate of eligibility will not be needed in the case of them.
- A candidate who needs to submit or show a certificate of eligibility may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Government before the declaration of result by UPSC.
Age Limits, Sex & Marital Status for UPSC CDS-II 2020
- For IMA-Unmarried male candidates who are born not earlier than 02nd July 1995 and not later than 01st July 2000 only are eligible
- For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1995 and not later than 01st July 2000 only are eligible
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 01st July 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1995 and not later than 01st July 1999 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1993 and not later than 01st July 1999) only are eligible
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 2000 only are eligible
- For Officers’ Training Academy -(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible; they should have been born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 2000
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognisedUniversity/Institution
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
Educational Qualification: The educational qualification is varied for different courses. Candidates will be eligible to apply for the examination of CDS 2020, who possess a degree in Engineering with mathematics at 10+2 and physics level from recognized university/ institutions.
UPSC Combined Defence Services (ii) 2020 Application Form
The eligible and interested candidates can fill the application form online from the official website. Applications, which are submitted after the mentioned deadline, will not be accepted by the authority under any circumstances. So, candidates should submit the application form on time.
Candidates are required to apply online from the official website.
Candidates have to pay Fee of Rs.200/- which is in case of General category, either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using Net Banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card. Candidates are exempted from making payment of a fee if they fall or come under the category of SC/ST/PH/Female.
UPSC Combined Defence Services (ii) 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for INA, IMA, IAA
|Elementary Maths||100||2 HOURS|
|General Knowledge||100||2 HOURS|
|Total Duration||6 HOURS|
Note: The examination which is of total 300 marks.
Exam Pattern for OTA
|General Knowledge||100||2 HOURS|
|Total Duration||–||4 HOURS|
UPSC Combined Defence Services (ii) 2020 Exam Centres
The examination of CDS will be held across 41 cities in the country.
The Exam will be held at the following Centres:
Agartala, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Tirupati, Ahmedabad, Patna, Aizawl, Panaji (Goa), Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Lucknow, Shillong, Chandigarh, Delhi, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Madurai, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam.
Syllabus for UPSC CDS-II 2020
The candidates are always advised to check the syllabus of the exam before the examination. This is also an important step, as it helps a student in preparing them for the examination.
|General Knowledge||Daily newspaper headlines, geography, chemistry, history, current events, etc.|
|Elementary Maths||Number System, Logarithms, Unitary Method compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation, algorithm, algebra, trigonometry, geometry, areas, menstruation, Elementary Number Theory. H.C.F. and L.C.M, and statistics|
|English||Basic grammar topics, synonyms, comprehension, antonyms, Para jumbles and error spotting.|
UPSC Combined Defence Services (ii) 2020 Admit Card
An admit card is the most important document required for the examination. Every student has to bring their admit card along with other required documents on the day of examination otherwise, the candidate will not be allowed to participate in the examination. The candidates can download their respective admit card from the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
The results will be declared in the month of January 2019 of the written examination and the interview will be held in months of January and February. Only unmarried graduates allowed to sit for the examination. The candidates who are qualified are admitted to the various Academies after an Interview which is held by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
Through Written Examination, Personality Test and Interview the candidates will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy.
The total marks secured in the written examination and in the SSB tests by the candidates will be placed in the order of merit which will be based on it. The final selection will be made according to the order of merit which will be subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and also a number of vacancies.
UPSC CDS-II 2020 Cut Off
The minimum marks required to qualify the examination are known as Cut-off Marks. After the publication of result, UPSC CDS Cut-Off Marks 2020 will be released. And every department will be assigned a cut-off. These cut-off marks will be based on these factors:
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Number of vacancies
- Number of Students Appeared in the examination.