UPSC IESISSE 2020: The Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Exam 2020 Dates of the interview are announced and in August. IES Exam is an important step for those planning a career as an officer in statistics and economics in government service. It is one of the most competitive examinations in the country as it aims at recruiting the best with no place for second bests. The selected candidate can now start their academics and those who are not able to crack it can apply next year for the same.
UPSC IESISSE 2020 Important Dates
|Date of Notification||21 March 2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||16 April 2020 – 6:00 pm|
|Duration of Examination||Three Days|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||29 June 2020|
|Date of Publication of Result||July 2020|
|Date of Interview||August 2020|
|Final Result||August 2020|
UPSC IESISSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be:
- a citizen of India; or
- a subject of Nepal; or
- a subject of Bhutan; or
- a Tibetan who arrived in India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
- all those candidates who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India Indian origin would be considered as an individual of Indian origin.
A candidate for admission to this exam must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 01st August 2020 i.e. The candidate must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1988 and not later than 01st August 1997.
The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- If a candidate belongs to an SC/ST then the age of the candidate must not exceed 5 years.
- In the case of candidate belonging to OBC category, to avail of reservation the candidate must not exceed 3 years.
- Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate has ordinarily been living in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 01st January 1981 to the 31st December 1990.
- Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country should not exceed 3 years.
- Up to a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 01st August 2017.
- In the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically disabled persons the age limit is up to a maximum of 10 years.
For Indian Economic Service: A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have at least obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
For Indian Statistical Service: A candidate applying for the Indian Statistical Service should have graduated with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or must have a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or those institutions which declared to be deemed under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Govt. from time to time.
UPSC IESISSE 2020 Application Form
The eligible and interested candidates can fill the application form online from the official website. Applications, which are submitted after the mentioned deadline, will not be accepted by the authority under any circumstances. So, candidates should submit the application form on time.
Candidates are required to apply online from the official website: www.upsconline.nic.in.
Fee of Rs.200/- must be paid by the candidates of General category either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash or by using Net Banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card. Candidates are exempted from making payment of a fee if they fall or come under the category of SC/ST/PH/Female.
- There will be six papers including General Economics-I, General English and General Studies, General Economics-II, Indian Economics and General Economics-III in an IES exam.
- There will be six papers including General Studies and General English, Statics-I, II, III and IV, in an ISS exam.
- Excluding General Studies and General English which will be of 100 marks, every paper will be of 200 marks.
- Negative marking rule will be applicable. 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong entry.
- The medium of the exam: English.
Part – I Indian Economic Service
Sl No.- Subject – Maximum Marks – Time Allowed
1. General English – 100 – 3 hrs.
2. General Studies – 100 – 3 hrs.
3. General Economics-I – 200 – 3 hrs.
4. General Economics-II – 200 – 3 hrs.
5. General Economics-III – 200 – 3 hrs.
6. Indian Economics – 200 – 3 hrs.
Indian Statistical Service
- General English – 100 – 3 hrs.
2. General Studies – 100 – 3 hrs.
3. Statistics-I (Objective) – 200 – 2 hrs.
4. Statistics-II (Objective) – 200 – 2 hrs.
5. Statistics-III (Subjective) – 200 – 3 hrs.
6. Statistics-IV (Subjective) – 200 – 3 hrs.
Part – II Viva Voice
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will interview the candidate on the basis of the record provided of the applicant’s career. The main aim of the interview is to assess the candidates’ suitability for the service for which he/she has competed. The interview is for testing the general and specialised knowledge and abilities of the candidate. The candidate will be expected to have taken an active interest not only in his/her subjects of academic study but also in events which are happening around him/her.
The technique of the interview is to reveal the candidate’s mental qualities and his/her grasp of problems and not that of a strict cross-examination.
UPSC IESISSE 2020 Syllabus
The candidates are always advised to check the syllabus of the exam before the examination. This is also an important step, as it helps a student in preparing them for the examination. Candidates should gather information related to the syllabus, for an accurate level of exam preparation. A syllabus-based preparation always helps aspirants to score considerable marks in the exam.
UPSC IESISSE 2020 Admit Card
An admit card is the most important document required for the examination. Every student has to bring their admit card along with other required documents on the day of examination otherwise, the candidate will not be allowed to participate in the examination. The candidates can download their respective admit card from the official website- www.upsconline.nic.in.
UPSC IESISSE 2020 Result
The candidates can check the result on the official website whenever it is released.