Assam TET 2021 is rescheduled to be held on 31 October by the Department of Elementary Education(Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Assam). Its primary aim is to certify deserving candidates for lower primary & upper primary teachers in the state of Assam. The test is held as Paper 1 & Paper 2, as per NCTE guidelines. The candidates must sit for the first in order to qualify for primary level (1 to 5), whereas for (6 to 8), they must take the upper primary level test. The qualifying candidates are awarded the TET certificate after the result is announced at the official website of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA). The certificate is valid for 07 years. In order to know more about the Assam Teachers Eligibility Test (Assam TET) application form, important dates, admit card, answer key, result etc, keep on reading the article.
Assam TET 2021 Status
|Application form ||Closed|
Assam TET 2021 will be held on 31 October instead of 24 October. The admit card will be released on 10 October 2021.
Assam TET 2021 Important Dates
In the table below the candidates can check Assam TET 2021 Important dates.
TET Assam 2021 Schedule
Release Of Notification
|14 September 2021|
Application Form Release Date
|15 September 2021|
Application Form Last Date
|25 September 2021|
Admit Card release date
10 October 2021
19 October 2021
24 October 2021
31 October 2021
Assam TET 2021 Admit Card
The Elementary Education, Government of Assam will release the Assam TET admit card at the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download it via the login section. Subsequently, the candidates will have to provide their registration details & password in order to download the hall ticket.
- The candidates must carry their ID proof along with the admit card to the examination centre.
- As there will be no entry inside the examination hall without admit card verification.
- Furthermore, the hall ticket must show the passport size photograph & signature clearly.
- Also, the candidates must read the instructions mentioned on the admit card & abide by the same in the examination hall.
Assam TET 2021 Syllabus
The Department of Elementary Education indirects the Assam TET syllabus. Candidates can check the Assam TET syllabus both for papers 1 & 2 below.
Section-1: Child Development and Pedagogy
- Factors influencing child development
- Dimensions of child development
- Individual differences
- Common Behavioural Problems of Children
- Process of learning
- Theories of learning
- Process of Children from the diverse context
- Organising Teaching
- classroom management
- concept of child-centred teaching and competency-based teaching
Section-2: Language I
The candidate has to select one language that he has proficiency in, for section 2. The languages in which he can select are:
Section-3: Language-2 (English)
- Pedagogy of language teaching
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Data handling
- integration of ICT in teaching Mathematics
- Number System
- Socially applicable Mathematics
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Introduction to graph and Data handling
- Integration of ICT in teaching Mathematics
- Children Environment
- Environment and Child’s Need
- Care and Protection of the environment
- Integration of ICT in teaching Environmental Science
- Use of ICT in teaching environment science
(iii) Paper-2: Social Science (60 marks)
- Political Science
Assam TET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam of Assam TET is conducted via two papers (1 & 2). Paper 1 is intended for candidates who intend to teach Lower Primary Level (Class 1 to 5), whereas, Paper 2 is for candidates who intend to be Upper Primary Level (6 to 8) teachers. To help both candidates, we have provided details of the exam pattern below.
150 Minutes For Each Paper
Total Number of Questions
150 Questions Per Paper
Question Paper Type
- For Every Correct Answer - 1 Mark
- No Negative Marking
Assam TET Exam Pattern For Paper 1
Total Number of Questions
& Pedagogy (compulsory)
Language II – English
Assam TET Exam Pattern For Paper 2
Total Number of Questions
Child Development &
Language I –
Language II –English
Mathematics & Science:
(For Maths/Science Teacher)
(For Social Studies Teacher)
Note: Teachers of other subjects
can choose any one among
Maths & Science
Assam TET 2021 Answer Key
The Department of Elementary Education, Assam, is the official authority that releases the Assam TET answer key after conducting the exam. It is released in a PDF format & the answer key for paper 1 & 2 is released separately. In order to download the answer key, the candidates must visit the official website. Furthermore, the answer key contains all the correct answers to the questions asked in the paper. The response sheet of the candidate is evaluated based on the answer key. For every correct answer, the candidate gets 1 mark each. There is no negative marking. Moreover, candidates can also object to the answer key by paying the prescribed fees within the stipulated time.
Assam TET 2021 Result
Based on the merit of the candidates who qualified for the exam, the authority releases the Assam TET Result. In order to qualify for the exam, the candidate must score the minimum marks as prescribed by the authorities. The result of Assam TET can be accessed by visiting the official website. The result will mention the specific details such as, name, roll number, registration number, category & overall score.
Assam TET 2021 Cut Off Marks
There is a fixed cut off for the overall paper. The candidates who secure equal to or more than the overall cut off will be deemed as qualified. We have mentioned the fixed cut off below.
60% (90 Marks)
55% (83 Marks)
Assam TET 2021 Application Form
The Department of Elementary Education is the official authority that releases the online application form for Assam TET.
- In order to apply for registration, the candidate must visit the official website (ssa.assam.gov.in).
- However,before applying, they must make sure they’re eligible.
- Also, if the candidate wishes to apply for both the papers, then, they must pay for each paper separately. However, there will be no request entertained for form correction. Hence, the candidates must cross-check all the details carefully before submitting the form.
- Also note that the candidate can only select one exam district for appealing for the Assam TET exam.
Assam TET 2021 Application Fees
The candidate must pay the application fee via debit card/credit card or net banking. We have mentioned below the application fee.
Assam TET Fee
Fee For Paper 1 & 2
Assam TET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. In case an ineligible candidate applies for the post, then his/her application will be cancelled. Also, the registration fee will not be refunded. Primarily, in order to apply for the exam, the candidates must be Indian citizen. Furthermore, we have mentioned the minimum educational qualification below.
Educational Qualification for Lower Primary
In order to be qualified to become the Lower Primary Teacher, the candidate must meet two conditions:
The candidate must have passed class 12th, & must be having either of the following qualifications:
- 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name is known)
- 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
- 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
- Graduation and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Condition 2: The candidate must be pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Guideline.
Educational Qualification For Upper Primary
In order to be qualified to become the Upper Primary Teacher, the candidate must meet two conditions:
- Graduation and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed).
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year B.A./B. Sc. Ed. Or B.A. Ed/B. Sc. Ed
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year B. Ed.(Special Education)
The candidate must be pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Guideline.
Relaxation of Marks
The candidates must have 50% marks in their minimum qualifications. However, the following are the cases where relaxation of 5% marks is applicable:
- Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD (PH) categories
- For Paper-1, candidates who were admitted in 2nd Year D.El.Ed. before August 31, 2009, and qualified it.
- For paper-2, candidates who were admitted in 1-Year B.Ed. before August 31, 2009, and qualified it.
Assam TET 2021 Exam Centres
The candidate must select the exam centre whilst filling the application form. However, they can only select one centre. We have provided the list of exam centres to choose from, below.
- SOUTH SALMARA MANKACHAR
- WEST KARBI ANGLONG
- DIMA HASAO
Assam TET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Assam Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Department of Elementary Education, Assam|
|Post details||Lower Primary (LP) and Upper Primary (UP) level teachers|
|Centres||In Assam, including 6 scheduled districts|
|Medium||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Assam TET Official Website||sss.assam.gov.in|