JNVST 2022 for class 6 Admission will be conducted on 30 April 2022 in one phase for all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. It is also known as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test and is conducted for class 6 admission to the 661 JNVs in the country. It is held every year. To know more details about JNVST 2022, read the article given below.
JNVST 2022 Exam Status
Candidates can check the JNVST 2022 exam status from the below table:
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2022 Status
|Class 6 Admission Test Exam on 30 April 2022|
- JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2022-23 will be held On Saturday, the 30th April 2022 at 11.30 A.M in one phase for all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- Download Prospectus For Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti selection Test-2022 For Admission to Class-VI-- Click Here
JNVST 2022 Important Dates
Given below are important dates for JNVST 2022:
JNVST 2022 Schedule
|Application Form Last Date||30 November 2021|
|Admit card||March 2022|
|Exam Date||30 April 2022|
|Result date||To be Announced|
JNVST 2022 Result
Candidates can download the JNVST 2022 result after the exam is conducted from the official website. Read the important points given below to gather more information related to the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2022 Result.
- JNVST 2022 Result will be declared on the official website i.e. navodaya.gov.in.
- The result will also be made available in offline mode at the offices of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, District Education Officer, District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region.
- The candidates will be selected as per the result of JNVST 2022 and will be given admission in various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs).
- The candidate must note that there will be no provision of re-evaluation results.
- Getting selected through the entrance exam does not mean that the applicants have secured their admission in JNVs.
JNVST 2022 Admit Card
JNVST 2022 Admit Card for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2022 (JNVST) has been released on the official website, navodaya.gov.in.
- Candidates have to appear for the selection test at the examination center as per the details given on the hall ticket.
- No request for change of center is entertained under any circumstance.
- In case of any discrepancy found on the admit card candidate must immediately contact the authority. Candidates must take a print of admit card for further process.
JNVST 2022 Answer Key
JNVST 2022 Answer key will be released after the commencement of the entrance exam.
- Candidates can calculate the approximate score secured in the exam.
- Every correct answer (+1.25 marks) will be allotted.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Candidates can take a print of the answer key for future reference.
JNVST 2022 Application Form
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti had released the JNVST 2022 Application form on the official website. Candidates could fill the application form from the website.
- The eligible candidates were able to fill up the online form.
- The candidate had to upload the certificate issued by the Head Master/Principal where the candidate is studying in class Vth along with the photograph and signatures of both candidates and their parent/guardian.
- No fee was required for the registration process i.e this exam is free of cost.
- Documents had to be uploaded in jpg format of the size between 10-100 kb only.
- Candidates must take a print of the application form for future references.
JNVST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their eligibility before filling the registration form to avoid rejection at the last moment. Given below is the JNVST 2022 Eligibility criteria in detail:
- Candidates belonging to the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission.
- In case, if the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya is not started in the district as yet.
- A candidate must be born after May 01, 2007.
- This will also be applicable for all category candidates including Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST).
- In case of any doubt regarding the age recorded in the certificate, they may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age. The decision of the medical board will be considered as final.
- A candidate who wants to appear for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2022 from Government/Government aided or any other recognized schools.
- Candidates must complete Class-V in session 2022.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have passed and studied classes III, IV, and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided/recognized.
- Candidates passing the ‘B’ certificate competency course of the National Institute of Open Schooling on or before September 30, 2020, are also eligible for the admission test.
- The rural status of a candidate from the National Institute of Open Schooling will be decided based on a certificate to be issued by the Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District indicating that the candidate has been residing in rural areas for the last three years. Candidates studying under the above scheme and residing in urban and notified areas are not eligible for obtaining a seat in the rural quota.
- A candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before September 15, 2019, is not able to apply.
Check the category-wise eligibility criteria from the below-given table:
Category-wise Eligibility Criteria for JNVST 2022
- 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and the remaining seats will be filled by the candidates belonging from the urban areas of the district.
- Applicants seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from any Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized school(s) located in rural areas.
- Candidates who are studying under the schemes of NIOS(National Institute of Open Schooling) have to produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer.
|For Urban Candidates||Candidates who have studied in an urban area school even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV, and V will be considered as urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are defined in 2011 through a subsequent Government notification.|
|For Transgender Candidates||Applicants must note that no separate reservation for transgender applicants is provided by the conducting authority and the candidates will be considered in the Boys category for reservation purposes, under various sub-categories such as SC/ST, Rural, Urban.|
JNVST 2022 Reservation Criteria
Candidate can check the below-given category-wise reservation criteria for JNVST 2022:
Reservation of seats for JNVST 2022
|Category||Seat in Percentage|
|Candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled up from the urban areas of the district.||75%|
|SC and ST||proportion to their population in the district but not less than the national average|
|Disabled candidate (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired, and Visually Handicapped).||3%|
JNVST 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidate must be aware of the exam pattern to get an idea regarding the exam. Given below is the JNVST 2022 Exam pattern in detail.
JNVST Exam Pattern 2022
|Mode of Examination||Pen Paper Based|
|Duration||2 hours(30 minutes extra for Divya Gyan)|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
- (+1.25) for correct answers.
- There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Given below is the section-wise distribution of marks:
|Section||Number Of Question||Marks||Duration||Weightage|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60||50 %|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30||25 %|
|Language Test||20||25||30||25 %|
|Total||80||100||2 Hours|| |
Candidates must refer to the exam pattern for a better understanding of the paper pattern.
JNVST 2022 Syllabus
Candidates must be aware of the JNVST 2022 Syllabus to score well in the entrance exam. Given below is the syllabus in detail:
Section 1: Mental Ability Test
- Odd man out
- Figure matching
- Pattern completion
- Figure series completion
- Geometrical figure completion
- Mirror imaging
- Punched hole pattern (folding/unfolding)
- Space visualization
- Embedded figure
Section 2: Arithmetic Test
- The number and numeric system
- Four fundamental operations on the whole number
- The fractional number and four fundamental operations on them
- Factors and multiples including their properties
- Lcm and HCF of numbers
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc
- Distance, time and speed
- Approximation of expressions
- Simplification of numerical expressions,
- Percentage and its applications
- Profit and loss
- Simple interest
- Perimeter, area, and volume
Section 3: Language Test
This section will consist of 4 passages with 5 questions each.
JNVST 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below given JNVST 2022 Preparation tips for the entrance exam:
- Practice a lot of multiple-choice questions before the exam to finish the exam before time.
- Solve the sample questions paper which is given on the website to score well.
- Also, solve past year papers to get an idea regarding the question paper.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers, therefore candidate can mark those questions also in which they are insured.
- Try not to panic during the exam. In case the candidate is feeling low or scared then take a deep breath, drink some water, and move onto another question.
JNVST 2022 Exam Centres
Given below is the list of JNVST 2022 Test centre which a candidate can choose according to their preferences.
For Phase 1:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts)
- Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts)
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal (except Darjeeling)
- Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Dadar & Nagar Haveli
- Daman & Diu
For Phase 2:
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Districts of Dibang Valley
- Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh
- Districts of Chamba
- Lahaul & Spiti
- Shimla of Himachal Pradesh
- District of Darjeeling of West Bengal
States for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District. At present there are 661 Vidyalayas are in 28 States and 07 Union Territories, out of which 636 are in running. Given below is the State-wise distribution of JNVs:
Distribution of Navodaya Vidyalayas in state
|States||No. of Vidyalaya||State||No. of Vidyalaya||States||No. of Vidyalaya|
|Andhra Pradesh||13+02**||Himachal Pradesh||12||Punjab||22+01**|
|Assam||27+01**||Jammu & Kashmir||22+01**||Pondicherry||04|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||03||Karnataka||30+01**||Sikkim||04|
|Chattisgarh||27+01**||Madhya Pradesh||51+02**+01*||Uttar Pradesh||75+01**|
|Daman & Diu||02||Manipur||09+02**||West Bengal||19+01**|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||01||Meghalaya||11+01**||Total 638+22**+1*= 661|| |
JNVST 2022 Important Links
JNVST 2022 Highlights
Candidates can check the vital information regarding the JNVST 2022 from the below-given table:
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
Navodaya Vidyalaya(NV) has to be established in each district. Accordingly, 62 new JNVs have been sanctioned during 2016-17 in various districts of the country, and in addition to this 10 new JNVs each have been sanctioned in districts having a large concentration of SC & ST population. Besides this, 3 JNVs have been sanctioned that are Senapati-II (Manipur), Ukhrul-II (Manipur) & Ratlam-II (Madhya Pradesh) as a special case that makes the total number of JNVs sanctioned to 661. Each Navodaya Vidyalaya has provision for a full-fledged campus with sufficient building for classrooms, dormitories, dining-hall, staff-quarters, and other infrastructural facilities with playgrounds, workshops, library, and labs, etc.
About Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test
JNVST is organized to provide good quality of modern education including a strong component of culture, awareness of the environment, values, physical education, and adventure activities to the talented children predominantly from rural areas and to ensure that candidates must attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages. To serve in each district as a point for improvement of quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.
JNV Selection Test Details
|The total States and UTs||09|