Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) will soon announced the new date of JPSC Civil Service mains. The JPSC Civil Service mains exam 2022 is scheduled in two shifts. conducts the exam for the selection of candidates in the state administrative department. Basically, grade A and B posts are filled through the JPSC civil service exam. JPSC application takes place in an online mode. Graduation is the minimum eligibility requirement to apply for JPSC. Various posts such as Officers in different fields, Research Officers, assistant, medical officer, Lecturer, Senior Personal Assistant, Research Officers, Other Officers, etc. So basically the exam takes place in three-phase:
- Prelims Exam: 1st phase of exam that consists of multiple-choice
- Mains Exam: Prelims qualified candidates are eligible to have the descriptive paper.
- Interview: Those who appeared for the mains exam are called for an interview.
- The official notification regarding JPSC 2022 is not yet released by the conducting authority.
- The Combined Civil Services Mains Examination-2021 is scheduled to be held on 11, 12, and 13 March 2022.
- The Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) has released the admit cards for the Combined Civil Services Mains Examination-2021 on its official website.
JPSC 2022 Important Dates
Through the various reports, it can be seen that JPSC is not regular in its recruitment process. The 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th JPSC is yet to be completed, so there is a high rate of uncertainty about the dates of JPSC 2022. However, the dates can be assumed by looking into the past action. Check out the dates in the table given below.
JPSC Combined Civil Services Prelim Exam 2022 Schedule
Applications commence from
|To be notified soon|
Applications end on
|To be notified soon|
Release of Mains admit card
|To be notified soon|
Preliminary Exam date
To be notified soon
Declaration of Prelims result
To be notified soon
JPSC 2022 Admit Card
JPSC admit card will be released in an online mode. The candidates have to enter their login credentials in order to download the admit card. The steps to have the admit card includes:
- Visit the official site of JPSC
- Click on the link of the “JPSC admit card”
- Enter the details such as username and password
- JPSC hall ticket will reflect on the screen
- Download and take the print of it for future reference.
JPSC 2022 Application Form
Application of Jharkhand PCS exam takes place in an online mode at the official site. Before filling the form, candidates have to keep themselves ready with the:
- Valid Email Id and mobile no.
- Scanned copies of the required documents
- Educational documents
- Identity card
- Banking Facility for the payment
How To Apply For JPSC 2022?
The process one needs to follow to apply for JPSC is:
- Visit the official site of JPSC
- As per the notified post, click on “Apply Online”.
- Do the registration by providing the details required. (Make sure to check that details entered are correct)
- Username name/application no. is generated through registration.
- Use the credentials to Login into the account and complete the further process.
- upload the documents required in the correct size and format.
- Before the final submission, check the details twice/thrice.
- Now pay the application fee net banking/debit card or credit card.
- Download the filled JPSC application form and take the print for future uses. .
JPSC 2022 Eligibility Requirement
Only eligible candidates can apply for the JPSC 2022. So check the requirements before applying for the JPSC.
Eligibility Criteria are:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must have the domicile of Jharkhand. (Other state students will be considered as the “General Category” student)
- Graduation in any discipline from the recognized university with a minimum 50% aggregate.
- Candidates must not be less than 21 years of age or more than 35 years.
- Age relaxation is there as per government rules.
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
Extremely Backward Classes/Backwards Classes
Persons with benchmarks disability(PwBD)
A relaxation of 10 years in their respective categories
Female of Unreserved/Extremely Backward Classes/Backwards Classes
Candidate who gas 3 years of regular service under Jharkhand Govt.
A relaxation of 5 years in their respective categories
JPSC 2022 Syllabus
JPSC Prelims Syllabus : 2 papers
- History of India (15 marks)
- Geography of India (10 marks)
- Indian Polity and Governance (10 marks)
- Economic and Sustainable development (10 marks)
- Science and Technology (15 marks)
- Jharkhand specific questions (General Awareness of its history, society, culture and heritage) (10 marks)
- National and international current events (15 marks)
- General questions of miscellaneous nature (15 marks)
Paper 2 (Jharkhand Specific): 100 questions will be there
- economic, social, and political aspects of Jharkhand
- Geography of Jharkhand and many more
JPSC Mains Syllabus: 6 papers
- Paper I: General Hindi and General English (100 Marks)
- Paper-II: Language and Literature (150 Marks)
- Paper III: Social Sciences, History and Geography (200 Marks)
- Paper IV: Indian Constitution, Polity, Public Administration and Good governance (200 Marks)
- Paper V: Indian Economy, Globalization, and Sustainable development (200 Marks)
- Paper VI: General Sciences, Environment & Technology Development (200 Marks)
Let's check in detail
Paper I: General Hindi and General English (100 Marks)
This is the qualifying paper where candidates only need 30 marks out of 100 marks. Paper 1 will be divided into two parts of equal marks. I.e 50 marks for each English and Hindi section. The level of the questions for the Paper 1 is 10th grade English and Hindi.
Paper-II: Language and Literature (150 Marks)
Aspirants have to choose one from the given language and literature topics
- Oriya Language and Literature
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Santhali Language and Literature
- Panchpargania Language and Literature
- Nagpuri Language and Literature
- Mundari Language and Literature
- Kurux Language and Literature
- Kurmali Language and Literature
- Khortha Language and Literature
- Khadia Language and Literature
- Ho Language and Literature
Paper III: Social Sciences, History and Geography (200 Marks)
- Ancient period
- Medieval Period
- Modern Period
- History of Jharkhand
- Physical Geography (General Principles)
- Physical and Human Geography of India
- Natural Resources of India: Development and Utilization
- Geography of Jharkhand and utilization of its resources.
- Industrial and Urban Development
- The pattern on Urban Settlement and Pollution problems.
Paper IV: Indian Constitution, Polity, Public Administration and Good governance (200 Marks)
Indian Constitution and Polity
- Preamble, salient features of the Indian constitution, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy
- Union Government (Executive and Legislature)
- State Government (Executive, Legislature, Judiciary, Panchayats and Municipalities)
- Centre-state relations
- Special provisions relating to the administration of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribal Areas.
- Emergency provisions of the Constitution
- Election Commission of India
- Political parties and pressure groups
Public Administration and Good Governance
- Public Administration – Meaning, scope, and significance
- Public and private administration
- Union Administration – Central Secretariat, Cabinet Secretariat, Prime Ministers Office, Planning Commission, Finance Commission
- State Administration- State Secretariat, Chief Secretary, Chief Ministers Office
- District Administration – Origin and development of the office of District Magistrate and Collector, changing role of the District Collector, the impact of the separation of the judiciary on district administration
- Personnel Administration – Recruitment of civil services, Union Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commission, training of civil servants, leadership and its qualities, employees morale, and productivity
- Delegation, Centralization and decentralization of authority
- Bureaucracy – its merits and demerits, the role of bureaucracy in policy formulation and its implementation; nexus between bureaucracy and political executive; generalist versus specialist
- Development administration
- Disaster Management- causes, mitigation, classification of disasters, immediate and long term measures
- Good governance – Lokpal, Lokayukta, Central Vigilance Commissioner, grievance redressal, right to service act, right to information act, right to education act, consumer protection act, domestic violence against women (prevention) act
- Human Rights – concept, meaning, universal declaration of human rights, National Human Rights Commission, State Human Rights Commission, terrorism, social issues
Paper V: Indian Economy, Globalization, and Sustainable development (200 Marks)
- National Income – elementary concepts of national income, and methods of its calculation, example – GDP, GNP, NDP, NNP, GSDP, NSDP, DDP at constant and current prices, at factor cost etc
- Inflation – Concept, control of inflation, monetary, fiscal and direct measures.
- Demographic features
- Agriculture and Rural economy – green revolution, white revolution, rainbow revolution, WTO
- Industrial economy – policy initiative and changes
- Public finance – the scope of public finance, principles of public finance, taxation
- Public expenditure
- Fiscal policy- center and state fiscal relationship, the role of the finance commission
- Structure of Indian monetary and banking system in India.
- Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
Sustainable Development, Economic Issues, and Indian Development Strategy
- Meaning and measurement of Economic development; characteristics of underdevelopment, indicators of development: HDI, GDI, India’s HDI progress.
- Role of Foreign capital and technology in the growth of the economy
- Sustainable development – concept and indicators of sustainable development, economic, social, and environmental sustainability, the concept of GDP
- Development status and issues pertaining to socially and economically marginalized sections, like ST, SC, religious minorities, schemes launched by Central/State Government.
- Poverty and Unemployment: Measurements and trends, identification of BPL families, Multidimensional poverty index.
- Food and nutritional security – trends in food production and consumption in India, the problem of food security, problems and issues of storage, procurement, distribution, import, and export. Government policies, schemes, and programs such as Public Distribution System, Mid-day meal schemes, government policies for food and nutritional security.
Economic Reforms, Nature and Impact on Indian economy
- New economic reforms – Liberalization, Privatisation, Globalization, good understanding of International Finance Institutions like IMF, World Bank; World Trade Organisation
- Financial and Banking sector reforms, economic reforms, NABARD, RRB
- Globalization of Indian Economy – its positive and negative impacts on different sectors, issues of FDI, and FII in India.
- Agriculture sector – Growth, Issues of subsidies and public investment in agriculture
- Industrial development and economic reforms in India – major changes in Industrial policy, its impact on industrial growth, the role of public sector enterprises in India’s industrialization in post reforms period, disinvestment, and privatization of public enterprises.
The economy of Jharkhand – features, issues, challenges, strategies
- Economic growth and structure of Jharkhand’s economy, sectoral composition, growth in SDP, and per capita NSDP in last decade, agricultural and industrial growth in Jharkhand.
- Demographic features of Jharkhand – population, growth, sex ratio, density, literacy, the composition of the workforce, rural-urban composition, etc.
- Status of poverty, unemployment, food security, malnutrition, education, and health indicators in Jharkhand, major initiatives, issues of agricultural and rural development, major programs and schemes, poverty alleviation programs, food security schemes.
- Land, forest, and environmental issues in Jharkhand
Paper VI: General Sciences, Environment & Technology Development (200 Marks)
- Concepts on the living world, cell-structure, its functions, diversity of organism, biomolecules cell reproduction
- Medallion inheritance, theories of the evolution of life on earth, including human evolution.
- Basic knowledge on system of units like MKS, CGS, SI
- Topics on Speed, velocity, gravity, mass, weight, force, impact, work, power and energy
- Covers topics related to solar system
- Concepts concerning sound, wavelength frequency, infrasonic and ultrasonic sounds characteristics and applications.
- Measures that were taken by the Government of India to preserve the environment measures to tackle global environmental issues, air pollution, water pollution.
- Understanding of numerous environmental laws.
- Candidates’ knowledge on Biodiversity hotspots and threats to biodiversity hotspots.
- A good understanding of the agro-climatic conditions of Jharkhand, rainfall pattern and abiotic stresses in each zone.
- Knowledge of Food and horticultural crops of Jharkhand, understanding the need behind the diversification of crops, nutritional security due to the onset of climate change, the role of rainwater harvesting in improving agricultural production, and fish farming.
- Candidates are required to have sound knowledge on Soil fertility, measures that are undertaken to improve soil health, concepts on organic farming,agroforestry, wastelands and, government schemes to help the farmers of the state.
Science and Technology
- Indian Government policies concerning Nuclear technology, focus on global nuclear policies.
- Plans made by the Government to meet the energy demands of the country through various renewable and non-renewable sources of energy.
- A good understanding of the Indian Missile program, the space program.
- Knowledge of the latest developments in Information Technology challenges faced due to Cybercrimes
JPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out the JPSC test pattern as per the level of the exam.
1). JPSC Prelims Exam
- Questions type: Objective
- Language of questions: English/Hindi
- No. of Papers: 2
- Duration of paper 1 & 2 : 2 hours each
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks for each question.
- Negative Marking for wrong response: No
No. Of Questions
2). JPSC Main Exam
- Questions Type: Descriptive
- Number of Papers: 6
- Duration of each paper: 3 hours
General English is the qualifying paper.
General Hindi & General English
Language & Literature
Indian Constitution & Polity
- Interview: 100 marks is there for the Viva
JPSC 2022 Previous Years Paper
JPSC aspirants need to solve the previous year’s question paper. This is because:
- The preparation level boosts up.
- Have an understanding of the weightage of the chapters.
- Knowledge about the types of questions asked in the exam.
- Learn time management.
JPSC 2022 Result
After the successful completion of the exam process, the JPSC result will be declared in an online mode. JPSC result will be out in the form of the merit list in pdf form that contains the name and roll no. of the selected candidates.
JPSC 2022 Overview
Jharkhand Public Service Commission
JPSC Combined Civil Service Examination
Language of the Paper
English / Hindi
Admit card link