MAH AAC CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates for appearing in the entrance exam. The Maharashtra Applied Arts and Crafts Common Entrance Test will be conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra at the state level. The exam will be organised for those seeking to take the admission in Bachelor of Fine Arts. The candidates are advised to first go through the eligibility before applying for the exam.
MAH AAC CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants can check the eligibility for the MAH AAC CET 2020 below. If the candidate found ineligible at any stage of admission process the applying institute has the right to cancel their admission. Please check the eligibility below:
For Undergraduate Visual Art Courses ( Fine Art and Applied Art)
- The interested applicants must have appeared 10+2 or equivalent level from the recognised board/institute.
- The candidates must have English as a subject at the HCS/12th level.
- Minimum 45% marks for Unreserved category and 40% marks for the reserved category are required at the HSC level.
- The candidates must be an Indian National for appearing in the entrance exam.
Candidature Type - A Candidate can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature Type i.e. from below mentioned:
- Candidates passing SSC and also HSC from a recognized institution/board in Maharashtra State.
- An applicant who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra.
|Type B||A candidate who or whose Father or Mother is domiciled in Maharashtra and possess Domicile Certificate are eligible.|
|Type C||An applicant whose father or mother is an employee of the Indian Government or Government of India Undertaking and who has been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submission of Application Form for CAP.|
|Type D ||An applicant whose parents are retired employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.|
|Type E||Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognized institution located in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and|
whose Mother tongue is Marathi are also eligible.
- The Candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from Maharashtra and as notified by the Government are eligible.
Eligibility for NRI and Foreign Candidates/OCI/PIO
- NRI candidates are also eligible based on the terms mention in the clause (n) of section 2 of the Act.
- The Foreign Student Candidates, as defined in clause (i) of section 2 of the Act, the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) candidate, as in under clause (p) of rule 2 and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) as defined in clause (o) of section 2 of the Act are eligible under this category.
Eligibility for Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
The Jammu and Kashmir candidates can check the eligibility for MAH AAC CET 2020 below:
- The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from
the unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir
- The children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police
Services(IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and
paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities and joined
the post on or before the last date for submission of application for admission.
- The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism
are eligible under this category.
Eligibility criteria for Candidates belonging to Person with Disability
In addition to the basic qualification mentioned above, a candidate who is suffering from any one of
the following permanent disability is eligible to seek admission against seats reserved for Persons
with Disability candidates.
Age Limit for MAH AAC CET