PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 online registration has been started from 05 August 2020 & the last date to apply has been extended until 02 September 2020. University School of Open Learning Panjab University has issued a notification for admission to B.Ed (Correspondence) for the academic session 2020-21. The admission will be provided based on the marks of the qualifying examination. The admission process is organised once a year at the state level. Interested candidates can check all the details of PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, etc below in the article.
- The last date for deposit of fee through Online mode is 07 September 2020.
- The date of display of Provisional Merit List is 26 September 2020.
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 Dates
Schedule of PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 has been provided below in the table
USOL B.Ed Admission 2020 Schedule
|Date of Availability of Online Application Form||05 August 2020|
|Last Date for Registration and Completion of the form||02 September 2020|
|Last Date for Deposit of Fees (Online mode)||07 September 2020|
|Last Date for Deposit of Fees (Offline mode)||16 September 2020|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||26 September 2020|
|Last date for pointing out discrepancies, if any, in the Provisional Merit list by the candidates||28 September 2020|
|Admission-cum- allotment of Study Centres||03 October 2020|
|Last date for Deposit of Ist Instalment of course Fee||08 October 2020|
Apply Online for PU B.Ed Correspondence 2020
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 Application Form
The candidates can apply online for PU B.Ed Correspondence 2020 admission. Eligible candidates can apply from the below link.
- The candidates must apply online on the official website only. Do not prefix the title such as Shri / Smt. / Mr. / Mrs. / Dr. etc. along with names.
- The applicants need to submit the form via offline mode.
- The application fee can be deposited via online mode only. Fee once submitted will not be refunded.
- Applicants will have to send the print out of application form along with the requisite documents(By hand/ By post) to Assistant Registrar (Establishment), Room no. 103, Ground Floor, University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 on or before the last date.
- Aspirants must ensure that the details mentioned in the form are correct & complete.
- Incomplete form will lead to rejection & cancellation of candidature.
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 Application Fee
Applicants can check the online registration fee details for Panjab University Chandigarh B.Ed admissions 2020 below in the given table:
PU B.Ed Admission 2020 (Correspondence) Enrollment Fees
|General/Unreserved categories||Rs 800/-|
|SC/ST/Persons with Disability ||Rs 400/-|
Modes of Payment - Internet Banking or website generated challan at Bank.
Documents Required to be sent along with PU B.ED (Correspondence) Admission Form 2020
The self-attested photocopies of the following documents are required to be sent by along with the Printout of the filled Application Form by post to:
University School of Open Learning,
Panjab University Chandigarh, PIN 160014
- Graduation degree (B.A./B.Com. B.Sc. etc) and Detail Marks Cards of all the three years
- Post-graduation detail marks card if the candidate is not eligible on the basis of marks obtained in graduation.
- Detail Marks Card of Diploma/ Certificate in primary/elementary teacher training approved by NCTE.
- Certificates/ documents supporting the claim for reservation
- Employment certificate (for in-service teachers in elementary education)
Download PU B.Ed Correspondence Admission 2020 Prospectus Pdf
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for PU B.Ed (Correspondence) admission.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed NCTE recognized teacher education programme
- The candidates who entered in teaching profession based on the Diploma/ Certificate in primary /elementary teacher training and are intended to improve their competence by obtaining a degree in a secondary teacher training programme can apply, provided they have graduation/post-graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with a minimum score of 50% marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and mathematics with a minimum score of 55 % marks
- Candidates who have completed NCTE recognized teacher training programme through face-to-face mode and not in the teaching profession are also eligible. ODL programme provided they possess graduation/post-graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with minimum 50% marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and Maths with minimum 55% marks
- In the case of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Backward Class /Person with Disabilities (PwD), the requirements of the mark shall be reduced by 5% provided they have obtained minimum pass marks prescribed by the regulations
For calculating marks in case of B.A. qualified candidates the following procedure will be adopted:
- An average percentage of marks obtained in Prabhakar / Giani or an equivalent MIL Examination, English and in two more elective subjects (If more than two subjects have been cleared, the score in which he/ she scored higher marks will be taken into account). Prabhakar or Giani will be considered as an elective subject and brought at par with one elective subject in respect of maximum marks.
- For candidates who have received their B.A. degree after doing Shastri or an equivalent Oriental Title examination, marks obtained in Shastri examination or an equivalent will be considered as scored out of two subjects (elective) and calculated based on the marks obtained in two elective subjects to the best advantage of the candidate
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 Selection Criteria
Admissions to 800 seats in B.Ed.(correspondence) will be provided based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination only.
|Category||Seat Percentage||500 Seats (for|
|300 Seats (for all India|
&Chd. (UT )
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||15||75||45||120 |
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||7.5||38||23||61|
|BC (Backward caste)||5||25||15||40|
|A person with Disabilities (PWD)||5||25||15||40|
|Riot Victims and Terrorist affected||2||10||6||16|
|Wards of Freedom Fighters||2||10||6||16|
(of reserved categories)
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2020 Highlights
The candidates can check a few basic information about Panjab University Bachelor of Education (Correspondence) admission 2020 below in the table:
Panjab University Bachelor of Education (Correspondence)
|Conducting Body||University School of Open Learning (USOL) Panjab University|
|Frequency||Once a yera|