PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 will be conducted by the University School of Open Learning (USOL) Panjab University for admission to B.Ed (Correspondence) for the academic session 2021-22. The admission will be provided based on the marks of the qualifying examination. The admission process is organised once a year at the state level. Interested candidates can check all the details of PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 like the application form, eligibility criteria, etc below in the article.
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admission 2021 Status
Candidates can check the PU B.Ed Correspondence Admission 2021 status from the below table:
|Application status||Official notification is yet to release|
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 Dates
The Schedule of PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 has been provided below in the table
USOL B.Ed Admission 2021 Schedule
|Date of Availability of Online Application Form||August 2021|
|Last Date for Registration and Completion of the form||December 2021|
|Last date by which the printout of filled Application|
|Admission-cum- allotment of Study Centres||December 2021|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||December 2021|
Apply Online for PU B.Ed Correspondence 2021
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 Application Form
The candidates can apply online for PU B.Ed Correspondence 2021 admission from July 2021. Eligible candidates can apply from the below link.
- The candidates must apply online on the official website only. Do not prefix the title such as Shri / Smt. / Mr. / Mrs. / Dr. etc. along with names.
- The applicants need to submit the form via offline mode.
- The application fee can be deposited via online mode only. The fee once submitted will not be refunded.
- Applicants will have to send the print out of the application form along with the requisite documents(By hand/ By post) to Assistant Registrar (Establishment), Room no. 103, Ground Floor, University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 on or before the last date.
- Aspirants must ensure that the details mentioned in the form are correct & complete.
- Incomplete form will lead to rejection & cancellation of candidature.
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 Application Fee
Applicants can check the online registration fee details for Panjab University Chandigarh B.Ed admissions 2021 below in the given table:
PU B.Ed Admission 2021 (Correspondence) Enrollment Fees
|General/Unreserved categories||Rs 800/-|
|SC/ST/Persons with Disability ||Rs 400/-|
Modes of Payment - Internet Banking or website generated challan at Bank.
Documents Required to be sent along with PU B.ED (Correspondence) Admission Form 2021
The self-attested photocopies of the following documents are required to be sent along with the Printout of the filled Application Form by post to:
University School of Open Learning,
Panjab University Chandigarh, PIN 160014
- Graduation degree (B.A./B.Com. B.Sc. etc) and Detail Marks Cards of all the three years
- Post-graduation detail marks card if the candidate is not eligible based on marks obtained in graduation.
- Detail Marks Card of Diploma/ Certificate in primary/elementary teacher training approved by NCTE.
- Certificates/ documents supporting the claim for reservation
- Employment certificate (for in-service teachers in elementary education)
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for PU B.Ed (Correspondence) admission.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed NCTE recognized teacher education programme
- The candidates who entered in teaching profession based on the Diploma/ Certificate in primary /elementary teacher training and are intended to improve their competence by obtaining a degree in a secondary teacher training programme can apply, provided they have a graduation/post-graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with a minimum score of 50% marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and mathematics with a minimum score of 55 % marks
- Candidates who have completed NCTE recognized teacher training programme through face-to-face mode and not in the teaching profession are also eligible. ODL programme provided they possess graduation/post-graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with minimum 50% marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and Maths with minimum 55% marks
- In the case of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Backward Class /Person with Disabilities (PwD), the requirements of the mark shall be reduced by 5% provided they have obtained minimum pass marks prescribed by the regulations
For calculating marks in the case of B.A. qualified candidates the following procedure will be adopted:
- An average percentage of marks obtained in Prabhakar / Giani or an equivalent MIL Examination, English and in two more elective subjects (If more than two subjects have been cleared, the score in which he/ she scored higher marks will be taken into account). Prabhakar or Giani will be considered as an elective subject and brought to par with one elective subject in respect of maximum marks.
- For candidates who have received their B.A. degree after doing Shastri or an equivalent Oriental Title examination, marks obtained in Shastri examination or an equivalent will be considered as scored out of two subjects (elective) and calculated based on the marks obtained in two elective subjects to the best advantage of the candidate
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 Selection Criteria
Admissions to 800 seats in B.Ed.(correspondence) will be provided based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination only.
|Category||Seat Percentage||500 Seats (for|
|300 Seats (for all India|
&Chd. (UT )
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||15||75||45||120 |
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||7.5||38||23||61|
|BC (Backward caste)||5||25||15||40|
|A person with Disabilities (PWD)||5||25||15||40|
|Riot Victims and Terrorist affected||2||10||6||16|
|Wards of Freedom Fighters||2||10||6||16|
(of reserved categories)
LIST OF APPROVED STUDY CENTERS FOR CONDUCT OF PERSONAL CONTACT PROGRAMME OF B.Ed. I to IV Semesters*
The approved study centres for the conduct of Personal Contact Programs (PCP) are given below.
- The candidates will be allotted study centres in order of merit.
- The candidates will be required to fill their choice of study centre in the order of preference in the Online Application Form.
- Study Centre once allotted will not be changed.
|Sr. No|| |
|1||University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh.|
|2||Govt. College of Education, Sector 20-D, Chandigarh|
|3||D.A.V.College of Education, Abohar|
|4||BCM College of Education, Urban Estate, Ludhiana |
|5||DevSamaj College of Education for Women, Ferozepur City|
|6||DevSamaj College of Education for Women, Sector-36, Chandigarh|
|7||GTB Khalsa College of Education, Dasuya|
|8||Dasmesh Girls College of Education, Badal|
PU B.Ed Correspondence Admissions 2021 Highlights
The candidates can check a few basic information about Panjab University Bachelor of Education (Correspondence) admission 2021 below in the table:
Panjab University Bachelor of Education (Correspondence)
|Conducting Body||University School of Open Learning (USOL) Panjab University|
|Frequency||Once a year|