UKPSC Recruitment 2021 is conducted by the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC), which is a state level based commission, responsible for conducting government job exams. Various recruitments for the state government are done throughout the year by the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC). The candidates aspiring to take government jobs in the state of Uttarakhand turn to UKPSC Recruitment The eligible candidates are selected based on the exam conducted (Prelims & Mains) & the interview held from time to time. The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission authority releases advertisements & notification regarding the various recruitments at the official website portal (ukpsc.gov.in) to fill in vacancies. Furthermore, in order to know more about UKPSC Recruitment 2021, keep on reading the article.
UKPSC Recruitment 2021 Status
The candidates can check the UKPSC Recruitment 2021 status from the table below.
UKPSC Recruitment Important Dates 2021
The aspiring candidates sitting for the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) recruitment exam, must keep updated regarding the UKPSC exam notifications. Therefore, we have provided some important dates, in the table below.
Application Form Release Date
05 March 2021
Last Date To Fill The Form
25 March 2021
Exam Date (Mains)
24 July 2021 Onwards
UKPSC Recruitment Application Form 2021
In order to apply for the UKPSC Recruitment exam, the candidate must primarily fill up the UKPSC Recruitment application form. They must visit the official website of Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (ukpsc.gov.in). Thereafter, they must provide the required information such as personal, academic & contact information whilst filling the form. Subsequently, they must upload the required documents & then pay the registration fees. Furthermore, it is imperative for candidates to fill the application form before the last date in order to successfully register themselves.
UKPSC Recruitment Application Form Fee 2021
In order to successfully register themselves, the candidates must pay the required registration fee. The fee can be paid via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. However, the fee differs on the basis of the candidates’ category. Therefore, we have provided all the necessary details regarding the same below.
Other State Candidates
General Merit /OBC Candidates
SC/ ST Candidates
UKPSC Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates must check the eligibility before filling the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) application form. The information regarding the same has been provided below.
- The candidates applying for the examination must be a citizen of India.
- The candidates must be between 21 - 42 years as on 1st July, 2021.
- However, the students belonging to OBC Categories get a relaxation of 3 years of age.
- For those from SC/ ST Category. candidates get 5 years relaxation.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized University.
Steps To Apply Online For UKPSC Recruitment 2021 Application Form
In order to apply online, the candidate must follow certain steps. We have provided information regarding the same. Check below.
- Firstly, the candidate must visit the official website of Uttarakhand Public Service Commission UKPSC Recruitment (ukpsc.gov.in).
- Thereafter, click on the recruitment advertisement.
- Subsequently, a notification will open, the candidate must read it & check eligibility criteria.
- Then fill in the online application form with personal, academic & contact details..
- Thereafter upload the required documents
- Then, make a payment of the application form fee.
- Finally, submit & take a copy of the filled application form for future purposes.
UKPSC Recruitment 2021 Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The aspiring candidates must keep themselves updated regarding the UKPSC Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern & Syllabus. Therefore, we have provided information regarding the same below.
Stage 1- Preliminary Examination:
The first stage of the UKPSC Exam is the Preliminary Examination. There are 2 examinations conducted in this stage which are qualifying in nature. The types of questions in the paper are objective in nature. However, the marks scored in Preliminary examination are not counted in merit.
Stage 2- Mains Examination:
The second stage of the UKPSC exam is the Mains Examination. Only those candidates who clear the preliminary stage are eligible to appear for the mains examination. There are 9 papers in total which are of descriptive(theory) type.
Stage 3- Personal Interview:
The final stage of the UKPSC paper is the Interview Round. Only those candidates who clear both Preliminary and Mains examinations are called for the final Interview round.
UKPSC Recruitment - Prelims Exam Pattern
No. Of Papers
- General Studies
- General Aptitude & English
Duration Of Exam
2 Hours For Each Paper
150 Marks For Each Paper
Paper 1 - 1 Mark For Each Question
Paper 2 - 1.5 Marks For Each Question
Total Number Of Questions
- Paper 1 - 150
- Paper 2 - 100
UKPSC Recruitment 2021 - Prelims Syllabus
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change
- General Science
UKPSC Recruitment - Mains Exam Pattern 2021
No. Of Papers
9 Papers (2 Qualifying, 4 General Studies & 2 Optional)
- Indian History & National Movement, Social & Culture
- Indian Administration, Social Justice & International Relations
- India Geography & World Geography
- Economic & Social Development
- General Science and Technology
- General Interest and Science
200 Marks Per Paper
3 Hours Each
UKPSC Recruitment - Mains Syllabus 2021
General Studies 1
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
- Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors/ contributions from different parts of the country
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
- Salient features of Indian Society
- Diversity of India Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems, and their remedies
- Effects of globalization on Indian society Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism
- History of the world will include events from the 18th century such as the industrial revolution, world wars, redrawing of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism, etc.- their forms and effect on the society
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country
- Salient features of the world’s physical geography Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent)
- Factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Geographical features and their location- Changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
General Studies 2
Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions, and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency, and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures
- Role of civil services in a democracy
- Structure, organization, and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions, and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation
- Issues relating to the development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora, their structure, mandate
- India and its neighborhood- relations Bilateral, regional, and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
General Studies 3
Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development, and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management. Land reforms in India.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy, and their effects on industrial growth.
- Public Distribution System objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, the role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cybersecurity; money-laundering and its prevention Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
- Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc. Investment models. Science and technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology
- Conservation, environmental pollution, and degradation, environmental impact assessment
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, Nano-technology, bio-technology, and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
- Disaster and disaster management.
General Studies 4
Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants, and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
- Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers, and administrators; the role of family, society, and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behavior; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption Case Studies on above issues.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations, and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service , integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance, and compassion towards the weaker sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
UKPSC Recruitment 2021 Admit Card
After the candidate successfully applies for the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) Recruitment releases the admit card online. Therefore, in order to download the hall ticket, the candidates must visit the official website of UKPSC (ukpsc.gov.in). Subsequently, the candidates must provide their valid credentials to download it. Furthermore, the UKPSC admit card is an important document as it contains information related to the exam such as exam centre, reporting time, roll number. Therefore, candidates must check it carefully. However, in case of any discrepancy, the candidate must contact the examination authority.
UKPSC Recruitment 2021 Answer Key
Subsequent to the UKPSC Recruitment exam being conducted, the official authority releases the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) answer key shortly. It is released in a PDF format & can be downloaded from the official website. Furthermore, it contains the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam, as well as the candidate’s answers. Therefore, the candidates can easily estimate their result & start preparing for the subsequent rounds of the recruitment.
UKPSC Recruitment 2021 Result
After every stage (Prelims, Mains, Interview) of the selection, the UKPSC releases the recruitment result. In order to check the result, the candidates must visit the official website. Therefore, candidates can download the UKPSC result & then proceed forward towards the subsequent stage of selection. Furthermore, once the authority declares the final Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) result, the shortlisted candidates are offered a job in the department, wherein the vacancy was posted.
About UKPSC 2021
The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission or UKPSC is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of the state of Uttarakhand. The agency's charter is granted by the Constitution of India. It conducts the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Preliminary Examination & Combined State/Upper Subordinate Main Examination.
UKPSC Recruitment Highlights 2021
The candidates can check the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) highlights from the table below.
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC)
i) Prelims Exam
ii) Mains Exam
iii) Personal Interview
Total Number of Papers
Mode Of Exam