Assam Police Sub-Inspector (UB) Recruitment 2020: Office of The Chairman, State Level Police Recruitment Board, Assam conducts an exam for recruitment of Sub- Inspector (UB) of police. The advertisement for the Assam Police SI Exam was published on 11 April 2018 in newspapers. The conducting body had published a revised notification on 6 November 2019 where applications were invited for 597 sub-inspector posts. Shortlisted applicants will be posted anywhere within the state. Applicants need to appear for a written exam, extra-curricular activities, computer proficiency, and physical efficiency test to qualify the exam.
- September 3: State Level Police Recruitment Board, Assam released Assam Police SI (UB) admit card for the written exam today, September 3; an applicant who registered for the same can download their admit cards from the official websites. The written exam will be held on September 20.
Assam Police SI Exam 2020 Important Highlights
Candidates can check below the important basic details about the exam of Assam Police SI 2020:
|Exam Name||Assam Police SI Exam|
|Conducting Body||Office of The Chairman, State Level Police Recruitment Board, Assam|
|Exam Frequency||Vacancy based|
|Exam Mode||Offline (OMR based)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Language||Assamese and English|
|Exam Fees||There is no application fee|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit sub-inspectors of Assam police|
|Exam Website||www.slprbassam.in, police.assam.gov.in|
Assam Police SI Exam 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates of Assam Police SI 2020 in the table given below:
|Assam Police SI Events||Assam Police SI Dates|
|Notification release||6 Nov 2019|
|Assam Police SI application begins||11 Nov 2019|
|Last date of application||30 Nov 2019|
|Assam Police SI admit card||03 Sep 2020|
|Assam Police SI exam date||20 Sep 2020|
|Date of PET||To be updated|
Assam Police Sub-Inspector (SI) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria are essential to be considered eligible for the post of sub-inspector in Assam police:
- Age: Age of the applicants must be between 20 years and 24 years as of July 1, 2019. Applicants belonging to SC, ST(H), or ST(P) categories will enjoy age relaxation of 5 years.
- Nationality: The applicant has to be an Indian citizen and must hold an Assamese domicile.
- Educational qualification: A bachelor’s degree from a registered College/Universities
|Gen / OBC / MOBC / SC||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|ST (H) / ST (P)||160.02 cm||152.40 cm|
|Chest (Only for men)||Normal||Expanded|
|Gen/OBC/MOBC/ SC/ST (P)||80 cm||85 cm|
|ST (H)||78 cm||83 cm|
- Candidates must not have a high color vision or squint eyes
- Candidates must not have any physical deformities
- Applicants with certain diseases such as hernia, piles, diabetes, respiratory diseases, etc. aren’t eligible to apply,
- Candidate’s near vision should be normal and distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other without correction.
Assam Police Sub-Inspector (SI) Recruitment Stages
Candidates should appear in all three stages given below for Assam Police SI 2020:
- Written Exam – 100 marks
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – 40 marks
- Computer Proficiency Test – 30 marks
- Extra-curricular Activities – 30 marks
Assam Police SI 2020 Selection Process
As per the Assam Police Sub-Inspector Exam Pattern, the exam will have the following stages:
|Assam Police SI Selection Stages||Allotted Marks||Salient Features|
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET)||40||
|Computer Proficiency Test||30||
Note: Applicants will be awarded marks for Extra-curricular Activities. NCC certificates holders, home guards, sportsperson and those who have extra academic achievements will get extra marks under this category. The final merit list will be prepared by combining marks obtained in written test, physical efficiency test, computer proficiency, and extra-curricular activities.