The Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication for more than 150 years, and has played a crucial role in the social economic growth of the country. It affects Indian citizens’ lives in many ways: mail delivery, acceptance of deposits under Small Savings Schemes, provision of life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and provision of retail services such as bill collection, form selling, etc.
The DoP also serves as an agent for India’s government in discharging other citizens’ programmes such as the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Job Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement and old age pension payments. The DoP has the most widely dispersed postal network in the world with 1, 55,531 Post Offices.
Indian Post GDS Recruitment 2020 Notification
India Post issued a new notification in Rajasthan and Haryana for the post of Gramin Dak Sewak. India Post extended the application connection from September 01, 2020 to September 20, 2020 for those candidates who have already registered for recruitment but have skipped online applications.
India Post issued recruitment notices for Gramin Dak Sewak posts in Uttarakhand, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Rajasthan. The India Post provides a total of 5222 vacancies. The online application for Jammu and Kashmir is active between 06th July and 05th August. Candidates should check work openings, qualifications, online application procedures and other important information
Indian Post GDS Recruitment Highlights 2020
|Recruitment Body||India Post (Bharatiya Dak Vibhag)|
|Name of Posts||Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster & Assistant Branch Postmaster|
|Active Recruitment Postal Circles||Odisha & Tamil Nadu|
|Educational Qualification||10th Pass|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online or Offline|
Indian Post Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
Post Department (DoP) has released Indian Post Recruitment 2020 Important Dates for the year 2020-21. The important dates for Indian Post Recruitment 2020 are as follows:
|Indian Post Recruitment 2020 Notification||September 01, 2020|
|Online Registration Starts from||September 01, 2020|
|Online Registration Ends On||September 20, 2020|
Indian Post Recruitment Online Application
The Indian Post Recruitment offers online application mode, for which application fees are to be charged online mode. Candidates are advised to visit the website. Candidates should follow the process for Indian Post‘s online application given below.
- Go to website-indiapost.gov.in or appost.in/gdsonline and log in
- Preview and submit the registration form and obtain unique registration number
- Charge Payment UR / OBC / EWS Male / Trans-man must pay tax. In Case of online payment, if no confirmation is obtained from the candidate’s bank account after deducting the number, candidates can wait up to 72 Hours for settlement.
- Payments offline can be made at any Head Post Office. Post Official List
- Apply online, then fill in the application form, upload documents and submit preference for posting.
Documents Required to fill Application Form
For the problem-free filling of the GDS application form, candidates are advised to be prepared according to their eligibility and necessity with the following documents:
- Scanned Copy of Photo
- Signature Scanned Copy
- SSC Marks Memo (Class 10 Marks Card)
- DOB Certificate or SSC Marks Memo as a DOB proof
- Community or Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS) Certificate (if applicable)
- Computer Certificate as required
- PH certificate (if applicable)
- Additional SSC Marks Memos (if any)
The category wise fee structure for Indian Post Recruitment online application is given below Fee/Intimation charges once paid won’t be refunded on any account nor can it’s held in reserve for the other examination or selection. the appliance fee must be paid online itself. To understand more check the entire guide for Indian Post Recruitment Application.
|UR/OBC/EWS Male/Transman||Rs. 100/-|
Application Fee Payment Process
To apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak Posts candidates must register themselves by paying the application fees for the GDS. The application fee can be charged either online or in offline mode.
Fee Payment Through Offline Mode: Applicants may need to visit the Head Post Office, or fee payment offices, to pay the charge via offline mode.
Fee Payment Through Online Mode:
- Candidates will have to visit the official website and click on the connection-Pay Electronically to pay the GDS payment fee via online mode.
- Please enter your registration number and other details needed. Check the amount of the charge you need to pay, and press the “Payment” button.
- The fee can be charged by candidates via Credit / Debit Cards and Net Banking facilities.
- Note that, aside from the payment fee, Rs. 10 must be charged as a service charge when paying by net banking and 1 per cent extra payable when charged by credit cards, per transaction. On the other hand no additional service charges for debit card payment.
Indian Postal Service, State Wise Vacancy
More than thousand aspirants appear for the Indian Post Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) and Dak Sevak. every year. Indian Post Recruitment has advertised for 27 posts in 2 categories.
|Jammu and Kashmir||442|
18 to 40 years (Age relaxation for reserved category as per govt. norm and there will no age relaxation for EWS Category)
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|PWD + OBC||13 Years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 Years|
- Secondary School Examination pass 10th standard certificate with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognised Board of School Education by the Government of India / State Governments / Union Territories in India shall be a compulsory educational qualification for all approved Gramin Dak Sevaks categories
- Applicants should have learned the local language in at least 10th grade
Any Computer Training Institute run by Central Govt / State Govt / Universities / Boards / Private Institutions / Organizations must obtain a basic computer training course certificate of at least 60 days period.
- Candidates will need to have biking experience which is a requirement for all GDS posts.
- Candidates must know how to read, write, and communicate in the respective State / UT local language.
Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab
- BPM – Rs.12,000/-
- ABPM/Dak Sevak – Rs. 10,000/-
Minimum TRCA for 5 Hours/Level 2 in TRCA Slab
- BPM – Rs.14,500/-
- ABPM/Dak Sevak – Rs. 12,000/-
Indian Postal Services Selection Process
Applicants must score the qualifying mark in the exam to get a job. Indian Post Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) and Dak Sevak are recruiting the candidates every year through the Performance in the:
- Merit List