Job Opportunities For Women In Indian Armed Forces: In the 21st century, there are no domains of work that women have not entered into. Women are standing equivalent to the man in every field of life whether it is army, police, IAS and there are so many fields in which women are working. The Indian armed forces which at a time was considered a male dominated workplace now it has confident and bold women, molding into every role and setting examples for everyone. Lieutenant General Puneeta Arora, a lady officer from the Army Medical Corps is the head of the prestigious defense institution, the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), in Pune. In the land of Razia Sultana and Rani of Jhansi, it comes as no surprise that women make their mark in the Armed Forces. The Indian Armed Forces comprised of Army, Navy Force, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Read this complete article to get more information about the Role of Women in the Armed Forces.
Job Opportunities For Women In Indian Armed Forces
The various opportunities that are available for women in the Indian army are mentioned below.
In Indian Army:
- Short Service Commission for Women(SSCW)-Non Technical: All the female graduates whose age is between 19 to 25 years can give the UPSC exam that is conducted twice in a year in order to apply for Indian Army. A total of 12 female candidates are selected through this mode in the Indian army.
- SSCW Judge Advocate General(SSCW JAG): This is one of the opportunities for female law graduates to serve as a Judge Advocate General in the Indian Army. For girls to be selected, they must have completed her LLB degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks and they should also be registered with the Bar Council of India. For this position, the age limit lies between 21 to 27 years and every year 8 female candidates are selected for this position.
- Military Nursing Service(MNS): This field is for those women who want to work as military nurses. The age limit for this field is 21 to 35 years of age. The academic requirement for this post is 12th level education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology(PCB) as their compulsory subjects.
Read How To Join Indian Army After 12th Here.
In Indian Navy
- Air Traffic Controller(ATC): It is an eminent position under the Indian Navy. Female candidates who fall under the age group of 19.5 to 25 years of age can apply for ATC. The aspirants must have a good academic background with graduation or post graduation in the science stream.
- Observer: Those female candidates who want to work as an observer in the Indian navy must have completed his graduation with a minimum of 55% marks in Mathematics and Physics at the 12th level. The age limit for this position is 19 to 23 years.
- Law: Similar to the Indian Army, the Indian Navy also has its law department which recruits efficient law graduates. The female candidate must have an LLB Degree with an aggregate of 55% marks and the age group is between 22 to 27 years.
- Education: Women under the age of 21 to 25 years of age and should have completed B.Tech or BE in computer science, Electrical, IT electronics, Mechanical or M.Sc in Maths, Physics and Computer Application with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply in Indian Navy under Education sector.
In Indian Air Force
- Flying Branch: In this field, there are three kinds of employment under the category of fighters, transports, and helicopters. The selection in this branch is done through the AFCAT exam which includes a written test, interview, and medical examination. Those female candidates who have a graduation degree with an aggregate of 60% marks along with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects at 12th standard or a female candidate with a B.E or B.Tech degree with 60% aggregate marks are eligible to apply for the branch.
- Technical Branch: This branch recruits female candidates with technical knowledge. In this, there are two kinds of positions are available.
- Mechanical: An aeronautical engineer with its specialization in Mechanical can apply for this field. Female candidates having a B.Tech degree with 60% aggregate marks are eligible to apply for this post.
- Electronics: This field is for those female candidates who have an interest in wires, appliances, and tools. The eligibility criteria of electronics are the same as in the mechanical branch.
These are the opportunities that are offered to female candidates armed forces in the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force.