List of Entrance Exams of Teaching Jobs: Due to high demand of teaching jobs in India, different entrance exams are conducted every year for jobs in the teaching profession. The exams are conducted to shortlist the eligible candidates for jobs in various teaching subjects. Candidates seeking jobs in the teaching profession can apply for the entrance exams in subjects of their field. The list of the entrance exams of teaching jobs are given in the article below:
List of Entrance Exams of Teaching Jobs
The various entrance exams for teaching jobs in various fields in India are given below:
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET):
TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) is an entrance exam for recruiting teachers in the government schools of different states.
- It is conducted by the Central Government as well as State Government. TET is one of the famous exams for teaching jobs in India and every year lakhs of candidates apply for this exam.
- It is mostly attempted by the female candidates because it is offering the secure and a prestigious job.
- Eligibility Criteria: The aspirant must have a B.ED degree to be eligible for the exam.
- TET is divided into two parts i. e level 1 and level 2 as given below:
- Level 1: This exam is conducted for becoming a primary teacher (Class I to Class IV).
- Level 2: This test is conducted for becoming a secondary teacher (Class VI to Class VIII).
Note: The popular TET Exams are – MAHA TET, HP TET, Assam TET, CTET, APTET, Bihar TET, TNET, UPTET, KTET.
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)
CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) is an entrance exam for aspirants eligible to teach in schools which comes under the central government of India.
- It is conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of School Education).
- It is a national level exam conducted twice a year.
- CTET exam was introduced by the Government of India to improve the standards of teaching.
- Eligibility Criteria: All Graduates are eligible to apply for the CTET entrance exam.
- Through CTET exam, aspirants will get jobs in schools of Central Government(KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools etc.).
- Also in all the schools under the administrative control of Union Territories of Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and NCT of Delhi.
National Eligibility Test (NET)
NET also Known as UGC NET (University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test).
- NET entrance exam is conducted by the National Test Agency (NTA).
- It is a national level entrance exam conducted twice a year i.e in June and December. This exam offers Job of “Assistant professor” and for “Both Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship” in Indian Universities and colleges.
- It is conducted to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for both the posts.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must have a Masters degree from a recognized board or University.
- This exam is conducted to determine the eligibility of lectureship and for the Junior research fellowship for Indian nationals to ensure the minimum standards for the applications in the teaching profession and research.
State Eligibility Test (SET)
SET Also Known as SLET (State level Eligibility Test). SET is conducted by their own states. It is conducted in all states of India.
- Candidates who qualify the exam are eligible to apply for post of lecturer within the jurisdiction of the member states of the SLET Commission.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates with a Master degree with minimum 55% and 50% (For SC/ST) are eligible for the SET exam.
- After clearing the SET exam, Candidates will get a Pass- Certificate by the SLET Commission having a lifetime validity period.
- By this certificate, candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer in the member states of SLET Commission for the whole life.
CSIR UGC NET
CSIR UGC NET commonly known as CSIR NET is conducted by the National Test Agency (NTA) on behalf of CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research), New Delhi.
- It is a national level exam conducted to select the candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for determining the eligibility for appointment as lecturer in Indian Universities and colleges for subjects.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates having a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree with minimum 55% marks and 50%(For SC/ST) are eligible to apply for the CSIR UGC NET exam.
- The award of Junior Research Fellowship depends on the finding of the placement in a university/national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research etc.