Indian Railways is going to conduct the World’s Largest Online Examination to fill up 18,000 vacancies. The vacancies will include different Non-Technical Popular Categories posts. To appear for the examination, a whopping 92 Lakhs aspirants applied for the job in the previous year. Out of such a huge lot, only 2.73 Lakhs qualified the Preliminary Examination. The name of such a famous examination is RRB NTPC Recruitment 2017 (Railways Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Categories).
Aadhar Card Mandatory for RRB Exams 2017 and also aadhar will act as Verification ID Proof For Admit Cards.
Check Railway RRB ALP Technician Result Here.
RRB NTPC Recruitment 2017 Notifications Details
|Name of Examination||RRB NTPC Examination 2017|
|Name of the Recruiter / Name of the Exam Conductor||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Name of Post / Name of Position||Non-Technical Popular Categories|
|Level of Examination||National Level Open Examination|
|Mode of Examination||Online Examination Conducted at Different Examination Venues|
RRB NTPC Recruitment Important Dates
|Name of Event||Date of Event|
|Release of Official Notification||September 2017|
|Deadline for Filling and Submitting Application Form||September to October 2017|
|Release of Admit Card (Stage 1)||October 2017|
|RRB NTPC 2017 Examination (Stage 1)||November 2017|
|Result Declaration (Stage 1)||December 2017|
|RRB NTPC 2017 Examination (Stage 2)||Jan/ Feb 2018|
|Result Declaration (Stage 2)||To Be Announced Soon|
|Typing Skill Test / Aptitude Test||To Be Announced Soon|
The above dates are tentative as per the data of the previous year. As soon as the official dates are available, it will be available on this page.
RRB NTPC Recruitment 2017-Main reason for 2.5 lakhs vacancies in RRB
RRB is going to conduct this online entrance exam for filling the vacancies for the post of Non technical popular categories (NTPC). Out of these, 80,000 vacancies are in the security department for the post of Commercial Apprentice (CA), Traffic Apprentice (TA), Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC), Goods Guard, Junior Accounts Assistant Cum Typist (JAA), Senior Clerk Cum Typist, Assistant Station Master (ASM), Traffic Assistant, Senior Time Keeper, Loco Pilot, Line-man, Gang-man, etc.
What is the reason behind so many posts lying vacant?
Firstly, there are almost 2.5 lakh seats lying vacant in Group C & D. The Rail Ministry had asked for a list of vacant posts from the year 2016 along with the list of candidates who were scheduled to retire in the year 2019. After enquiry, a huge number came up and thus, the ministry decoded to hold the examination again.
However as there is no official confirmation about the vacancy details, the number of vacancies might alter when the official notification is released.
Some Important Points Related to RRB Non-Technical Popular Categories
- This year also, RRB will release the notification in the month of July 2017.
- Also, the application form will be available in the month of July 2017.
- Then, there will be two stages of the examination.
- So, Stage 1 Admit Card will be available in August 2017.
- Further, RRB NTPC Examination of Stage 1 will occur in September 2017 and its result will be available in the month of December 2017.
- The candidates who clear the Stage 1 Examination will be eligible to appear in Stage 2 Examination.
- Stage 2 Admit Card will be available in January 2018.
- RRB NTPC Examination of Stage 2 will occur in February 2018.
- After the result declaration of Stage 2 Examination, there will be a Typing Skill Test / Aptitude Test.
As with any other entrance examination, a candidate should check his or her eligibility before applying. Here we are providing the eligibility requirements for RRB NTPC Recruitment 2017. Candidates should go through them before applying for the exam.
- Candidate should not be less than 18 years of age or more than 32 years of age.
- Candidates belonging to reserve categories have the age relaxation as per govt. norms.
- Candidate should have a Graduation Degree in any discipline from any recognised University.
- Appearing candidates are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should also hold proficiency in typing as well.
How to fill the RRB NTPC Recruitment Application form?
Candidates have to apply online. For this they have to visit the official website of RRB NTPC 2017. Link for which will be provided here.
They will need to upload a scanned image of passport sized photo and signature in the specified pattern or pixels. Keep them ready beforehand.
Go through the following steps to fill the application form
- Visit the official website of RRB NTPC.
- Click on Recruitment option on the homepage
- Select your region i.e. the region for which you want to apply.
- An Online application will be displayed
- Click on the ” New Registration link”
- Fill the details carefully (personal details, academic details and apply for the desired post.
- Submit the form. This will complete stage I of your application.
- A Registration number and password will be displayed on the screen
- Login again using the registration number and password
- Fill the asked relevant details carefull. Now stage II is completed.
- Further, the candidates has to pay the application fee. Application fee can be paid using net banking/ debit card/ credit card/ e-challan/ pay-in-slip payable any bank .
- Download the bank template by clicking on the option mentioned.
- Now affix your passport sized photograph and signature along with left hand thumb impression
- Also copy the declaration
- Scan the filled template in the format given in the instructions
- Before submitting the application form, check that all the particulars are filled correctly or not.
- SC/ST candidates have to submit Community Certificate.
Note-The application fee for RRB NTPC Recruitment 2017 has not yet been declared. Once the notification is released by the authorities, we will update.
Selection of the candidates will be through a rigorous procedure. Moreover, the candidates have to go through certain steps before they can obtain the coveted post of a government job.
- Phase I examination
- Phase II examination
- Typing test
- Aptitude test
- Firstly, the candidates have to appear for the preliminary round. It will be conducted online.
- Then, the candidates who qualify the preliminary round will have to appear for the second phase
- Finally, those candidates who qualify the Online Test will get a call for the typing test.
- Then, Selected candidates will be called for aptitude test.
- Accordingly, those candidates who qualify will be called for recruitment to fill up the 18,000 vacancies in different posts.
Find the list of the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) official websites. Click Here
Knowing the exam pattern of the RRB NTPC Recruitment 2017 preliminary exam will help in the preparation. Here we are providing the exam question paper pattern based on the previous year exam. Further, this is the pattern for preliminary exam.
|Name of the topic||Number of question||Marks awarded|
Time provide for the exam: 90 minutes
Negative marking: 0.25 marks to be deducted for every wrong answer.
Admit card for RRB NTPC Recruitment 2017
Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the conducting body. Link for the same will be provided here. The date of exam is in November 2017. The admit cards will be available one or two weeks prior to the entrance exam. Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to sit for the exam. Also, preserve the admit card even after the exam. The admit card for the Mains exam will be released in a few weeks before it is scheduled to be conducted. (Date for Mains exam is Jan/Feb 2018)
Other Important Jobs Updates
|SBI Bank PO Jobs||SBI Clerk Jobs|
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for latest updates and information related to upcoming Government Jobs and Recruitment.