UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Notification: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the much-awaited UPSC CAPF Notification 2020 on 18th August 2020 as per the official calendar of UPSC. The UPSC will employ 209 qualifying applicants into the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) as Assistant Commandant (AC). Through this recruitment, the selected candidates will fill up the AC vacancies in BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, and ITBP branches of CAPF. The recruitment is conducted once in a year by UPSC.
The Online application for the UPSC CAPF 2020 is active from 18th August to 07th September 2020. Candidates can check the UPSC CAPF 2020 eligibility criteria, Steps to Apply Online, important dates, exam pattern, and other details below.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Notification Highlights
For the convenience of our readers, here’s a quick overview of the UPSC CAPF AC 2020 exam.
|Name of Exam||Combined Central Armed Police Forces Exam (CAPF exam) Assistant Accountant|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Recruitment of the Year||2020-21|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|UPSC CAPF Notification||18th August 2020|
|Stage of UPSC CAPF AC Exam||Four Stages|
|Exam Fees||Rs 200/-|
|Negative Marking||0.33 marks for objective type exam|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
UPSC CAPF AC Recruitment 2020 Notification
The UPSC CAPF AC Official Notification 2020 is released on 18th August 2020. The candidates will be able to apply online from 18th Aug to 7th September 2020.
Download Official Notification “EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.12/2020-CPF” Here. Notification CAPF 2020 August.
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandants 2020 Important Dates
Check important dates related to UPSC CAPF AC 2020 in the table below.
|UPSC CAPF 2020 Exam||Important dates|
|UPSC CAPF Notification Release||18th August 2020|
|Start date of online application||18th August 2020|
|Last date to apply online||07th September 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||November 2020 (tentative)|
|Exam Date||20 December 2020
|Release of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Vacancy
The post-wise vacancy distribution for UPSC CAPF 2020 is given below. The Examination will be held in accordance with the Rules for the published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 18th August, 2020. The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. The tentative Examination number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is as follows:
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies|
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandants Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who had arrived in India before 1 January 1962, intending to settle permanently in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with a permanent intention to settle in India.
Note: Applicants must have an Approval Certificate issued by the Govt. For Categories (b ) , ( c), (d), and (e) of India.
2. Educational Qualification
The candidates should hold a Bachelor Degree in any stream.
3. Age Limit
The candidates must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August 2020, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1995 and not later than 1st August 2000.
Age Relaxation is given below as per the category of the candidate.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|Defense Services Personnel disabled
in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECO/SSCO||5 years|
The application fee can be charged either in online or offline mode.
Applicants who opt for the “Pay by Cash” mode should print the Pay-in-Slip system created during Part-II registration and then deposit the fee on the next working day at the SBI Branch counter. “Pay-by-cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours on 07/09/2020, i.e. one day before the closing date; but applicants who created their Pay-in-Slip before it is deactivated will pay at the SBI Branch’s counter on the closing date during bank hours.
Please review the application fee for various categories below.
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 200/-|
How To Apply For UPSC CAPF AC 2020?
The candidates are advised to keep a current and active email Id and contact no during the UPSC CAPF Recruitment Process in order to receive all notifications relevant to it. The steps to apply for the UPSC CAPF 2020 Exam online will consist of two phases: Registration Login The steps for applying online are set out below.
- Click on the official website link given on the page in the highlight table.
- Click the Apply connexion provided on the website. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in the application window.
- Provide personal credentials such as name, name of parents, date of birth, email I d, mobile number and so on.
- To complete the online registration form click on the submit button.
- After registration, your mobile no. and email I d will receive a Registration ID and a password.
Part-I Filling of the form
- Log in with the Registration ID, date of birth and password provided to complete UPSC CAPF AC 2020 registration.
- Upload the photograph and signature.
- The candidates will then be required to verify the details. Preview and verify the application form carefully.
- Lastly, pay the required application fee online.
- For future use take a print out of the application form.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Selection Process
The candidates will be selected through the four Exam phases that follow:
- The written examination to be carried out by the Commission on Public Service of the Union will take place on 20 December 2020 and will consist of two papers. Paper, from 10 a.m. I’ll be holding From 2 p.m. till 12.00 noon and Paper-II. To 5 p.m.
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview/Personality Test
- Final Selection / Merit
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commanders Exam Pattern
The UPSC CAPF 2020 Assistant Commanders’ Examination pattern is given below:
- The written examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission will be held on 20th December 2020 and will comprise two papers. Paper, I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper, I will be the General Ability and Intelligence of 250 Marks
- Paper-II will be General Studies, Essay and Comprehension of 200 Marks
- In Paper II the candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
|Paper-I (10am-12pm)||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective type; 250 marks|
|Paper-II (2 pm- 5 pm)||General Studies, Essay and
|Subjective type; 200 marks|
Physical Efficiency Test
Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. The Physical Efficiency Test Criteria are given below.
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||NA|
Candidates who are considered eligible in the Medical Criteria Tests will be called upon by the Union Public Service Commission to administer the interview / personality examination. Candidates who are found medically unfit but permitted to appear on their appeal by the Appellate Authority before the “Review Medical Board” will be summoned for interview / personality tests provisionally.The Interview/Personality Test will be of 150 Marks.
Candidates check the list of examination centres set out in the table below.
UPSC Assistant Commandant (AC) Admit Card 2020
Admit card or certificate of E-admission will be given to an applicant 3 weeks before the start of the test. The candidates will require their RID (Registration ID) and date of birth or roll number and date of birth or name, father’s name, and date of birth to download the admit card. The following are the details required to download .
|For Registration Id||For Roll Number|
|Registration date of Birth
|Roll Number Date Of Birth
About CAPF Assistant Commandant (AC) Exam
The full form of CAPF is the Central Armed Police Force. CAPF is the unified name of the seven Indian security forces under the authority of the Home Affairs Ministry. The Seven Security Forces are as follows:
- CRPF-The full form of the CRPF is the Federal Reserve Police Force
- BSF– BSF stands for Border Security Force
- ITBP– is known as Indo-Tibetian Border Police Force
- SSB– full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal
- NSG– NSG full form is National Security Guard
- CISF- full form of CISF is Central Industrial Security Forces
- AR- AR stands for Assam Rifles
The CAPF is mandated to allow the Government of India to maintain public order, legal rules and regulations and internal security in an effective and efficient manner. It is tasked with preserving honesty, fostering social harmony and national development by putting service and loyalty above self.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Answer Key will be available online at the UPSC official website. To download UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant (AC) 2020 Answer, candidates have to visit the website and just download the answer key given in PDF format.
UPSC Assistant Commandant (AC) Result
UPSC CAPF 2020 Result will be declared in the UPSC official website, upsc.gov.in. The results are prepared in the form of a merit list. Names of only those candidates will be on the list who have qualified the minimum qualifying marks.