SPSU Udaipur stands for Sir Padampat Singhania University located in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The University was established in the year 2007 by JK Cement group of companies. The university gets its name after the founder of J K Organisation. SPSU, Udaipur comprises of two constituent schools- School of Engineering and the School of Management. The University offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral courses for the students. SPSU University has been ranked as one of the top universities in the country. The University is well known for its Academic collaboration with -
- Chiba University of Commerce, Japan
- The University of Nebraska, Omaha, USA
- Lincoln University, USA
Important Note: Selection for admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes will be determined on the basis of the University entrance exam/ Qualifying exam & PI.
SPSU Udaipur Admission 2020 Highlights
The table below gives brief information of SPSU Udaipur-
|Name of the University||Sir Padampat Singhania University|
|Commonly Known as||SPSU Udaipur|
|Courses offered||B.Tech/BE, M.Tech/ME, BBA/MBA and PhD|
|Mode of Admission||through SPSAT|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
The eligibility for these courses may differ. Students are required to go through the eligibility details before applying for the desired course. Find out more about courses and fees
- Sir Padampat Singhania University has announced SPSAT admission date i.e. 20 June 2020.
SPSU Udaipur Admission 2020 Engineering courses
Candidates can go through the courses under Engineering with eligibility and selection criteria:
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility criteria||Selection Procedure|
|B.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering||passed in 10+2 with science stream with an aggregate mark of 60%|
SPSAT/Qualifying Exam & PI
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|M.Tech||Biotechnology||Bachelor's Degree in Biotechnology or equivalent/ M.Sc in Biotechnology/ Biology/ Zoology/ Botany/ Microbiology/Biochemistry/Life Sciences from a recognised University.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/ Production Engineering or equivalent from a recognised university|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Equivalent/MSc in Electronics/Physics.|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Bachelor's degree in computer science and Engineering or ECE/equivalent/ M.Sc in Electronics or CS/ Physics or Mathematics/ M.C.A( full time)|
|MCA||Computer Application||Bachelors's degree of minimum 3 years with mathematics in class 12 or at graduation level and an aggregate marks of 50% in the qualifying degree examination.|
|MCA(Lateral entry)|| ||Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years in BCA, B.Sc in (Information Technology/ Computer Science) with Mathematics in class 12 or at Graduation and obtain a minimum mark of 50% in Qualifying exams.|
|PhD||Biotechnology||Post-graduate degree preferably(in|
the discipline/subject concerned) from a
recognized university with 55% marks.
|Admission is done on the basis of SPSAT|
|Computer science and Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication|
Candidates can go through the below-given list of specializations under each course-
1. Computer Science and Engineering(CSE)-
- Cloud Technology and Information security
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning
2. Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE)-
- Internet of Things(IoT)/ Internet of Everything (IoE)
3. Mechanical Engineering(ME)-
- Rail Transportation
- Automation and Robotics
Note: SPSU is the only university in India which offers Mechanical University with specialization in Rail Transport.
SPSU Udaipur Admission 2020 Management Courses
Candidates must check the SPSAT Exam Pattern before appearing in the exam. SPSU offers the following specializations under Management programme-
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection mode|
|BBA||Bachelor in Business Administration||Pass in 10+2 in Science/Arts/Commerce from a recognised board with 60% marks or above.||SPSAT 2020 /Qualifying Exam and PI|
|BCom||Bachelor of Commerce||Pass in 10+2 in Science/Arts/Commerce from a recognised board|
|MBA||Finance||Graduate in any discipline with 60% and above.||SPSAT/Qualifying Exam and Personal Interview|
|Doctoral Degree Programme||Finance/ Marketing/ Human Resource/ Information Technology||Post-graduate degree (preferably in|
management subjects) from any
recognized university with 55% marks.
It is mandatory to take the entrance exam to take admission in any of the above courses provided by Sir Padampat Singhania University Udaipur.
SPSU Udaipur Admission 2020 International Collaborations
SPSU Udaipur provides a unique learning experience and exposure to study abroad with renowned universities collaborated with itself. These are-
1. SPSU University in collaboration with Lincoln University, Oakland offers a unique opportunity to the SPSU graduates for the programmes (BBA / B. Tech) for direct admission to the Lincoln University MBA Programme without appearing for IELTS or GMAT.
- B. Tech + MBA degree adds strategic and qualitative skills to the already existing technical skills of an engineer thus making him/her an asset for a prospective employer.
- B. Tech and MBA degree will prepare the individual for top-notch managerial posts in the industry.
- Job opportunities for them abound in infrastructure, product development,
industrial design, automation, software and research projects.
- Some common job profiles are program managers, product managers, supervisors, business analysts, technical analysts, consultants and senior associates in the field of sales, marketing, IT, HR, Finance and customer service management.
2. The academic collaboration between SPSU and University of Nebraska, Omaha, enables the SPSU students to pursue Integrated 5 years (3+2) M. Tech Programme at the University of Nebraska, Omaha, USA.
- B.Tech. students of SPSU also get the opportunity to study one full semester at UNO, Omaha during their 4 years course of study.
SPSU Udaipur Admission 2020 Application Process
Students willing to apply for the SPSU Udaipur will have to fill the application form and appear for Sri Padampat Singhania Admission Test(SPSAT). The exam is held multiple times in a year but candidates can appear for a maximum two times. Candidates can follow the below-given instructions to proceed with Application Process-
- The University has given the privilege of writing SPSAT entrance examination from home.
- The Application Form can be filled from the month of June 2020.
- The exam can be taken within 10 days after filing the application Form.
- To whatever course the candidate is applying for, they must go through the eligibility criteria and apply accordingly.
- SPSAT entrance exam is of 45minutes which comprises of 40 questions.
- There is no negative marking in the paper.
- Since the exam can be taken from home, there is no requirement for Admit Card or Hall ticket. The University does not release any admission ticket.
- The syllabus for SPSAT is different for different courses opted by the applicant. The candidates must check the syllabus accordingly.
- The Result of SPSAT will be sent to the candidate through email registered during filling of application in 2-3 days after the exam.
- Candidates then have to appear for counselling process if they wish to take admission in the University.
How to apply for SPSAT 2020?
Candidates can follow the below-given instructions to apply for the Application form of SPSAT 2020
- Visit the official website of SPS University, that is, www.spsu.ac.in.
- Go to the admission link and click on Admission Test
- A new page will open, where the candidate has to click on Apply online.
- Now the candidates will be redirected to a new webpage which will give options to either select the option- Undergraduate or Postgraduate exam.
- After clicking on the required link, further options for filling the application form for different courses will open.
- Candidates have to select the course he/she is willing to get admission into.
- Then they will have to register and create an account and fill the details as asked.
- After filling the information, candidates have to submit the Application Fee after which they will receive a confirmation email in their mail Ids.
- Candidates satisfied with their results can go for counselling. If not they can apply for a second time with an extra payment of Rs. 150/- by using their credentials.
SPSU Udaipur Admission 2020 Counselling Process
- The Counselling will start soon after the candidates take the exam. candidates can check important information related to counselling-
- Due to the limited popularity of university, the cut-offs are not high and candidates who want to take admission should arrive at the university for counselling at the earliest date possible as sometimes admission is also provided on first come first serve basis.
- Candidates should not forget to carry these documents along with them while going for counselling process:
- Printout of SPSAT 2020 Result.
- Detailed Marks Certificate of Class 10 and 12.
- Detailed Marks Certificate of Graduation and Post Graduation (if applicable).
- Passport sized pictures of the candidate.
- Legal documents such as Income Prof, Caste or Category certificate etc.
Note: Some part of the total fee is required to be deposited at the time of counselling for booking the seat, therefore, a sum of around INR 60000 is advised to be carried along.
Why Sir Padampat Singhania University?
SPSU Udaipur not only excels in the field of Education but also facilitates the best possibilities for the students. Below given is an overview of the University's collaborations and Admission benefits:
- International Summer Industrial Training Programme at JK Cement Plant, Fujairah (UAE).
- International Summer Industrial Training Programme at Hitachi Rail Systems, Japan
- Opt to study abroad at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA, Chiba University of Commerce, Japan, Lincoln University at Oakland, USA.
- Opportunity to get direct admission in MBA program at Lincoln University, USA
- Centre of Excellence and Instructor Training Centre by CISCO
- Reliance JIO centre of Excellence.
- Preparation for competitive exams such as GATE, PSUs and many other activities
- Scholarship for meritorious students