All India Online Aptitude Test which is abbreviated as AIOAT is conducted once a year by the Rehabilitation Council of India(RCI). Admission to diploma-level courses in special education (HI / MR / VI / ASD / CP / MD / DB) will be offered based on the qualifying exam score. Candidates must have passed class 12 to be eligible for the AIOAT admission test. It is a national-level entrance test that is conducted once every year. Candidates can check all the vital information regarding AIOAT 2023 such as its Application form, Eligibility criteria, Exam pattern, and syllabus from this article. Read the complete article for the complete information.
AIOAT 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the AIOAT 2023 Exam status from the below table:
All India Online Aptitude Test
|Official notification released|
AIOAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can note all the important dates given below.
AIOAT 2023 Schedule (Tentative)
|Opening of Online Registration Portal||22 June 2023|
|Closing of Online Registration Portal||31 July 2023|
|AIOAT admit card||25 August 2023|
|AIOAT exam date||04 September 2023|
|Release of National Merit List along with the waiting list||To be notified soon|
|1st Round Admission||October 2023|
|2nd Round Admission||October 2023|
|3rd Round Admission||October 2023|
|Release of Final List of Provisionally admitted candidates||October 2023|
|Commencement of Classes||November 2023|
What is AIOAT ?
The All India Online Aptitude Test (AIOAT) is an online test that assesses a candidate’s aptitude, knowledge, and skills related to the topics tested in the entrance examination. This test provides insight into a candidate’s ability to recall information and make decisions in higher-level situations. The AIOAT also helps educators to identify areas of strength and weaknesses in students as well as compare their performance with national/international standards.
AIOAT 2023 Application Form
Rehabilitation Council of India will release AIOAT 2023 application form online mode. Interested candidates first have to register/before filling out the application form. Candidates can check all the important information related to the AIOAT application form from the below-given points:
- Successfully registered candidates are advised to keep all-important educational qualification documents and other documents ready for the further registration process.
- AIOAT application form is to be filled in the English language only.
- In AIOAT application form, candidates have to enter all necessary details in it such as personal detail, educational detail, course-related details, parents’ details, contact details, and many more.
- Candidates must check all the information they are filling in the application form.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the registration form to the office of RCI.
- After entering all the details, candidates have to upload some required documents in the application form as asked by the authority.
- The registration fee of Rs 500/- (for the general category) and Rs 400/- (for SC/ST/PwD candidates) is to be paid.
- Once the application fee is paid, candidates can not make changes to the registration form.
- At least, the candidate has to submit the application form and take the print of the same.
AIOAT 2023 Application Fee
After filling out the application form successfully, candidates have to submit the application form. All the applicants have to pay the application fee before the last date to get successfully registered for the exam. Candidates can check the expected Application Fee/Registration Fee below:
AIOAT Registration Fee
|Category||AIOAT application fee|
|General and OBC category candidates||Rs 500|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can submit the payment via the following online gateways:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
- The amount of the Application Fee/Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- Appearing Candidates are advised to take a printout of the payment confirmation receipt page, once the application fee/registration fee is successfully paid.
Document required to fill AIOAT 2023 Application form
At the time of filling the AIOAT application form, candidates must need the following documents to fill mandatory fields in the form:
- Valid Mobile and Email ID
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Scanned copy of a photograph and signature
- Debit/Credit card or net banking details for registration fee payment
AIOAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the AIOAT Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam from the below-given points:
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed class 12 or equivalent exam from any recognized board or university in any stream.
- Marks: Candidates appearing for the exam must have scored more than 50% marks in the qualifying examination. While candidates from SC/ST/PWD/OBC category will be given a relaxation of 5% marks i.e minimum marks for such candidate is 45% in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing applicants: Candidates appearing in the class 12 exam this year can also apply for the AIOAT ( All India Online Aptitude Test) exam.
AIOAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check some important points regarding the AIOAT Exam Pattern 2023 below:
- Mode of exam: Online mode
- Duration: 120 minutes i.e 2 hours
- Total number of questions: 100 questions
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: One (01) mark for each correct answer. No negative marking.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions of all the sections from the table given below:
AIOAT Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of questions|
AIOAT 2023 Syllabus
Candidates must note that the AIOAT Exam Syllabus generally includes topics from the high school level. AIOAT is a computer-based online test in which candidates have to attempt 100 multiple choice questions of one mark each in 120 minutes. The syllabus consists of the following four sections:
- General Awareness.
Each section consists of 25 questions. The syllabus of the AIOAT entrance exam is generally based on the CBSE class IX syllabus and the CBSE class X syllabus.
AIOAT 2023 Admit Card/Hall Tickets
RCI will issue AIOAT admit cards/Hall Tickets only for candidates who have successfully filled the application form along with the payment of the registration fee.
- Candidates can obtain the admit card online only. Authority will not send the AIOAT Hall ticket/Admit Card via post or any other method.
- Candidates have to log in at the RCI official website using their application number, DOB, and email id provided at the time of registration.
- Applicants will have to carry the printout of the BSTC admit card on the day of the examination.
Details on the AIOAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can check the following information on the AIOAT admit card.
- Candidate’s name
- Application number
- Roll number
- Date of Birth
- Candidate's category
- Exam center address
- Exam center name
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Reporting Time
- Gate Closing Time
- Other exam day important details
- General instructions regarding the AIOAT exam
AIOAT 2023 Result
Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
will release the All India Online Aptitude Test (AIOAT)
result online at the official website, rehab council.nic.in.
- The result has been released in the form of a scorecard that contains the candidate’s marks on the test.
- Candidates have to enter their application number and date of birth for checking their results.
- Once the scorecard is released, a national merit list is published by the authority which contains the candidate's rank.
- Candidates can take admission in the diploma courses in special education (HI / MR / VI / ASD / CP / MD / DB) based on their rank on the All India Online Aptitude Test(AIOAT).
AIOAT 2023 Merit List and Cut Off
After the release of the result, the Council will release the National merit list which contains the rank of the candidates. Based on candidates' all India qualifying merit list, admission in courses and institutes is provided. In 2020, candidates with a score of 38 marks or more in aggregate were offered admission in the first round of admission. Candidates with a score of 30 or more were offered admission in the second round of admission. The admission is offered rank-wise i.e the candidate with a higher score will be given more preference over the one who has scored lesser in the online aptitude test..
List of AIOAT Diploma Courses
Candidates appearing for the Online Aptitude Test can get the complete list of diploma courses provided after qualifying AIOAT entrance test from the table given below:
AIOAT Diploma Courses
|Diploma in Community Based Rehabilitation||DCBR|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Special Education (Hearing Impairment)||DECSE_HI|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Special Education (Mental Retardation)||DECSE_MR|
|D.Ed. Special Education (Autism Spectrum Disorders)||DSE_ASD|
|D.Ed. Special Education (Cerebral Palsy)||DES_CP|
|D.Ed. Special Education (Deafblind)||DSE_DB|
|D.Ed. Special Education (Hearing Impairment)||DSE_HI|
|D.Ed. Special Education (Multiple Disabilities)||DSE_MD|
|D.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation)||DSE_MR|
|D.Ed. Special Education (Visual Impairment)||DSE_VI|
|Diploma in Hearing Aid Repair and Ear Mould Technology||DHAREMT|
|Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech||DHLS|
|Diploma in Indian Sign Language Interpretation||DISLI|
|Diploma in Prosthetics & Orthotics||DPO|
|Diploma in Rehabilitation Therapy||DRT|
|Diploma in Vocational Rehabilitation (Mental Retardation)||DVR_MR|
|Diploma in Computer Education (Visual Impairment)||DCE_VI|
AIOAT 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the AIOAT Highlights from the table given below:
AIOAT 2023 Short Details
|Exam Name||All India online aptitude test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|AIOAT Official Website||http://www.rehabcouncil.nic.in/|
|Conducting Authority||Rehabilitation Council of India|
About Rehabilitation Council of India
The Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) was set up in 1986. The RCI Act was enacted by the parliament in September 1992 and became a Statutory Body on 22 June 1993. The RCI mainly focuses to regulate the policies and services given to persons with disabilities. The focus of the council is to regulate training programs targeted at disabled, disadvantaged, and special education requirement communities. The Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) is the apex government body, established under an Act of Parliament, for regulating training programs and courses targeted at disabled, disadvantaged, and special education requirement communities. In 2000, the Rehabilitation Council of India (Amendment) Act, 2000, was introduced and notified consequently by the Indian government.