NCTE ITEP 2023 will be conducted in August (tentatively) by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). It is also known as NCTE Integrated Teacher Education Programme 2023. It is conducted annually at the national level. This is a four-year integrated program with the purpose of training and preparing teachers at a professional level. The Integrated Teacher Education Programme comprises general studies which include Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences and Humanities along with pedagogy of school subjects for practical and theoretical knowledge. Candidates can check further information like the Application form, Admission procedure, etc of NCTE ITEP 2023 through the below article.
NTA announces NCET 2023 dates for ITEP admission; schedule, exam pattern, syllabus
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the schedule for the National Common Entrance Test (NCET) 2023, which is conducted for admission to the 4-year Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) in educational institutions.
- NCET 2023 registration has begun on the official website, ncet.samarth.ac.in, and the last date to register is July 19.
- The exam will be conducted in 178 cities and in 13 different mediums across India in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode for the Academic Session 2023-24.
- The NCET 2023 question paper will consist of a total of 160 multiple-choice questions divided into four sections.
- Section 1 will focus on languages, Section 2 will cover domain-specific subjects, Section 3 will include a general test, and Section 4 will assess teaching aptitude.
- The exam will be conducted in two shifts on multiple days to accommodate the large number of candidates.
- NCET 2023 will be conducted in 13 different languages, including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- Eligible candidates can apply for NCET 2023 on the official website, and it is important to complete the registration process before the deadline of July 19.
- The NCET exam provides aspiring teachers with an opportunity to pursue a 4-year Integrated Teacher Education Programme and embark on a career in education.
- Candidates are advised to carefully review the exam pattern, syllabus, and other relevant details provided on the official website to prepare effectively for the NCET 2023 examination.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check NCTE ITEP status from below:
No official notification has been released by the conducting authority.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Exam Dates
Following are the important dates related to NCTE ITEP 2023.
NTA NCTE Schedule 2023
Online submission of application form
June 26 to July 19
Last date of successful transaction of fee through credit, debit card, net-banking, UPI
July 19 up to 11:50 pm
Correction in particulars
July 20 to July 21
Downloading of admit cards
3 days before the exam
Date of examination
To be announced
NCTE ITEP 2023 Application Form
Below are some steps involved in the filling of NCTE Integrated Teachers Education Programme 2023 Application Form-
- NCTE ITEP 2023 application form is expected to be available from the first week of October.
- The application form will be available online mode.
- Applicants need to fill in their personal details and educational/qualification details in the application form.
- Applicant must check all the information filled in the application form before submitting it.
- The authority will provide no correction facility; hence it is necessary to fill the form carefully.
- After submitting the application form, a filled-in application form will be generated containing the details given by the candidate.
- There will be no need to send any hardcopy of the application form by post or offline mode to the authorities.
- Candidate must take a print out of the application form and keep it safe for future correspondence.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Below are some eligibility of ITEP 2023, candidates must go through, before filling the application form-
- Candidate must have a formal education from a 'school' with at least 50% marks in senior secondary or plus two examinations or its equivalent are eligible for admission in four years integrated teacher education programme.
- The relaxation on the percentage of marks in senior secondary or plus two examinations or its equivalent examination shall be as per the rules of the Central Government or State Government or Union Territory Administration, whichever is applicable.
- These rules will also be applicable for various reserved categories like Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Class or Persons With Disabilities and other categories.
NCET 2023 Syllabus
NTA further provided the list of languages, subjects, and general test along with the list of central universities, state universities, IITs, NITs, RIEs, and government colleges.
In October 2021, the Ministry of Education notified the 4-year ITEP degree offering BA BEd, BSc BEd and BCom BEd replacing the 5-year BELEd course.
|Language||Language to be tested through reading comprehension, literary aptitude, and vocabulary|
|Domain Subject||As per Class 12 syllabus only|
|General Test||General Knowledge, current affairs, general mental ability, numerical ability, quantitative reasoning, logical and analytical reasoning|
NCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Section in exam
Number of questions
Section 1 (33 languages)
Section 2 (26 subjects)
Domain specific subject 1
Domain specific subject 2
Domain specific subject 3
NCTE ITEP 2023 Result
Candidates can check the NCTE ITEP exam 2023 result through the below points-
- Results of the Integrated Teacher Education will be announced by the examination conducting body of the University or the Institute who will be offering this course for 4 years.
- As per the notification released by NCTE(National Council for Teachers Education), the university who offers the course should have arts unit, social unit or both unit in it.
- Each unit will be provided with 50 seats and the procedure of the admission will be as per the guidelines of the university.
- The Result will be available as per the dates announced on the official website of the Institute for which the candidate will be applying.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Merit List
Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) will publish the merit list for the candidates who will fulfill the eligibility requirements and fill the form. Merit list will be based on the marks of 12th, 10th and graduation percentage obtaining by the candidates. After the merit list candidate gets the colleges according to their counseling status
NCTE ITEP 2023 Counselling
The candidates can check NCTE ITEP counseling 2023 below in the given points:
- After the successful application process candidate will get the registration Id.
- Those who will full the admission eligibility will be called for counseling.
- The candidate can log in with the registration Id for the counseling.
- Counseling will be based on the merit list.
- Candidate can get details for counseling from here when NCTE release the notification for the ITEP counseling 2023 details.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Admission Procedure
With the introduction of the Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE), the criteria, as well as the procedure of the admission, has also changed
- Admission will be based on the merit list, considering marks obtained at Senior Secondary level or on 12th marks or the marks obtained in the entrance examination.
- Candidates are also selected based on any other selection process as per the policy of the University or State Government or Union Territory Administration.
- At the time of admission to the program, the candidate must indicate the subject in which he or she proposes to take the B. A or B.Sc Degree. Admissions shall be based on the order of merit and availability of seats. Any change in the choice of subjects shall be made within one month from the date of commencement of the program.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Admission Fee
The institution will charge only such fee as may be prescribed by the affiliating body or State Government or concerned Universities following provisions of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) (Guidelines for the regulation of tuition fees and other fees chargeable by unaided teacher education institutions) Regulations, 2002 and shall not charge donations, capitation fee, etc. from the students.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Seat Intake
Candidate must go through the rules ITEP 2023 of seat intake for various categories-
- The basic unit will comprise 50 students each in the program.
- The institution shall be permitted to opt for units of either Arts stream or Science stream, or both, in case the institution is eligible for more than one unit.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Duration and Working Days
Duration and working days for Integrated Teacher Education Programme 2023 are described through the below points-
Duration for Integrated Teachers Education Programme -
- The ITEP(science and arts stream) shall be of four academic years comprising of eight semesters including the internship.
- Any student-teacher unable to complete any semester shall be permitted to complete the program within a maximum period of six years from the date of admission.
Working days for Integrated Teachers Education Programme-
- In a semester there will be at least 125 working days and a minimum of 840 working hours.
- Total working hours shall be a minimum of 40 hours to be spread over one week.
- A minimum attendance of students and teachers have to be eighty per cent in all courses and ninety per cent in field-based experience or school internship or teaching practice.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Curriculum
The purpose behind the introduction of the Integrated Teacher Education Programme is to train the aspirants who are planning on pursuing their careers in teaching.
- They must be aware of the method through which they can make teaching much more enriching and the bonding with the students can increase.
- The curriculum of ITEP 2020-21 will include such ways in theory as well as in Practical.
- The candidates who are planning to appear in this program will have to make themselves aware of the defined curriculum.
- The guidelines will be as per NCTE, knowing the curriculum will make the candidate prepared for 4 years course.
NCTE ITEP 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the highlights of NCTE ITEP 2023 through the below table-
|Exam Name||NCTE ITEP 2023|
|Conducting body||National Council for Teacher Education|
|Course||Four years of integrated teaching program|
|NCTE ITEP Official website||http://ncte.gov.in|
|Application Link||Releasing Soon|
|Exam purpose||Training and preparing teachers at a professional level|
About NCTE Integrated Teacher Education Programme(NCTE ITEP)
The National Council for Teacher Education, in its previous status since 1973, was an advisory body for the Central and State Governments on all matters about teacher education, with its Secretariat in the Department of Teacher Education of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).