USET Syllabus 2020 will be released at the official University website. It contains the details of the subjects and topics from which the question paper is asked. Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test 2020 has three papers where the syllabus of the first paper is common while the second and third paper is subject-specific. This exam is organised for total 27 subjects. Candidates are able to choose the subject of choice while filling the application form of USET 2020. Below article will tell detailed USET 2020 Syllabus.
USET Syllabus 2020
There are three papers in the USET 2020 exam. Paper-1 is based on generic questions with the focus to test the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. Whereas the syllabus of Paper-2 & 3 is subject-specific and hence the question paper is based on the preferred subject selected by the candidate. The competent authority will upload the Uttarakhand SET syllabus at its official website along with the information brochure.
USET Syllabus 2020(Paper-1)
Paper-1 syllabus is common in nature and applies to all candidates regardless of subject selection. The entire paper is based on teaching and research capabilities. Check out the indicative syllabus below.
I. Teaching Aptitude
- Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements of teaching
- Evaluation systems
- Learners characteristics
- Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of teaching & teaching aids
II. Research Aptitude
- Meaning, characteristics and types of research
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
- Thesis writing
- Steps of research
- Methods of research
- Research ethics
III. Reading Comprehension
- Questions asked from a single passage in the question paper
- Effective classroom communication
V. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series
- Letter series
VI. Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning logical diagrams
VII. Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data
VIII. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses
- General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of Internet and e-mail.
IX. People and Environment
- People and environment interaction
- The exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life
X. Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
- Structure of institutions for higher learning and research in India
- Formal and distance education
- Polity and administration
- Professional/technical and general education
- Institutions and their interactions.
- Value education
USET Syllabus 2020 of Paper-2 & 3
Paper 2 and 3 are based on the preferred subject of selection by the candidate. The University conducts the exam in 27 different subjects.
Subject List for USET 2020
The candidates are allowed to apply for only one subject from the below-provided list. The questions asked in the paper will be in English or Hindi language. Candidates can answer in one of these languages. However, in respect of Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Life Science, Earth & Atmospheric Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science, and Applications question papers are available in English only.
|06||Political Science||20||Life science|
|11||Physical Education||25||Visual Art|
|13||Defence and Strategic studies||27||Library and|
|14||Music|| || |
USET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates must start early preparations for the exam to ensure that they cover the entire syllabus before the exam. Besides, acquiring good learning resources is very important to fetch good marks. We have provided some important tips and strategies to pursue preparations for the USET exam.
- Make a study plan & allocate dedicated study timing to each subject/topic to study.
- Candidates can make a note in their own language to memorise the topics easily.
- Get previous year papers, question banks, solved papers, mock tests and utilize them in preparation strategy.
- Aspirants must make a daily revision.
- Solve mock tests to increase the number of good attempts and improve time management during the exam.
USET 2020 Admit Card
The Kumaun University will release the USET admit card/hall ticket on its official website for those who will submit the application form successfully.