USET Eligibility Criteria 2023 will be released by the Kumaun University, Nainital on its official website along with the prospectus. All aspirants can start applying online once the form will be released. The University sets specific minimum eligibility criteria for applicants to apply for Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test. The eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidate if they wish to apply for the exam. Only those who meet the eligibility norms until the final document verification stage will only be awarded the USET certificate. On the other hand, those who don’t are liable to get their candidature canceled at any stage. Go through the complete article to know more about USET 2023 Eligibility Requirements.
USET Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidates are advised to ensure USET eligibility criteria before filling the online application form as the fee once submitted will not be refunded also the form will not be accepted. Check the minimum eligibility requirements below:
Age Limit for USET 2023
As far as the basic conditions of eligibility are concerned, the age of the candidate is the first to strike the mind of applicants. However there is no age limitation hence, candidates of any age can apply for the USET 2023 exam
. However, age is just one aspect that is exempted as an eligibility condition to appear in USET. Candidates must fulfill other conditions to apply for the exam.
Requirements of Educational Qualifications for USET 2023
Applicants must match the minimum educational qualifications as specified by Kumaun University to apply for Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test 2023.
- Seeking aspirants must have obtained the Master’s Degree from UGC recognized University.
- The candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by an Indian University or Foreign University/Institute must produce an equivalent Degree/ Certificate/ Diploma issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) can also apply.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks for all unreserved categories [50% for the OBC (Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD (Persons with a disability) category candidates] at PG or equivalent level.
- Ph.D. degree holders will be liable to get a relaxation of 05% in aggregate marks (i.e. 50%) if their Master’s level exam was completed before 19 September 1991.
- Candidates who have appeared/will appear in the Master’s Degree exam or are awaiting the results are eligible to apply under specific provisions. They will be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor only if have passed their Master’s degree examination with at least 55% (50% for reserved category candidates) and produced the result not more than 02 years after the publication of USET 2023 results.
- The certificate of USET is only dispatched to candidates as described in the preceding point only after they have produced the results of their Master’s Degree exam.
- Candidates claiming for reservation based on categories such as SC/ST/OBC/PWD must possess a valid category certificate issued not more than one year ago.
Note - Applicants must note that his/her candidature can be canceled at any stage it is found that the eligibility of the candidate does not conform or that the information provided in the application form is false.
USET 2023 Application Form
The university will release the USET application form 2023
on its official website at the end of February 2023. Candidates must conform to the eligibility requirements before applying by payment of a fee. Candidates must have a functional email address and mobile number to register for the Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test.