CEED 2021 will be conducted in the third week of January 2021 through online CBT mode. Common Entrance Exam for Design is organized by IIT Bombay. CEED is a national level entrance test held for admission into M. Des & Ph.D course. Through CEED candidate’s aptitude for design is assessed and eligible candidates get admission into the renowned institutions – IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad, IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Bombay, etc. CEED score is valid for one year time period from the date of announcement of results. In this article, we have provided complete details related to CEED 2021 application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
CEED Important Dates 2020
Candidates can take a look at all the important dates below.
|Online Registration with Regular fees||09 September - 10 October 2020|
|Online registration with late fees||11 October - 17 October 2020|
|Date of Examination||17 January 2021|
|Release of Draft answer key Part A||21 January 2021|
|Release of Final answer key||31 January 2021|
|Declaration of Results||8 March 2021|
CEED 2021 Application Form
CEED 2021 Application Form will start in the first week of November 2020 (tentative). Candidates can check all the details given below about CEED Registration:
- The candidate who wants to appear for CEED 2021 can fill the Application Form which will be available on the official website (www.ceediitb.ac.in).
- The Application forms will be available online only, so the candidate will have to Download and Submit the Application form as there are no other ways of filling it.
- Candidates must fill all the required details carefully and upload the document as per the prescribed format.
- Applications will only be accepted once the payment has been made for the Application form.
- Candidates have to select three exam centres based on their preferences, at the time of registration.
- If the application form is incomplete in any respect, it will be summarily rejected and the registration will be considered invalid.
CEED 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the CEED application fee through online mode only by using Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking. The application fee varies for different sections of society. Candidates can check the fee structure for various categories given below in the table.
CEED Application Fee
|All women candidates||Rs. 1300/-|
|SC/ST/OBC candidates||Rs. 1300/-|
|All other candidates||Rs. 2600/-|
- The application fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Registration fee does not include service or other charges possess by the banks.
- Candidates who don’t pay the fee on time, for them the late fee is Rs. 500/-
CEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for the Common Entrance Exam for Design must fulfil the CEED 2021 eligibility before filling the application form. For that, candidates can check the eligibility criteria that are provided below:
- There is no age bar to appear for CEED.
Number of Attempts
- There is no attempt limit. A candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
- After 10+2 level, Candidates must have passed a degree/diploma/postgraduate degree of 3 years
- The candidate must be appearing for the final examination of degree/diploma/postgraduate programme by July 2020
- Candidate must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2020 otherwise, the candidate is not eligible to apply.
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern
There are a few changes introduced in the CEED 2020 exam pattern
this year. Candidates must go through the new paper pattern of CEED to understand the format and distribution of questions in the Common Entrance Exam for Design 2021.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted online as well as offline mode.
- Duration: The total duration of the exam will be about 180 minutes (3 hours). Time has to be managed by giving 01 hour to Section A and 02 hours to Section B.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks.
The CEED exam consists of two parts: Part A and Part B and the exam pattern are different for both the parts. The complete structure of the CEED examination for both the parts is given below:
For Part A – (Online)
CEED Paper Pattern for Part A
Number of Questions
Marks (if correct)
Marks (if Wrong)
Numerical Answer Questions (NAT)
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
NOTE: For the Answers of Part A, the candidate will have to enter it in the computer.
For Part B – (Offline)
CEED Paper Pattern for Part B
Number of Questions
NOTE: An answer book will be provided by the invigilator for Section B where the candidates will have to write the answer as in section B, questions will be displayed on the screen of the computer and candidates have to draw a sketch or drawing on the book provided by the invigilator.
CEED 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can prepare for the exam according to the CEED 2021 syllabus
which comprises the topics from both the parts. The topics given below must be carefully read:
For PART A - will have questions related to these topics:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Language and Creativity
- Design thinking and Problem-solving
- Observation and Design sensitivity
For PART B - will have questions related to the topics mentioned below:
- Communication skills
- Problem identification skills
CEED 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the CEED 2021 preparation tips given below to prepare for the exam accordingly:
- Candidates should be able to manage their time wisely to not get exhausted during their study time. A proper schedule should be made and followed.
- Sketching, practising and improving designing skills, solving papers and improving the quality of logical reasoning should be part of the timetable.
- Candidates must be fluent with the syllabus and should try to solve all past years question papers so that they know the pattern of questions asked. They can find the Question Papers on the official website of CEED.
CEED 2021 Admit Card
CEED 2020 Admit Card is available online on the official website from last week of December 2021. Check all the details about CEED Hall Ticket:
- Correction in the CEED 2020 Admit Card, if any, can be done.
- Candidates will have to download the Admit Card online by visiting the official page and clicking on the ‘Download Admit Card 2021’ button.
- The candidate will have to enter the registered Email address and Password to download the admit card.
- Applicants will have to take a print out of the Admit Card and keep it with them as they will not be provided with any hard copy of the Admit card by the Examination Department.
- The applicants must bring the print out of the Admit Card comprising of their passport size photograph on the day of examination.
- In case of any discrepancies found in Hall ticket, please contact the official authority at ([email protected]).
CEED 2021 Answer Key
CEED 2021 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key will be released on first week of January 2021. Check further details about the CEED Response Key below:
- The question paper and answer key for Part A can be downloaded from the official website of CEED.
- Applicants can challenge/ comment the answer key (if any discrepancy found) at [email protected]
- Candidates need to mention the "CEED Answer Key Comment" in the subject of the email.
- The final answer key for Part A will be released on 04 February 2020.
CEED 2021 Cut-off
IIT Bombay released the examination cut-off as per the category, Qualification score in Part 1 and CEED score. Candidates can check the below given table-
|Category||Part 1( Qualifying marks)||CEED (Qualifying score)|
CEED 2021 cut-off is the minimum marks that candidates need to secure in order to qualify the examination for admission in M.design admission.
CEED 2021 Results
CEED 2020 results will be uploaded online on first week of March 2021 on the official website of CEED. The CEED scorecard is valid for one year only from the date of declaration of result.
- Before the declaration of results, answer sheets will also be released on the official website. Candidates can check the released answer sheet.
- For checking the results, the Candidates will have to log in to CEED 2021 result portal using their registered email ID and password.
- No hard copy of the CEED 2021 results will be sent to the candidate by any other mode.
CEED 2021 Counselling
After the Results declaration, CEED 2021 counselling process will begin. Candidates who qualify the exam will be shortlisted for the counselling and can check the dates of counselling on the official portal.
- Every candidate must take their original and photocopies of mandatory documents such as scorecard, Admit Card, passport size coloured photographs, Class 10th and 12th mark sheet and certificates at the time of counselling.
- If any candidate fails to carry the required documents and certificates for counselling, they will not be considered eligible for admission. It is also important for the qualified candidates to download the call letter and bring it along with them while appearing for the Counselling.
- Counselling for CEED will include -
- Design Aptitude Test Screening
- Personal Interview
CEED 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates have to choose 3 cities of their choice of preference out of the 24 examination centres of CEED 2021 at the time of registration. Once the application form is submitted, request for a change of city will not be entertained by the IIT-B under any circumstances. The exam will be conducted in the following cities listed below:
List of Institutes accepting CEED 2021 scores for admission into M.Des and Ph.D programs:
Candidates can check the below-given table to know about the name of the colleges who will accept the CEED score.
CEED 2021 Participating Institutes
|Participating Institutes||Non-Participating Institutes (but accepting CEED Score)|
|IISc Bangalore||World University of Design, Delhi NCR|
|IIT Bombay||Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru|
|IIT Delhi||VIT University, Vellore|
|IIT Guwahati||DJ Academy of Design, Coimbatore|
|IIT Hyderabad||Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab|
|IIT Kanpur||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun|
|IIITDM Jabalpur||Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar|
CEED 2021 Highlights (Basic Information)
Check the details about the Common Entrance Exam for Design 2020 if given below:
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
Masters of Design (M. Des)
CEED Official website
To offers admissions in the Masters of Design (M. Des) programme and Ph.D programmes in Design
|Master of Design (MDes) programmes at|
IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur and IIITDM Jabalpur
|Ph.D programmes in Design at|
IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
About Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
This exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay was established in 1958. It has 20 multi-disciplinary centres, 15 departments, 1 school of excellence and 4 interdisciplinary programs under its jurisdiction. It had been ranked at 33rd position in the list of top 200 Universities in Asia from QS Asia Ranking and perspective.