IELTS 2021 or International English Language Testing System is conducted worldwide to test the English language of the candidate who wants to study or work in a country where English is the communication language. IELTS score is accepted by more than 10,000 organisations (universities, immigration departments, government agencies, professional bodies and multinational companies) worldwide. IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. This exam is held 04 times a month (Saturdays and Thursdays) via Paper-based and Computer-based modes. Read the whole article to know more about IELTS exam 2021.
ILETS 2021 Registration
The candidates who are seeking to apply for ILETS 2021 can get here ways to book for the same:
- Applicants can register themselves online on the official website of the British Council.
- The candidate must make sure to enter the number of an identity document (passport or national identity card) and attach a clear colour photocopy or scanned copy of it to the application
- The proof of identity must be valid at the time of registration and the same is to be carried on the test date.
- The details entered while booking must be complete and authentic in all sense.
- The name and date of birth must match the Identification Document presented at the test location.
- After booking an email will be sent which will have details of the start time of test and the venue address, Speaking test date and access codes to the free online preparation courses.
NOTE - Details of the test will be sent to the candidates 48 hours prior to the test date on the registered email address and mobile number.
ILETS 2021 Registration Fee
The candidates can check underneath IELTS 2021 Booking Fee (for Indians)
IELTS Booking Ammount
|Test Type ||Fee|
|Paper-based and Computer-delivered IELTS (Academic and General Training)||Rs 14,000|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||Rs 15,050|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||Rs 13,940|
Mode of Payment - Online via Debit or Credit Card
ILETS 2021 Test Format
There are two types of IELTS test: Academic and General Training. Here we have described the two:
- IELTS Academic - is for people who want to go for higher education or professional registration in an English-speaking environment.
- IELTS General Training test - is for those who are going to English speaking countries for secondary education, work experience or training programs. It is also needed if a candidate wants to migrate to Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK. The test focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts.
- Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests, but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing sections differs depending on which test you take.
IELTS Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam|
Paper or Computer-based test
- Listening (30 minutes)
- Reading (60 minutes)
- Writing (60 minutes)
- Speaking (11-14 minutes)
A variety of English accents are used
|Duration||02 hours 45 minutes|
|Marks Penalty||Examinees will lose marks if he/she do not write at least 150 words and 250 words for Task 1 and 2 respectively.|
|Scoring Pattern||9-band scoring system to measure and report test scores in a consistent manner.|
- The speaking test will be held either on the same day or 07 days before or two days after that, depending on local arrangements. This section is basically an interaction with a certified examiner.
Guidelines to be followed during ILETS Test
Those who will be appearing for the ILETS test will have to follow the below-given rules:
- Applicants will be allowed to have a pencil, eraser, pen and ID only.
- For any emergency during the test, like asking the question or going toilet, etc. aspirants need to put their hand up to attract the invigilator’s attention and don’t disturb other test takers.
- For taking the Listening test, check that the recording is clearly audible. If any issue raises your hand silently and informs the same invigilator.
- The examinee will be allowed to leave the room only with the invigilator's permission.
IELTS 2021 Test Locations in India
The candidates can take their IELTS exam in any of the following centres:
|North India ||South India ||East India||West India|
|Chandigarh / Zirakpur||Kochi||Nagpur|
IELTS 2021 Result
IELTS Results are issued by centres, usually 13 days after the paper-based test or 3–5 days for computer-delivered IELTS
- The examinees can view their result via online mode in IELTS Account.
- The Test Report Form will be issued in with the name as used on the identity document used at registration.
- British Council will not send the test report via offline mode individually to the examinees.
- The Result may get cancelled if any irregularity will be found.
- The result will be disclosed to the educational institutions, governments (including visa processing authorities), professional bodies and commercial organisations that recognise IELTS scores (“Recognising Organisations”) which will be nominated in the application or to which a candidate will apply, for the purpose of allowing those organisations to verify the result or to carry out any enquiries in relation to suspected malpractice.
IELTS 2021 Important Links
IELTS 2021 Highlights
The candidates can check important short details about ILETS Test below in the given table:
|Exam Name ||IELTS or International English Language Testing System|
|Conducting Body ||British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English|
|Level of exam||International level|
|Frequency||04 times a month (Saturdays and Thursdays) |
|Mode||Pen-Paper or Computer-based|
|IELTS Official website||https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/|