AURCET/APRCET 2020 will be conducted by the Andhra Pradesh University on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. AURCET/APRCET exam 2020 is a state-level examination which is organised to offer the admission to MPhil, Ph.D., and Extra Mural Research programs (both full time and part-time). The application form will be released only through the online mode on the official website. The Common Entrance Test examination will be an online CBT mode (Computer Based Test) exam. The candidate must fulfil all the eligibility criteria to apply for the application form. Candidates can read the complete article to know more about the AURCET/APRCET 2020.
APRCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important AURCET/APRCET 2020 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|Notification Release||To be Announced|
| Online application form Starts||To be Announced|
|Last date for submission||To be Announced|
|Last date for submission with late fee||To be Announced|
|Admit card Avialable||To be Announced|
|Exam date||To be Announced|
|Release of Answer Key||To be Announced|
|Last date to Challenge in the Answer key||To be Announced|
|Result Date||To be Announced|
APRCET 2020 Application Form
APRCET 2020 Application Form will be made available in September 2020 on their official website. The interested candidates can fill the form online on the official website. The process of applying for APRCET includes the following steps:
- A link will be provided here on the page in September 2020 to apply online for APRCET 2020.
- The candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their signature and photograph.
- The candidates must carefully check all the details they have filled in before the final submission of the Application Form.
- Candidates cant make the changes in their application form once filled.
- The candidates must also take a print out of the confirmation page and carefully keep it with them until the completion of the application process.
APRCET 2020 Application Fee
APRCET 2020 Registration Fee (Without late fee) as per the category of the candidate has given below:
Registration Fees for APRCET 2020
*Bank charges will be applied extra.
Modes of Payment - Fee can be paid through Online as well as Offline mode:
- Offline-Andhra Bank (Bill desk)
- Online-Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking
APRCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- Applicants can choose their criteria of eligibility according to the course they want to opt for. Candidates can apply for any of the following two types of courses:
- Full-Time Course
- Part-Time course
- Age criteria:
- There is no age limit to apply for APRCET 2020 exam.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Qualifying marks:
- The general category candidates must have a score of 55% in the qualifying exam and the reserved category candidates will get a 5% relaxation.
- Candidates who are eligible for the full-time course can also pursue the part-time course as well through the APRCET exam. Admission in the part-time course is based on the following criteria.
1. Candidates must be regular faculty working in Post-graduation centers or universities.
2. Faculty working in postgraduate and professional colleges must have completed a minimum of two years of service. However, this provision is not applicable to
(A) Faculty who are teaching Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Humanities in professional colleges or universities.
(B) Librarians/Faculty/Assistant Librarians working in any affiliated degree college or university.
(C) Faculty working in Polytechnic/Government or private junior colleges having completed a minimum of four years of service.
3. Technical employees working in research institutes having done at least of five years of service.
APRCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates can refer to the exam pattern given below and hence prepare accordingly for APRCET 2020 exam:
APRCET 2020 Paper Pattern
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Total Marks||180 + 20 for interview round|
Negative Marking of 1/6th for every incorrect answer
The question paper will consist of two parts:
PART A - 90 marks
PART B - 90 marks
Candidates are advised to solve previous year questions to know more about the level of questions asked in the exam.
APRCET 2020 Syllabus
Andhra Pradesh University conducts the AP Research Common Entrance test in various subjects. Candidate can check their subject from the following list. Detailed APRCET syllabus of each subject is listed below:
Teaching & Research Aptitude
PART B- Arts
- Adult Education
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
- Comparative Dravidian Literature
- Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Folk literature (Folklore)
- International and Area Studies
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Labour Welfare & HumanResource Management
- Library & information science
- Performing Arts Dance & Drama Theatre
- Physical Education
- Political science
- Population Studies
- Public Administration
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Studies
- Rural Development
- Social Work
- Tourism Administration and Management
- Women Studies
Part B- Sciences
- Applied Lifesciences
- Botany and Plant Sciences
- Chemical Science
- Computer Science & Applications
- Electronics & Instrumentation
- Environmental Science
- Home Science
- Material Science & Nanotechnology
- Meteorology, Space Technology, Atmospheric Sciences
- Ocean Sciences
- Physical Science
- Animal Sciences
PART B - Engineering, Pharmacy & Architecture
- Architecture And Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science And Information Technology Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Food TechnologyMechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. Babu Jagjivan Ram Studies
- Mahatma Jyothirao Phule Studies
APRCET 2020 Admit Card
- The candidates need to enter their Application Number and Date of Birth to download their APRCET 2020 hall ticket.
- If there is any discrepancy found in the AURCET Admit Card particulars, the candidate must immediately get in touch with the Official Authority to get it rectified.
- The candidates must have their admit cards on the exam day as candidates will not be allowed to enter inside without they admit card.
- The Admit Card will have personal details of the candidate, Roll Number, Date, and Venue of the exam.
- No query related to the hall ticket will be entertained on the day of examination.
APRCET 2020 Exam Centres
Andhra Pradesh University will conduct an exam at following APRCET 2020 Test Centres. Candidates must keep this list of Exam Centre in their mind for filling the application form:
Candidates can choose among these exam centers according to their convenience.
APRCET 2020 Answer key
The competent authority will release the answer key on the official website. The candidates will be able to challenge the answer key after paying some amount as per the authority. The applicants will have to submit the proof for challenging the answer key.
APRCET 2020 Result
The candidates could check the APRCET Results 2020 after the process of answer key challenge was done.
- The result/scorecard can be downloaded from the website of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
- The scorecard will have the details about the candidate's score in the entrance exam.
APRCET 2020 Selection Process
Candidates who want to appear in the AP Research Entrance exam admission, then they have to go through following procedures as per university norms-
- Written Exam
- Qualifying Marks
- Final List
Applicants have to perform better at each level as they can be disqualified at any level as per university norms.
APRCET 2020 Counselling
Candidates who qualify AP Research Common Entrance Test will be called for the interview by the Andhra Pradesh University admission cell department or such candidates have to attend AURCET web counseling 2020. In the interview, candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation in front of the members of the admission cell Committee. the conducted interview is of 20 marks. Interview Committee shall consist of three members; Head of the Department, Chairman, Board of Studies, and one Senior Faculty member from the Department selected by the Vice-Chancellor. The interview shall also consider the following aspects, whether:
- The candidate had completed the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably controlled at the Institution/College;
- The applicant's area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
Universities Accepting APRCET Score
Various Universities in Andhra Pradesh accept APRCET scores as their mandatory requirements. Some of the Universities are listed below:
|Name of the University|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur|
|Dr B.R. Ambedkar University, Srikakulam|
|Vikrama Simhapuri University, Nellore|
|Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapuramu|
|Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Dravidian University, Kuppam|
|Krishna University, Machilipatnam|
|Rayalaseema University, Kurnool|
|Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati|
|Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
|Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa|
|Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajamahendravaram|
Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Communication Engineering, Computer Sciences and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Zoology, Statistics, Physics, Microbiology, Mathematics, Geology, Food and Nutritional Sciences, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Aquaculture, Physical Education, Women’s Studies, Telugu, Social Work, Sociology, Sanskrit, Rural Development, Public Administration, Political Science, Mahayana Buddhist studies, M.B.A in Travel and Tourism Management, Legal Studies and Research, Human Resource Management, Archaeology, History, Hindi, English, Education, Economics, Business Administration and Commerce.
APRCET 2020 Highlights
Get the basic information about APRCET 2020 below in the table:
APRCET 2020 Highlights
Andhra Pradesh University
MPhil, Ph.D. and Extra Mural Research programs
APRCET Official website
To offer admission in MPhil, PhD, and Extra Mural Research programs in 14 universities of Andhra Pradesh state.
Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test
Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test which is also known as APRCET is a state-level qualifying entrance exam is Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council Of Higher Education) for admission into various specializations of M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses offered at 14 universities in Andhra Pradesh state.
Andhra University was constituted in the year 1926 by the Madras Act of 1926. The 86-year-old institution is fortunate to have Sir C.R. Reddy as its founder Vice-Chancellor, as the steps taken by this visionary proved to be fruitful in the long run.
Former President of India Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was one of its Vice-Chancellors who succeed Dr C. R. Reddy in 1931. The inaugural courses were Telugu language and literature, History, Economics and Politics. A year later, the College of Science and Technology came into being with Honours courses in Physics and Chemistry. The University pioneered in introducing many new courses in Science, Arts, Management and Engineering in the country.