IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Online registration will be released. Candidates can apply online on the website by entering their login credentials. Indra Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) B.Ed will be conducted by National Test Agency (NTA). It is a national-level entrance exam conducted twice a year to offer admissions to the candidates in the B.Ed programmes. Candidates must go through the whole article to get all the details regarding IGNOU B.Ed 2023 application form, fees, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, result, and so on.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Result 2023 declared at ignou.ac.in. Scroll Down the article to know more.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check IGNOU B.Ed status from below:
|Exam Status||Result Announced|
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 Important Dates
Following are the important dates related to IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023
IGNOU B.Ed Admission Test Dates 2023 (Tentative)
|Application start date|| Novermber 2023|
|Application last date|
|Admit card release date||January 2023|
|Exam date||January 2023|
|Declaration of Result||February 2023|
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
Candidates can fill the IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2023
which will be released by NTA. Check all the essential details regarding IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Registration form in the given mentioned points:
- Candidates can apply online mode on the official website of IGNOU.
- Candidates have to register themselves before filling the application form.
- Candidates have filled the application form carefully.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Candidates must take the printout of the application form.
- No change of category shall be considered by the candidate after the submission of the Entrance form.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances except the provision of refund of the admission fee.
IGNOU B.Ed Application Fees
- Candidates have to Rs. 600/- as IGNOU B.EdRegistration Fee through online mode.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make payment online mode by using Debit Card/Net Banking/Credit Card.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates secure at least 55% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Candidates must pass Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization
in Science and Mathematics
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC(Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules
The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed:
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- Download Frequently asked questions on ODL programs here.
Candidates should check the category wise reservation for the admission which is mention given below:
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||1 seat|
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the IGNOU B.Ed 2023 paper pattern in the given mentioned table so that they have an idea about the exam paper structure:
IGNOU B.ED 2023 Paper Pattern
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration||120 Minutes(2 Hours)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Section ||2 (A and B)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 marks for every correct answer|
Candidates can check the subject wise questions and marks distribution:
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section 1||English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section 2||Logical and Analytical reasoning||20||20|
|Section 3||General Awareness||25||25|
|Section 4||Teaching Learning||25||25|
|Section 5 |
Subject(Science, Mathematics, Social Science, English and Hindi) Optional
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Syllabus
Candidates must check the IGNOU B.Ed 2023 syllabus which is mention below:
Logical & Analytical and Reasoning
- Number Series
- Alphanumeric Series
- Coding - decoding
- Blood relation
- Logical reasoning (Syllogism, question-based on the statement)
Teaching-Learning & the School
- Aptitude and Development of Student
- Child-Centered and Progressive Education
- Development of Teacher Education India
- Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities
- Fundamentals and Principle of Education
- Inclusive Education
- Learning and Pedagogy
- Responsibility towards Societies
- Teaching Ability
- Reading comprehension
- Antonyms/ Synonyms
- Idioms & Phrase
- Basic grammar
Educational & General Awareness
- Political science
- Social science/ Current affairs
- Social Studies: History, Geography, Political Science, Social Science, Current affairs, etc. are mostly asked in the exam.
- Science: In this subject, questions will be related to Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- English/Hindi: The questions in both these subjects are related to Grammar, Reading Ability, Word Usage, etc.
- Mathematics: The topics in Mathematics related to Arithmetics, Number system, simplification, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Preparation Tips
The Preparation Tips are listed below by the experts and are targeted for the Candidates planning to look for some guidance and moral support for their preparation which might help them in scoring good in the examination:
- Candidates are requested to go through the Syllabus first of all the things and before even starting their preparation, they must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors.
- Make notes of everything, put tags and sticky notes.
- Daily revision is an essential aspect as what candidate studied becomes faded, which needs to be polished time and again.
- Make stronger points even better and work on weak points as well.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Admit Card
- Admit card will available in online mode only on the official website.
- Candidates can log in with their user id and password.
- Enter all required information correctly.
- Candidates must check every detail carefully.
- Candidates must take the print out of admitting card for examination.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Result
Candidates can check their IGNOU B.Ed result 2023 on the official website. Authority will soon release the date of the declaration of result on their website. Given below are some information regarding the IGNOU B.Ed result:
- NTA announce the result on their website only
- Candidates need to download the result which is in the form of a PDF which consists of the information of the qualifying candidates.
- Candidates should obtain the minimum prescribed marks for admission.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Counselling
NTA conducts the IGNOU B.Ed 2023 counselling process after the announcement of the result through online mode. The candidates who meet the cutoff criterion are shortlisted for counselling. As per the test, all required documentation will be checked, including academic certificates, proof of identity, certificates of work experience (if applicable), etc. After that, candidates will obtain admission by paying the course fee for the course assigned to them.
Documents Required at Counseling
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Certificates
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Centres
Below the test centres, the candidates should verify where the IGNOU B.Ed 2023 exam is to be held:
|Guwahati||Naharlagun / Itanagar||Visakhapatnam|
|Manipal / Udipi||Mysuru||Thrissur|
|Ghaziabad||Noida / Gr Noida ||Agra|
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Highlights
Candidates should go through the given below table of IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam basic information:
IGNOU B.Ed or Indra Gandhi National Open University B.Ed
National Test Agency (NTA)
NTA Official website
Online (Computer Based Test)
To offer admission in B.Ed
National Test Agency (NTA)
National Test Agency is a government agency that has been established in 2017 to conduct entrance exam for higher education institutes. It has been approved by the Union Council of Minister. Vineet Joshi is appointed as the first director-general of the agency. NTA office is in Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh. NTA conducts the Various exam to offer admission in engineering, medical, pharmacy, management, Delhi University and college or university teaching and fellowship.