IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Eligibility Criteria must be followed by all candidates to offer admission in B.Ed programmes. The exam is organised at the National level twice a year. The Indira Gandhi National Open University will announce the dates for its B.Ed entrance exam soon. The aspirants must fulfil the eligibility before filling the Application Form to appear in the exam. Applicants can know the other details regarding the eligibility of the IGNOU B Ed entrance 2020.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants must follow the eligibility as if they will be found ineligible at any point of time the authority can cancel the candidature. The candidates can check the other details below in the given points:
- Must have a score of 50% marks in Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Commerce / Humanity.
- Should have a Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- Those who are trained in-service teachers in elementary education are eligible.
- Candidates who have completed a National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
Educational Qualifications Awarded By Private Institutions
Any educational qualification awarded by the Private Universities established under the provisions of the “Chhattisgarh Niji Kshetra Vishwavidyalaya (Sthapana Aur Viniyaman), Adhiniyam, 2002” are not considered for admission to any Academic Programme in IGNOU.
Points to be noted for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Eligibility
The applicants must keep in mind below points to be eligible for the entrance exam:
- Only those candidates whose results are declared and qualified at the time of submitting the entrance form are eligible for this exam.
- Diploma in Education (DPE) through Open and Distance Learning (ODL), Diploma in Elementary Education (DEIEd) Programme, or any other teacher education programme completed through ODL will not be considered as a teacher education programme for admission to B.Ed. (ODL). NCTE has mandated completion of a teacher education programme through face-to-face mode only for admission to B.Ed. (ODL).
- Along with other requisite certificates, a candidate should also submit Certificate & Marksheet of completion of a teacher education programme through face-to-face mode duly recognized by NCTE(National Council for Teacher Education).
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Central List will be considered.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Reservation
The IGNOU University provides reservation of seats for Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes and noncreamy layer of OBC, Economically Weaker Sections, (as notified by MHRD vide OM 12-4/019- U1 dated January 2019), War Widows, Kashmiri Migrants and Physically Handicapped earners, as per the Government of India rules, for admission to its various programmes.
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||1 seat|