CEED 2020 Exam Pattern has been changed for this year by the official authority - Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. This year, CEED exam will consist of two parts, Part A and Part B and questions from both the parts are mandatory to attend. Common Entrance Exam for Design is a National Level exam organised to offer admission to Master of Design (M.Des) and PhD programmes in Design. After qualifying the CEED 2020 exam, candidates will get admission into prestigious institutes of Design such as IITs, IIITDM and IISc. The exam will be held on 18 January 2020 (Saturday). Candidates can read the complete article to know more about the CEED 2020 Exam Pattern.
CEED 2020 Exam Pattern
IITB has introduced few changes in the CEED 2020 exam pattern for the academic year 2020-21. Candidates must go through the exam pattern of Common Entrance Exam for Design to know the changes so that they can prepare accordingly. Earlier, only one paper was conducted but this year CEED exam will be held in two parts, Part A and Part B. The complete structure of CEED entrance exam question paper is given below:
- Exam Mode: CEED 2020 will be conducted online as well as offline mode.
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of total 200 marks.
- Duration: Candidates will get 180 minutes (three hours) to complete both parts.
Entrance examination for Design i.e. CEED will consist of two parts - PART A and PART B. And marking scheme and distribution of questions is different for both the parts. Candidates who will be shortlisted based on the marks obtained in Part A, will be eligible to sit for Part B paper. Therefore, the paper pattern of CEED 2020 in detail for both the parts is given below:
CEED Exam Pattern for PART A
The CEED 2020 exam pattern for Part A is given below:
- Part A will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- Objective type questions (multiple-choice questions, multiple select questions and numerical answer questions) will be asked in the exam.
- The total time duration for Part A will be of 60 minutes (one hour).
Candidates can check the below-given data to know the number and distribution of questions. Question paper structure of CEED for Part A is given hereby:
CEED Question Paper Structure for PART A
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number ||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if not Attempted ||Total Marks|
|NAT (Numerical Answer Questions)||8||1 - 8||3||0||0||24|
|MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)||10||9 - 18||3||- 0.2||0||30|
|MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)||23||19 - 41||2||- 0.5||0||46|
|TOTAL||41||1 - 41|| || || ||100|
NOTE: These will be design aptitude type questions that will be asked in the Part A question paper that will evaluate visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of the candidates.
CEED Exam Pattern for PART B
The CEED 2020 exam pattern for Part B is given hereby:
- Part B will be a Paper-Based Test (PBT).
- The time duration for Part B will be of 120 minutes (two hours).
- The question paper will be of total 100 marks for Part B.
Exam pattern of Part B is given below in a summarised way to have a clear picture of the CEED question paper structure:
CEED Paper Pattern for PART B
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Total Marks|
|TOTAL||5||1 - 5||100|
- Part B questions are aimed at testing candidate's design, drawing and writing skills.
- In Part B, no optional questions will be asked. Candidates have to attend all the questions asked in Part B question paper.
- The questions in Part B will be displayed on the computer screen and the candidates have to written the answers in the answer book provided by the invigilator at the time of examination (NOT into the Computer).
- Therefore, the answer book of Part B will be evaluated manually for the candidates who will be shortlisted from Part A.
25% weightage given to marks obtained in Part A and 75% weightage to marks obtained in Part B of Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) 2020.
To know the complete syllabus of CEED 2020 candidates can visit the official website. Click here>CEED 2020 Syllabus