RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 is also known as the Railway Protection Force Constable recruitment exam which is organised by the Indian Railways. Every year the department of Indian Railways releases the notification for the recruitment of constables in Railway Protection Force & Railway Protection Special Force for different zones of India. The recruitment is done based on the scores of the online entrance exam, Physical Measurement Test and Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The authority conducts this exam once a year at the National level. The application form is expected to be released soon on the official website. Those who are seeking for recruitment of RPF can go through the complete article below to know more.
RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
The candidates can check a few basic information about the RPF Constable recruitment 2020 below in the given table:
|RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 apply online date||June 2020|
|Last date for registration||June 2020|
|RPF Constable recruitment 2020 exam date||September/October 2020|
|Result declaration date||November 2020|
The candidates are advised to keep visiting the page to know the dates which will be updated once will be announced by the authority.
RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 Application Form
The online applications are invited from eligible male & female candidates. Before applying for the exam candidates must check the minimum eligibility requirement. Aspirants can check the related information about the RP Constable Recruitment 2020 application form below in the given points:
- The candidates must apply online on the portal of the RPF Constable recruitment only.
- The female candidates who have applied for the previous year but did not qualify the exam will be able to apply this year also by login with the previous registration number.
- Fresh candidates have to apply by entering their basic details like name, Date of Birth and parent’s name, Aadhaar number(Optional), State/UT, Category, Education Board, 10th/Matric Roll number, year of passing 10th/Matric, mobile number and email-ID and then submit for registration.
- And then will be able to proceed further to fill the other remaining details & make the fee payment.
- Applicants must give their complete bank details to get the exam fee refunded only on appearing the exam.
- The candidates must upload the scanned copy of their passport size photograph in a prescribed format only.
- The form must be submitted on or before the last date or else will not be accepted.
- For making any changes in the form applicants will have to pay Rs 250/-.
- Must get the printout of the form for all further references.
Candidates can check the fee details of online application form below in the given table:
|For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-serviceman/Female/Minorities/Economically backward class.||Rs 250/-|
|All other candidates||Rs 500/-|
The exam fee will be refunded after deducting the bank charges.
Modes of Payment
- Online via Net banking/credit card/debit card
- Offline via SBI Challan or Post office challan
RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidates must check the RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 eligibility criteria hereby;
- An applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Those who have passed the class X or equivalent exam from a recognized board shall only be eligible to apply.
- Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational qualification can not apply.
- The minimum age to apply is 18 years & maximum age should not exceed 25 years of age.
The relaxation in upper age limit/maximum upper age for the following categories/ communities in the table below is applicable subject to the submission of requisite certificates:
|Category||Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|SC/ST Candidates||5 Years|
|OBC-NCL candidates||3 Years|
|Ex-servicemen candidates who have put in not less than 6 months of continuous service after attestation.||To the extent of service rendered in Armed Forces plus UR – 3 years, OBC-Non-creamy Layer – 6 years. SC/ST – 8 years|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989 ( Unreserved)||UR – 5 years OBC–Non-creamy layer – 8 years SC/ST – 10 years|
|Central Govt. employees (Unreserved) other than ex-servicemen who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular & continuous service on the date of reckoning.||UR – 5 years OBC–Non-creamy layer – 8 years SC/ST – 10 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband but remarried||UR – 2 years OBC- Non-creamy layer – 5 years. SC/ST – 7 years|
Physical Measurements is given below in the table:
|Category||Height in CMS||Chest in CMS for male candidates|
|For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese and other Categories specified by Govt.||163||155||80||85|
RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
Get the Online exam pattern for RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 below:
Computer-Based Written Test Pattern:
- Exam Mode – Online(Computer Based Test) mode
- Duration of exam – 90 Minutes
- The medium of exam – Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri & Punjabi
- Number of questions – 120 questions
- Marking Scheme – +1 for each correct response and there will be 0.33 marks deduction for each wrong answer.
- Sections – 3 sections will be there in the paper
|General Intelligence & reasoning||35|
Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Measurement Test
The criteria for PET is given below:
|Category||1600 meters run||800 meters run||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Male||5 min 45 sec||—-||14 ft||4 ft|
|Female||—-||3 min 40 sec||9 ft||3 ft|
- For 1600/800 meters event, only one chance will be given. For long jump and high jump, the candidates will be given up to 2 chances each.
- Ex-servicemen shall be exempted from PET, However, they will have to undergo PMT.
RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 Syllabus
The candidates can check the RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 syllabus below:
- General Awareness Syllabus – This section will have questions to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society; to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science etc.
- Arithmetic Syllabus – Number systems, whole numbers, percentages, ratio and proportion, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion etc.
- General Intelligence & reasoning Syllabus – Questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc
RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 Admit Card
The authority will release the RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 admit card on the official website.
- The candidates will have to download their e-call letter from the web portal.
- An SMS & email will be sent to those whose form will be accepted, for the admit card release.
- Eligible candidates will be able to download the e-call letter from the Indian Railways website about 10 days before the date of the CBT/PET/PMT/Document Verification(as applicable).
- The authority will not send the call letter via post.
- The exam admit card will have the details like date, venue, reporting time, attendance, the capture of biometric details, terminal/seat allotment etc.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam without the e-call letter.
- One must retain the admit card till the recruitment process gets over.
RPF Constable Recruitment Result
The authority will release the result of the CBT online on the official website.
- A pdf form will be released in which all the candidate’s name will be mentioned who will be called for PMT, PET and document verification.
- It will be necessary to obtain 35% marks for all category candidates except SC/ST(30% marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the CBT.
- In cases of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e. the senior one will be given a priority than the junior one.
Those who will qualify the PET and PMT will be only be called for documents verification.
- The selected candidates will have to visit the counselling centre with all the mandatory documents in original.
- All Certificates should be either in English or Hindi only. In case the certificates are not in any other language, self-attested translated version (in Hindi/English) should be produced.
- Minorities include Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) Minority candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority category declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that they belong to any of the above minority communities, failing which their candidature will be rejected.
- Candidates who do not appear for document verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in written examination and PET/PMT.
Documents Required for RPF Constable recruitment
- 10th/Matriculation certificate as proof of age.
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the format prescribed for employment under Central Government.
- Discharge certificate for Ex-Serviceman
- Two copies of self-attested colour photograph
- No Objection Certificate(NOC) from the present employer in case of serving Govt. employees
- Domicile certificate wherever applicable.
- Economically Backward Classes have to submit income certificate
- Application fee receipt (for offline submission)
Note: The above information is provided based on the previous year’s data, hence stay connected to know the current year information which will be updated after the announcement made by the authority.
RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 Highlights
The candidates can get the overview of RPF Constable Recruitment 2020 below in the given table:
|Recruitment Name||RPF Constable Recruitment 2020|
|Conducting body||Indian Railways|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Recruitment Process||Through the Computer-Based Test, Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Measurement Test and Document Verification|
|2018 Vacancies||8619(male – 4403 and female – 4216)|