AIYSEE 2020 Syllabus or All India Youth Scholarship Entrance Examination syllabus has been released on its official website. The exam will be conducted from 20 April 2020 to 28 April 2020. The applicants seeking to get the scholarship for their higher studies must know the syllabus of the entrance exam for better performance. Hence, applicants can go through the full article to know about the AIYSEE 2020 Syllabus.
AIYSEE 2020 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus for AIYSEE 2020 scholarship exam is mentioned below:
Engineering Syllabus for AIYSEE
The engineering applicants can go through the below-listed syllabus:
- Physical World
- Units and Measurements
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Motion in a Plane
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- System of Particles and Rotational Motion
- Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Mechanical Properties of Fluids
- Thermal Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory
- Electric Charges and Fields
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Communication Systems
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry- General Introduction: Importance and scope of chemistry, Nature of matter, mole concept and molar mass, chemical reactions, etc.
- Structure of Atom- Discovery of Electron, Bohr's model and its limitations, quantum numbers, Rutherford's model and its limitations, etc.
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties- Significance of classification, modern periodic law and the present form of the periodic table, electronegativity, etc.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure- Valence electrons, the geometry of covalent molecules, the molecular orbital theory of homonuclear diatomic molecules, hydrogen bond, etc.
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids- Three states of matter, liquefaction of gases, viscosity and surface tension (qualitative idea only), Gay Lussac's law, etc.
- Chemical Thermodynamics- Concepts of System and types of systems, work, heat, energy, Third law of thermodynamics etc.
- Equilibrium- Solubility product, dynamic nature of equilibrium, ionic equilibrium-ionization of acids and bases, etc.
- Redox Reaction- Concept of oxidation and reduction, redox reactions, applications of redox reactions, etc.
- Hydrogen- Occurrence, isotopes, hydrides-ionic covalent and interstitial, heavy water, etc.
- Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Preparation and Properties of Some Important Compounds- Sodium Chloride, Calcium oxide & Calcium Carbonate and their industrial uses, etc.
- Elements- General introduction, electronic configuration, occurrence, some important compounds, etc.
- Organic Chemistry - Some Basic Principles and Technique
- Hydrocarbons- Classification of Hydrocarbons,
- Environmental Chemistry- Environmental pollution - air, strategies for control of environmental pollution, major atmospheric pollutants, acid rain, etc.
- Cleansing agents - soaps and detergents, cleansing action
- Nucleic Acids: DNA and RNA
- Proteins, Carbohydrates, Vitamins
- Sets and Functions- Sets and their representations, Union and Intersection of sets, Properties of Complement Sets, Relations & Functions, Trigonometric Functions, etc.
- Algebra- Principle of Mathematical Induction, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequalities, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, etc.
- Calculus- Limits and Derivatives
- Mathematical Reasoning- Mathematical Reasoning- Mathematically acceptable statements, Connecting words/ phrases, etc.
- Statistics and Probability
- Relations and Functions- Relations and Functions Inverse Trigonometric Functions, etc.
- Linear Programming, Probability, etc.
Medical Syllabus for AIYSEE
The aspirants seeking to get the scholarship for medical higher education shall have to go through the following syllabus for preparation for AIYSEE 2020 Entrance
- The candidates have to go through the Physics & Chemistry syllabus as mentioned above for engineering.
AIYSEE Syllabus for Biology
The Biology syllabus for medical aspirants are as follows:
- Diversity of Living Organism- The Living World, Biological Classification, Plant Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, etc.
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants- Morphology of Flowering Plants, Anatomy of Flowering Plants, Structural Organisation in Animals.
- Cell Structure and Function- Cell-The Unit of Life, Biomolecules, Cell Cycle and Cell Division.
- Plant Physiology- Transport in Plants, Mineral Nutrition, Photosynthesis in Higher Plants, Respiration in Plants, Plant - Growth and Development.
- Human Physiology (A)- Digestion and Absorption, Breathing and Exchange of Gases, Body Fluids and Circulation.
- Human Physiology (B)- Excretory Products and Their Elimination, Locomotion and Movement, Neural Control and Coordination, Chemical Coordination and Integration, etc.
- Reproduction- Reproduction in Organisms, Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants, Human Reproduction, Reproductive Health, Principles of Inheritance and Variation, Molecular Basis of Inheritance, Evolution.
- Biology and Human Welfare- Human Health and Diseases, Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production, Microbes in Human Welfare.
- Biotechnology and Its Applications- Biotechnology - Principles and Processes, Biotechnology and its Application.
- Ecology and Environment- Organisms and Populations, Environmental Issues, etc.