The Syllabus of AP EDCET 2020 has been decided by the Andhra Pradesh and will be released on the official website of AP EDCET 2020. It is beneficial for the candidates to go through with the syllabus before they start preparing for the exam. It will the candidates a clear idea about the important topics for the exam. The syllabus will consist of the three sections i.e General English, General Knowledge, and Teaching Aptitude. Read this complete article to get more information about AP EDCET 2020 Syllabus.
AP EDCET 2020 Detailed Syllabus
The detailed syllabus of AP EDCET 2020 is listed below.
Part A: General English
The questions under the general English section will be asked from these topics.
- Reading comprehension
- Correction of sentences
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound, and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech, and Indirect Speech.
Part B: General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude
The questions under this section will be designed to test the ability of the candidate's general knowledge of the environment around him and its application in the society as well and to test the knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in the scientific outlook. The questions in this section would come from the following topics.
- Current Affairs
- General Policy
- Scientific Research
Part C: Candidate has to opt one of the following subjects
- Physical Science
- Biological Science
- Social Studies
AP EDCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of AP EDCET 2020 is mentioned in the given below table.
|Total number of questions||150|
|Time Allowed(Duration)||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)|
|Number of sections||3 i.e General English, General knowledge and Teaching Aptitude, Methodology|
|Marks for each section||25 marks for section A, 25 marks for Section B, and 100 marks for Section C|
- For every right answer, a candidate will be awarded 1 mark.
- No mark will be deducted from the candidate's overall score in case of the wrong answers.
The exam pattern listed above is based on the previous year's question papers. Therefore, if any candidate has any doubt regarding the exam pattern, then they are advised to go through with the previous year's question papers.
AP EDCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips for candidates regarding the exam that will boost their preparation and to score better marks in the exam.
- Revision: Candidates must try to revise every topic timely and again. Revision of topics, again and again, will help the candidates to solve the clear their doubts and concepts.
- Try to solve the mock tests and previous year question papers: The candidates are advised to practice from the previous year question papers and practice mock tests so that they gain confidence and get a clear idea about how the exam is going to be conducted.
- Clear the concepts: For the preparation of the exam, the candidates must not mix up all the concepts. It is their responsibility to understand the concept clearly and with the gained knowledge must try to solve the questions at the time of examination.
- Watch youtube videos: If a candidate has some doubts or some concepts or topics are not clear, then they are advised to watch the videos on youtube to get their doubts clear.
- Proper time management: For the preparation of any exam, it is important for the candidate that they must manage the time in the best possible manner. They must decide in advance about which section has to be picked up at first and which section has to be picked up, at last, to complete the exam before the time in the examination hall.
AP EDCET 2020 Important Books
Some names of the popular and best books for the preparation of the entrance exam are mentioned in the given below table.
|Name of the book||Author name|
|Objective General English||R.S Aggarwal|
|B.Ed. Entrance exam guide||R.P.H Editorial guide|
|General knowledge 2020||Arihant|
|20 Practice Papers- General Paper 1- Teaching and Research Aptitude||Gurukul books|
|Teaching Aptitude and Attitude Test for Entrance Exams||Abha Malik|
|Quantitative aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
These are the some best books that will help the candidates to prepare for the exam.