AP TET 2021 syllabus has been relased by School Education Department, Andhra Pradesh on 11 June 2021. Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test 2021 will be conducted in the 3rd week and 4th week of July 2021 tentatively. AP TET is organized Once a year at the State-Level. The exam is conducted to ensure National Standards and benchmarks of quality for teachers in the recruitment process by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). The candidates must carefully fill the application form and on time. There is no fixed schedule for the conduct of this exam. Candidates can read the given below article to know more about AP TET 2021.
AP TET 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check the current exam status of AP TET from the table given below:
|AP TET Status||Syllabus has been released by the conducting authority|
APTET has published a complete syllabus for the state level TET exam. Click here to Know more ---> AP TET 2021 Syllabus
AP TET 2021 Important Dates
Following are the important dates of AP TET 2021.
|Application start date||1st week of May 2021|
|Application last date||1st week of June 2021|
|Online mock test||June 2021|
|Admit card release date||June 2021|
|Exam date||3rd week of June to 4th week of June 2021|
|Result||1st week of July 2021|
AP TET 2021 Application Form
The AP TET Application Form 2021
details can be seen in the below list. The Registration form for AP Teacher Eligibility Test
will be available on the official website.
Check further information below:
- The applicants will have to visit the official website to fill the TET form.
- On payment of the application fee, Journal Number will be issued with which the candidate can get the application form.
- The candidates will have to fill in the personal details, academic details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of a self-attested photograph.
- Also will need to upload the mandatory documents like degree certificate, etc.
- Then submit the form & get the printout for future use.
AP TET 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The Andhra Pradesh TET Application Fee can be submitted via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
The application fee details for the AP TET 2021 is given below:
AP TET Registration Fee 2021
|General/OBC/SC/ST/ & all other candidates||Rs 500/-|
Note- The fee towards the submission of the application and for the conduct of the computer-based TET exam is Rs 500/- for each paper.
AP TET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test 2021 is given in points below:
For Paper-I (Classes I to V ):
1. The applicants must have passed intermediate/senior secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD 45% marks).
Must have 2 - year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 - year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
2. The candidates must have passed intermediate/senior secondary or equivalent with at least 45% marks (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD 40% marks).
- Must have a 2 - year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education. (B.El.Ed.) / 2 - year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
- In the case of the candidates, who have passed or admitted to D.El.Ed / D.Ed., course before the issue of these guidelines.
For Paper II-A( Classes VI-VIII):
- For Mathematics and Science Teachers / Social Studies Teachers-
- Any graduation in concerned subject with at least 50% marks (for SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates 40% marks) and must have passed Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) – Special Education).
- Must have 4- year B.A.Ed / B.Sc.Ed., with at least 50% marks (for SC / ST / BC/ PWD candidates 45% marks).
- For Language Teachers (Classes VI-VIII)- Candidates can choose either of the three options given below-
- Graduation with Language is concerned as one of the Optional Subjects.
- Bachelor of Oriental Language (or its equivalent)
- Graduation in Literature.
- Post Graduation in Language concerned & Language Pandit Training Certificate/ B.Ed with Language concerned as one of the Methodologies, in respect of Language Teachers.
For Paper II-B (Classes VI-VIII):
- For Physical Education Teachers-
- Must possess Intermediate Certificate issued by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh (or) Equivalent certificate recognized by Board of Intermediate Education, Govt. of A.P. and Under Graduate Diploma in Physical Education (U.G.D.P.Ed.) of one or two years, duration / Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed.) of duration not less than two years (or equivalent) from any NCTE Recognized Institution.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent (or) Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education an elective subject (or) Graduate in Physical Education (BPE) at least three years duration and Under Graduate Diploma in Physical Education (U.G.D.P.Ed.) of one or two years, duration/ Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed) of duration not less than two years (or equivalent) from any NCTE Recognized Institution.
For Physical Education Teachers /School Assistant- Physical Education:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent (or) Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education an elective subject (or) Graduate in Physical Education (BPE) at least three years duration & Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) of at least one-year duration course from NCTE Recognized University/Institution.
- The candidates, who are appearing in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed.) (or) Undergraduate Diploma in Physical Education (U.G.D.P.Ed). / Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed.) (or) Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) (or) Language Pandit Training (or) Bachelor of Physical Education etc., are also eligible to appear for the TET exam subject to the condition that the candidates cannot appear for Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) with this TET certificate unless the candidates acquire requisite qualification.
- A Diploma/ Degree course in Teacher Education / Degree Course in Physical Education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However in the case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
- Intermediate qualification of the Board of Intermediate Education (BIE) of Andhra Pradesh State or its equivalent as recognized by the Board of Intermediate Education (BIE), Andhra Pradesh State only shall be considered. So also the Bachelor’s Degree of a University Recognized by UGC only shall be considered.
AP TET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for AP TET 2021 is shown below in the table:
Question Paper Pattern for AP TET 2021
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Type of Questions ||Multiple Choice questions|
|Number of Papers||Two papers, Paper I & Paper II|
|Medium of Exam ||English and Language 1 (Except Sanskrit) |
|Marking Scheme||One mark each, No negative mark|
Subjects under Language 1-
The following languages are offered by the conducting body under language 1-
Paper I (for Classes I to V)
The exam pattern for Paper I is as follows:
- Number of MCQs- 150 Questions
- Duration of Exam- 150 Minutes
Subject Wise Marks and Questions distribution
|Subject ||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy ||30||30|
|Language I ||30||30|
|Language II (English)||30||30|
Paper-II- A (for Classes VI-VIII)
The below table shows the structure of the question paper:
- Duration of Examination - 150 Minutes
AP TET 2021 Paper 2(A) Question Pattern
|Subject||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy ||30||30|
|Language II (English)||30||30|
|For Mathematics & Science Teachers:|
For Social Studies Teacher
For any other Teacher
Duration of Exam- 150 Minutes
|Subject||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Physical Education Pedagogy||30||30|
|Physical Education (Content)||100||100|
|Incentive Marks for Meritorious Sports Candidates||-||30|
Exemption from AP TET 2021 Examination
There are certain conditions in which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam. These are as follows-
- Teachers who were appointed before the NCTE notification date i.e. 23 August 2010 by the
Competent Authority in Government/ Local Authority as per Recruitment Rules prevalent at that time are exempted from appearing for TET 2021.
- Teachers working in Private Schools whose appointments were not approved by the Competent Authority are not exempted from passing TET. Such Teachers of Private Unaided Schools shall appear for TET conducted by either the State Government or Central Government. In respect of non-approved Teachers working in Private Aided Schools, they shall invariably appear for TET conducted by the State Government only.
AP TET 2021 Syllabus
The AP TET 2021 syllabus can be checked below. The applicants can check the detailed syllabus on the official website " http://cse.ap.gov.in "
Paper I Syllabus: The syllabus will be designed by the SCERT & the same shall be issued along with the Notification.
- The syllabus for Language I & II shall be based on Proficiency in the Language, Elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities (Standard up to class X level).
- Mathematics & Environmental Studies- Based on topics of Classes I to V.
Paper-II- A Syllabus:
- For Language I & II - The syllabus will be based on proficiency in the Language, Communication and Comprehension abilities, Elements of Language (standard up to Senior Secondary Level (12th Class).
- For Physical Education teachers- Language I & II will be based on proficiency in the Language, Elements of Language, Communication & Comprehension abilities (standard up to 7th Class).
Paper II-B Syllabus: The syllabus for TET of Physical Education Teacher & School Assistant Physical Education will be based on topics of Classes VI to X.
AP TET 2021 Admit Card
The applicants can download the hall ticket from the official website. The details regarding the AP TET 2021 Admit Card are as follows:
- In case any candidate could not download the Hall ticket he/ she should contact the Joint Director, TET of Commissioner of School Education, Anjaneya Towers, Ibrahimpatnam between 10.00 AM to 5.30 PM on all working hours.
- A duplicate hall ticket will not be issued to the candidates under any circumstances.
- The admit card will have details like the Candidate's Name, Exam details, Cemte Name, Date, and Time.
- The applicants must carry the following id proof along with the admit card to the exam hall for verification purposes.
- Candidates must keep multiple copies of admit card for future references.
List of Documents to be carried on the AP TET Exam Day
The list of documents is mandatory to be carried along with the admit card on the examination day. Any missing document may lead to the cancellation of candidature. Candidates can check the list below-
- Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Passport/Voter Id/Driving Licence
- Master's and Bachelor's Degree Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
AP TET 2021 Exam centers
The exam centers for the AP TET 2021 are as follows:
AP TET 2021 Result
The results of AP TET 2021 will be declared by the 1st week of July 2021. Candidates can check the below-given table for the passing percentage as per category-
AP TET 2021 Passing Marks
|Category||Passing Marks percentage|
|General||60% marks and above|
|Backward Class||50% marks and above|
|Reserved category( SC/ST/PwD)||40% marks and above|
The above information is based on the previous year's data and references. No official notification has been released by the conducting body (Higher Education Board of Andhra Pradesh, Government of Andhra Pradesh). Once it is released we'll update it here soon. Till then stay connected to Entrancezone for the latest updates.
AP TET 2021 Highlights
Given below is the vital information regarding AP TET 2021:
AP TET 2021 Basic Details
|Exam Name||AP TET 2021|
|Full Name||Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Higher Education Board of Andhra Pradesh|
|Medium of Exam||English & Telugu|
|Number of Question Papers||Two|
Stay connected for more updates regarding AP TET 2021.
About the Higher Education Board of Andhra Pradesh
The Department of Higher Education deals with matters relating to education at various levels in the State like a college education, technical education, and universities. Objectives of the department are the development of Undergraduate and Postgraduate education, Increasing Access to Higher Education, encouraging private participation in the expansion of Collegiate Education, development of infrastructure in Government Colleges, ensuring the maintenance of high standards of education in colleges. The department mission is as follows:
- Promoting Academic autonomy, innovation, and change.
- Development of Undergraduate and Post Graduate Education.
- Increasing Access to Higher Education.
- Use of IT and modern technology for the improvement of quality in academics and administration.
- Objectives in Higher Education for the underprivileged sections of the society and women, particularly in rural areas.
- Encouraging private participation in the expansion of Collegiate Education.
- Restructuring the Vocationalisation of courses in Collegiate Education for increasing employment potential.