AP TET 2020 also known as the Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test will be conducted by the Higher Education Board of Andhra Pradesh, Government of Andhra Pradesh. AP TET is organized Once a year at the State-Level. The exam is conducted to ensure National Standards and benchmark of quality for teachers in the recruitment process by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). The candidates must carefully fill the application form and on time. There is no fixed schedule for conduct of this exam. Candidate can read the given below article to know more about AP TET 2020.
AP TET 2020 Application Form
The AP TET Application Form 2020
details can be seen in the below list. The Registration form for AP Teacher Eligibility Test
will be available on the official website.
Check further information below:
- The applicants will have to visit the official website to fill the TET form.
- On payment of application fee, Journal Number will be issued with which the candidate can get the application form.
- The candidates will have to fill the personal details, academic details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of a self- attested photograph.
- Also will need to upload the mandatory documents like degree certificate, etc.
- Then submit the form & get the printout for future use.
AP TET 2020 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The Andhra Pradesh TET Application Fee can be submitted via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
The application fee details for the AP TET 2020 is given below:
AP TET Registration Fee 2020
|General/OBC/SC/ST/ & all other candidates||Rs 500/-|
Note- The fee towards the submission of application and for the conduct of computer-based TET exam is Rs 500/- for each paper.
AP TET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test 2020 is given in points below:
For Paper-I (Classes I to V ):
1. The applicants must have passed intermediate/senior secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD 45% marks).
Must have 2 - year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 - year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
2. The candidates must have passed intermediate/senior secondary or equivalent with at least 45% marks (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD 40% marks).
- Must have a 2 - year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education. (B.El.Ed.) / 2 - year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
- In case of the candidates, who have passed or admitted to D.El.Ed / D.Ed., course before the issue of these guidelines.
For Paper II-A( Classes VI-VIII):
- For Mathematics and Science Teachers / Social Studies Teachers-
- Any graduation in concerned subject with at least 50% marks (for SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates 40% marks) and must have passed Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) – Special Education).
- Must have 4- year B.A.Ed / B.Sc.Ed., with at least 50% marks (for SC / ST / BC/ PWD candidates 45% marks).
- For Language Teachers (Classes VI-VIII)- Candidates can choose either of the three options given below-
- Graduation with Language concerned as one of the Optional Subjects.
- Bachelor of Oriental Language (or its equivalent)
- Graduation in Literature.
- Post Graduation in Language concerned & Language Pandit Training Certificate/ B.Ed with Language concerned as one of the Methodologies, in respect of Language Teachers.
For Paper II-B (Classes VI-VIII):
- For Physical Education Teachers-
- Must possess Intermediate Certificate issued by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh (or) Equivalent certificate recognized by Board of Intermediate Education, Govt. of A.P. and Under Graduate Diploma in Physical Education (U.G.D.P.Ed.) of one or two years, duration / Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed.) of duration not less than two years (or equivalent) from any NCTE Recognized Institution.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or it's equivalent (or) Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education an elective subject (or) Graduate in Physical Education (BPE) at least three years duration and Under Graduate Diploma in Physical Education (U.G.D.P.Ed.) of one or two years, duration/ Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed) of duration not less than two years (or equivalent) from any NCTE Recognized Institution.
For Physical Education Teachers /School Assistant- Physical Education:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or it's equivalent (or) Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education an elective subject (or) Graduate in Physical Education (BPE) at least three years duration & Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) of at least one-year duration course from NCTE Recognized University/Institution.
- The candidates, who are appearing in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed.) (or) Undergraduate Diploma in Physical Education (U.G.D.P.Ed). / Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed.) (or) Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) (or) Language Pandit Training (or) Bachelor of Physical Education etc., are also eligible to appear for TET exam subject to the condition that the candidates cannot appear for Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) with this TET certificate unless the candidates acquire requisite qualification.
- A Diploma/ Degree course in Teacher Education / Degree Course in Physical Education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
- Intermediate qualification of Board of Intermediate Education (BIE) of Andhra Pradesh State or its equivalent as recognized by Board of Intermediate Education (BIE), Andhra Pradesh State only shall be considered. So also the Bachelor’s Degree of a University Recognized by UGC only shall be considered.
AP TET 2020 Admit Card
The applicants can download the hall ticket from the official website. The details regarding the AP TET 2020 Admit Card are as follows:
- In case of any candidate could not download the Hall ticket he/ she should contact the Joint Director, TET of Commissioner of School Education, Anjaneya Towers, Ibrahimpatnam between 10.00 AM to 5.30 PM on all working hours.
- A duplicate hall ticket will not be issued to the candidates at any circumstances.
- The admit card will have the details like Candidate's Name, Exam details, Cemte Name, Date and Time.
- The applicants must carry the following id proof along with the admit card to the exam hall for the verification purpose.
- Candidates must keep multiple copies of admit card for future references.
List of Documents to be carried on the AP TET Exam Day
The list of documents is mandatory to be carried along with the admit card on the examination day. Any missing document may lead to cancellation of candidature. Candidates can check the list below-
- Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Passport/Voter Id/Driving Licence
- Master's and Bachelor's Degree Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
AP TET 2020 Exam centres
The exam centres for the AP TET 2020 are as follows:
AP TET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for AP TET 2020 is shown below in the table:
Question Paper Pattern for AP TET 2020
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Type of Questions ||Multiple Choice questions|
|Number of Papers||Two papers, Paper I & Paper II|
|Medium of Exam ||English and Language 1 (Except Sanskrit) |
|Marking Scheme||One mark each, No negative mark|
Subjects under Language 1-
The following languages are offered by the conducting body under language 1-
Paper I (for Classes I to V)
The exam pattern for Paper I is as follows:
- Number of MCQs- 150 Questions
- Duration of Exam- 150 Minutes
Subject Wise Marks and Questions distribution
|Subject ||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy ||30||30|
|Language I ||30||30|
|Language II (English)||30||30|
Paper-II- A (for Classes VI-VIII)
The below table shows the structure of the question paper:
- Duration of Examination - 150 Minutes
AP TET 2020 Paper 2(A) Question Pattern
|Subject||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy ||30||30|
|Language II (English)||30||30|
|For Mathematics & Science Teachers:|
For Social Studies Teacher
For any other Teacher
Duration of Exam- 150 Minutes
|Subject||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Physical Education Pedagogy||30||30|
|Physical Education (Content)||100||100|
|Incentive Marks for Meritorious Sports Candidates||-||30|
Exemption from AP TET 2020 Examination
There are certain conditions in which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam. These are as follows-
- Teachers who were appointed before NCTE notification date i.e. 23 August 2010 by the
Competent Authority in Government/ Local Authority as per Recruitment Rules prevalent at that time are exempted from appearing for TET 2020.
- Teachers working in Private Schools whose appointments were not approved by the Competent Authority are not exempted from passing TET. Such Teachers of Private Unaided Schools shall appear for TET conducted by either the State Government or Central Government. In respect of non approved Teachers working in Private Aided Schools, they shall invariably appear for TET conducted by the State Government only.
AP TET 2020 Syllabus
The AP TET 2020 syllabus can be checked below. The applicants can check the detailed syllabus on the official website " http://cse.ap.gov.in "
Paper I Syllabus: The syllabus will be designed by the SCERT & the same shall be issued along with the Notification.
- The syllabus for Language I & II shall be based on Proficiency in the Language, Elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities (Standard up to class X level).
- Mathematics & Environmental Studies- Based on topics of Classes I to V.
Paper-II- A Syllabus:
- For Language I & II - The syllabus will be based on proficiency in the Language, Communication and Comprehension abilities, Elements of Language (standard up to Senior Secondary Level (12th Class).
- For Physical Education teachers- Language I & II will be based on proficiency in the Language, Elements of Language, Communication & Comprehension abilities (standard up to 7th Class).
Paper II-B Syllabus: The syllabus for TET of Physical Education Teacher & School Assistant Physical Education will be based on topics of Classes VI to X.
AP TET 2020 Results
The results of AP TET will be declared by the last week of June 2020. Candidates can check the below-given table for the passing percentage as per category-
AP TET 2020 Passing Marks
|Category||Passing Marks percentage|
|General||60% marks and above|
|Backward Class||50% marks and above|
|Reserved category( SC/ST/PwD)||40% marks and above|
The above information is based on previous year data and references. No official notification has been released by the conducting body (Higher Education Board of Andhra Pradesh, Government of Andhra Pradesh). Once it is released we'll update it here soon. Till then stay connected to Entrancezone for latest updates.
AP TET 2020 Highlights
Given below is the vital information regarding AP TET 2020:
|Exam Name||AP TET 2020|
|Full Name||Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Higher Education Board of Andhra Pradesh|
|Medium of Exam||English & Telugu|
|Number of Question Papers||Two|
Stay connected for more updates regarding AP TET 2020.
About the Higher Education Board of Andhra Pradesh
The Department of Higher Education deals with the matters relating to education at various levels in the State like a college education, technical education and universities. Objectives of the department are the development of Undergraduate and Postgraduate education, Increasing Access to Higher Education, encouraging private participation in the expansion of Collegiate Education, development of infrastructure in Government Colleges, ensuring the maintenance of high standards of education in colleges. The department mission is as follows:
- Promoting Academic autonomy, innovation and change.
- Development of Undergraduate and Post Graduate Education.
- Increasing Access to Higher Education.
- Use of IT and modern technology for the improvement of quality in academics and administration.
- Objectives in Higher Education for the underprivileged sections of the society and women, particularly in rural areas.
- Encouraging private participation in the expansion of Collegiate Education.
- Restructuring Vocationalisation of courses in Collegiate Education for increasing employment potential.