The University of Delhi has introduced a new admission process from this session. As per the updates, DU has scrapped the old cut-off-based system and has adopted the Common University Entrance Test or CUET 2023 to admit students. DUET will be conducted via CUET 2023 in May 2023 at the National Level by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Delhi University Entrance Test is conducted via online (Computer-Based Test) to offer admission to various colleges of Delhi University. Delhi University offers admission to Undergraduate, Postgraduate & MPhil/Ph.D. courses in the fields like Engineering, Arts, Commerce, Law, Management, Science, etc. Candidates must read the complete article to know more about DUET UG, PG & Mphil, PhD. 2023.
- Delhi University has introduced changes in the admission process. From the academic year 2022-23 onwards, the admission process will take place through Central Universities Common Entrance Test, CUET.
- The University of Delhi Vice Chancellor Yogesh Singh announced that the DU undergraduate (UG) admission will be based on Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUET) from this year
DUET 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check DUET status from below:
DUET 2023 Exam Status
|Exam Status||Admission through CUET 2023|
DUET 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates for DUET 2023 Given below:
|Application Form Available||09 February, 2023|
|Last date to submit||12 March, 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||Second week of the May, 2023|
|DUET Exam Date 2023||21 May - 31 May, 2023|
|Answer Keys||To Be Released on Website|
|Final Answer Keys Release Date||To Be Released on Website|
|DUET 2023 Result||To Be Released on Website|
DUET 2023 Result
DUET 2023 Result
or scores will be declared on the official website. Candidates are requested to follow up on their results and the merit list that has been formed so they can easily fulfil the requirements for further counselling and admission procedure.
Rank and Merit List
Read the points given below for the Rank and Merit List:
- For each test paper of DU Entrance Exam 2023, candidates will be assigned a Rank which is based on their performance in the examination.
- In the case of tie-breaker, those candidates who had more positive marks than negative were given the higher rank.
- If this criterion fails to break the tie then candidates will give the same rank.
- For qualified candidates, the score will be available on the NTA 2023 official website.
DUET 2023 Cut Off
DUET 2023 Cut Off
for different programs offered in Science, Arts, and Commerce streams, Delhi University separately publish the DU cut off points. For each round, Delhi University releases a consolidated DU cut-off for science, arts, trade, and BA programs. The cut off was planned by the University based on different variables, such as
- Marks secured in the entrance test
- Number of Vacant Seats
- Amount of applicants for the exam appearing
- Cut off trends etc. from the previous year
DUET 2023 Counselling
DUET 2023 Counselling
will start soon after the declaration of results for the candidates who have successfully qualified for the DU exam 2023 examination. The qualified applicants will be offered courses at different colleges based on their merit. The list of important documents has already been mentioned above in the article which all the candidates must carry at the time of admission failing to which their candidature shall be cancelled.
- Passing Certificate of the qualifying exam
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Copy of online application form
DUET 2023 Application Form
- The Application Form is available on the official website of the NTA.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- Firstly, candidates have to register themselves using a valid e-mail id to proceed with filling up an application form.
- While filling the application form candidates will furnish personal details, contact details, academic details, etc.
- Applicants need to upload the required documents and scanned images of passport size photograph and signature in prescribed size and format.
- Candidates should make sure that all the information given in the form is complete and correct, as the same will be used throughout the admission procedure.
DUET 2023 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The application fee for DUET 2023 can be paid through online mode via net banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, and UPI.
Candidates can check the DUET Application Fees 2023 for PG, M.Phil, and PhD. Programs are given below:
DUET 2023 Registration Process Fee
|SC/ST/PwD/EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||Rs. 300/- (per course)|
|UR/OBC and other||Rs. 750/- (per course)|
Candidates can check the DUET 2023 Application Fees for UG programs in the given below:
|For Merit-based courses for UR/OBC||Rs. 250/-|
|For SC/ST/PwD/EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|The registration fee for ECA/Sports||Rs. 100/-|
| Entrance-based course for UR/OBC ||Rs. 750/-|
|Entrance-based course for SC/ST/PwD/EWS ||Rs. 300/-|
NOTE: The application fee will not be refunded by the NTA under any circumstances.
DUET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the DUET 2023 eligibility criteria to know whether they are eligible for the exam they are applying for. The DUET eligibility criteria are given below:
- Age Limit: There is no minimum age bar for applying for DUET 2023.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible for the test.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Merit Based Courses:
- For B.A. (Hons.) English: Candidates must secure 45% marks in the qualifying exam with English as a compulsory subject.
- For B.Com (Hons.): Candidates should secure 45% marks in class 12 examination with Mathematics, Accountancy, Economics, and Business Studies/ Commerce as a compulsory subject.
- For B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science: Candidates must secure at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam with one language, Mathematics, and two out of Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science/ Informatics Practices subjects.
- For B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry/Physics/Polymer Science: Candidates should secure 50% marks in the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and one language subject.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Entrance-Based Courses:
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.): Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam with one language subjects and 3 other subjects such Biology; Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Economics; History; Political Science; Geography; Sociology; Philosophy; Psychology; Business Studies/Accountancy.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Multimedia and Mass Communication: Candidates should secure 75% marks with 85% marks in English as a compulsory subject in class 12.
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation): Candidates should secure at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Merit-Based Programmes:
- M.A. Economics: Candidates should clear the B.A. (Hons.) in Economics from the University of Delhi with 60% marks for the general category or equivalent CGPA.
- M.A. English: Candidates should secure 45% for general and 40.5% marks OBC/SC/ST/PWD marks if candidates qualify for the B.A. (Hons.) Examination in English from the University of Delhi. In the case of B.A. (Hons.) Examination in English from University of Delhi candidates should secure 50% for general and 45% for OBC/SC/ST/PWD marks in the qualifying exam
Eligibility Criteria for PG Entrance Based Programmes:
- M.A. Economics: Candidates should possess Any Graduate/ Postgraduate Degree in any subject from the University of Delhi or any Indian University recognized by the University of Delhi with 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
- M.A. English: Candidates should secure 45% marks for general and 40.5% for OBC/SC/ST marks if candidates qualify for the B.A. (Hons.) Examination in English from the University of Delhi. In case of a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized Indian University candidates must have 50% marks for general and 45% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Phil Entrance-Based Programmes:
- Commerce: Candidates should have a minimum of 55% of marks in M.Com. / MIB/MHROD / MFC /MBA examination for the admission to M.Phil programme.
- Economics: Candidates must have 55% marks in Master‘s degree in Economics, or any of such subjects Business Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, History and Engineering from the University of Delhi.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD. Entrance-Based Programmes:
- Business Economics: Candidates should secure 55% marks in M.Phil / Master‘s degree from the University of Delhi or any other recognized University in Economics/Environmental Studies/Commerce/Management.
- Commerce: Candidates must have 55% marks s in M.Com./ M.Phil./ MBA /MIB /MHROD / MFC /MBA (IB)/MBA (HRD), from a recognized University.
DUET 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can download their DUET Admit Card 2023
from the official website of the NTA. Candidates must go through the given below points regarding admit card:
- Candidates have to download their admit card from the official website.
- Candidates are required to login with their registration number and password.
- Candidates must check the whole admit card carefully that there is no mistake.
- Admit card contains details such as candidate name, roll number, exam centre, exam date and time, test centre address.
- Candidates must take the print out of their admit card for examination.
DUET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the DUET 2023 Exam Pattern for UG, PG, and M.Phil/Ph.D. which is mentioned below so that they have an idea about the exam paper structure:
Delhi University Entrance Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration||120 Minutes (2 Hours)|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Number Of Questions||400|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark for each wrong answer|
Check the given below table related to section-wise marks distribution for PG courses:
|Reasoning & General Awareness||30 |
|Teaching Aptitude & Sensitivity Towards Disability||10|
|Subject Knowledge up to class 10th level in Hindi, English, Social Science, Mathematics &|
DUET 2023 Syllabus
Syllabus for UG Courses
|Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports (B.Sc.[PE, HE&S])||The Syllabus of Health, Physical Education and Sports (Class XII 2019-20 CBSE) and General Knowledge|
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Multimedia and Mass Communication ||General Awareness, Media Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, and Grammatical and Analytical Skills|
|Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism ||General Awareness, Media, Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Grammatical and Analytical Skills, Logical Reasoning and Basic Mathematics Skills|
|B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation)|| Mathematics, Reasoning, and Analytical abilities at 10+2 levels|
|B.A. Hons. (Humanities and Social Sciences)||General Awareness, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Communication skills (English/Hindi), Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability at class 12|
Syllabus for PG Courses
|MA/M.Com/M.Sc||B.A. / B.Com. / B.Sc. syllabus of the University of Delhi|
|M.Phil./Ph.D||M.A./M.Com/M.Sc. (or equivalent) syllabus of the University of Delhi|
DUET 2023 Preparation Tips
Before start preparing for the exam, candidates can refer to the DUET 2023 preparation tips given below to score good marks in the exam:
- Candidates must check the syllabus, exam format, and marking scheme of DUET before starting their exam preparation.
- Candidates must start their preparation early so that they can get enough time for the revision.
- Prepare notes and go through these notes every day to refresh your memory and remember the studied topics.
- Candidates should fix their weekly targets and try to achieve them and calculate their success weekly and try to improve themselves every week.
- Candidates must solve all the question papers of previous years and also the sample question papers. This would help the candidate to have an idea about the pattern of examination.
- Applicants should refer to the standard books for study material.
Participating Institute of DUET 2023
- Aryabhatta College
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- College of Vocational Studies
- Gargi College
- Lakshmibai College
- Maharaja Agarasen College
- Shivaji College
- Sri Guru Gobind College of Commerce
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
- Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa Colleg
- DeenDayal Upadhyaya College
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya
- Ram Lal Anand College
- Ramanujan College
- Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Cluster Innovation Centre
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya
- Institute of Home Economics
- Jesus and Mary College
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Mata Sundri College for Women
- Miranda House
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences
- Delhi School of Journalism
- Faculty of Music and Fine Arts
Courses Offered for UG, PG, and M.Phil/PhD
Candidates can check the table of courses offered through the DUET entrance exam:
|Name of Faculty||Name of Course|
|Courses for UG Merit Based Programmes|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A. Prog., B.A Vocational Studies, B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic,|
Bengali, English, French, German, Italian, Hindi, Persian,
Philosophy, Psychology, Applied Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit,
Spanish, and Urdu
|Faculty of Social Sciences||B.A. (Hons.) in Economics, Geography, History, Political|
Sciences, Social Work, and Sociology
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities||B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism, B.Voc. in Health|
Care Management, Retail Management & IT, Web Designing,
Printing Technology, Banking Operations
|Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies||B.Com. (Hons) and B.Com|
|Faculty of Mathematical Sciences||B.Sc. in Mathematical Sciences, B. Sc (Hons) in Mathematics/Statistics, B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Science|
|Faculty of Sciences/ InterDisciplinary and Applied Sciences||B.Sc.(Hons.) in Anthropology/Biological Sciences/Botany/Microbiology/Zoology|
B.Sc.(Hons.) in Chemistry/Physics/Polymer Science
B.Sc.(Hons.) Electronics/Instrumentation/Geology/Food Technology/Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Medical Science/ Home Science.
B.Sc.(Prog) Applied Physical Sciences/Physical Science (Computer Science)/Physical Science (Chemistry)/ Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry/Physical Science with
Electronics, Applied Life Sciences/ Life Sciences, Bachelor of Science (Pass) - Home Science
|Courses for UG Entrance Based Programmes|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities|
B.A. (Honours) Business Economics
Bachelor of Management Studies
Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial
|Cluster Innovation Centre|
B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
B.A. (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences
|Faculty of Education|
Bachelors in Elementary Education
|Faculty of Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences|
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports
|Indraprastha College for Women|
B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication
|Faculty of Music and Fine Arts|
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindustani MusicVocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Karnatak MusicVocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
|Faculty of Social Sciences|
Five Year Integrated Prog in Journalism in Delhi School
of Journalism (in English and Hindi)
Courses offered for PG Programmes
B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation)
B.Ed. Special Education (Visual Impairment)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Bachelor of Physical Education
|Master of Art (Both Merit and Entrance Based)|
M.A. (Hindustani Music) Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar / Sarod / Guitar / Violin / Santoor)
M.A. Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
M.A. (Karnataka Music) Vocal/Instrumental
M.A. in Applied Psychology
M.A. Buddhist Studies (Entrance Based Only)
M.A. Comparative Indian Literature
M.A. East Asian Studies (Entrance Based only)
M.A. French Studies
M.A. German Studies
M.A. Hispanic Studies
M.A. Italian Studies
M.A. Japanese (Entrance Based only)
M.A. Lifelong Learning & Extension (Entrance Based only)
M.A. Linguistics (Entrance Based only)
M.C.A (Entrance based only)
|Master of Science|
M.Sc. Computer Science
M.Sc. Fabric & Apparel Science
M.Sc. Food & Nutrition
M.Sc. Forensic Science (Entrance Based only)
M.Sc. Genetics (Entrance Based only)
Courses offered for PhD. Programs
Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, Germanic &
Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information
Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages &
Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology,
Punjabi, Sanskrit, Slavonic &Finno – Ugrian Studies,
|Applied Social Sciences and|
|Commerce & Business Studies|
Commerce, Financial Studies
|Interdisciplinary & Applied|
Biophysics, Genetics, Bio-Chemistry, Plant Molecular
Biology & Biotechnology, Electronics, Microbiology,
Physical Education and Sports Sciences
|Institute of Information of &|
Institute of Informatics and communication
|Music & Fine Arts|
Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics, Computer
Adult Continuing Education and Extension, Political
Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography,
Social Work, East Asian Studies, African Studies
Anthropology, Botany, Physics & Astrophysics, Chemistry,
Geology, Zoology, Environmental Studies, Dr B.R.
Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research (ACBR), Home
|Courses offered for M.Phil Programmes|
Germanic & Romance Studies
Library & Information Science
Modern Indian Languages and Literary
Studies/ Comparative Indian Literature
Slavonic &Finno – Ugrian Studies
|Commerce & Business|
|Inter-Disciplinary & Applied Sciences |
|Music & Fine Arts|
Adult Continuing Education and Extension
DUET 2023 Exam Centres
Candidates can check the given mentioned list of DUET Exam centres 2023:
- Delhi (NCR)
DUET 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the basic information fo the DUET 2023 exam in the given mentioned table:
|Exam Name||DUET 2023|
|Full Name||Delhi University Entrance Test |
|Conducted Body||National Test Agency (NTA)|
|Courses||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Master in Philosophy/ Doctor of Philosophy|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|DUET Official Website|
|Exam Aim||To offer admission in various UG, PG, and M.Phil or PhD courses|
About National Test Agency
National Test Agency is a government agency that has been established in 2017 to conduct entrance exams for higher education institutes. It has been approved by the Union Council of Minister. Vineet Joshi is appointed as the first director-general of the agency. NTA office is in Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh. NTA conducts the Various exam to offer admission in engineering, medical, pharmacy, management, Delhi University, and college or university teaching and fellowship.
Very good articles here, that's why you came here and read.
Where the application form is it is not appearing in application process ??
If i scored good marks in mca entrance it will be an counselling session for choosing colleges but my certificate is in hyderabad nd im in delhi govt will give permission for chossing college or not ? I wanna help about it?
can I fill DUET form for bsc also
Where is the application form of duet 2021??