GATE COAP 2022 Registration has been started. GATE COAP 2022 stands for Common Offer Acceptance Portal is the counselling process that is held at the national level conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, for admission in post-graduation in engineering courses in IITs. Authority will allot the seat based on merit and the choice filled by the candidate. COAP is the portal where applicants will see their GATE result of seat allotment made by the college in which they applied.
COAP 2022 is made up of 22 institutes, including numerous IITs and IISc Bangalore. Following the announcement of the results, GATE COAP 2022 enrollment will begin in the last week of March tentatively after the results are released.
GATE COAP 2022 Status
Candidates can check the GATE COAP 2022 status from the below table:
GATE Common Offer Acceptance Portal 2022 Status
- GATE COAP 2022 Online Registration has been started on 20 March 2022. Candidates can apply here--- Apply Now.
GATE COAP 2022 Important Dates
Candidates must check the given below table of GATE COAP 2022 Important Dates for additional rounds:
GATE COAP 2022 Schedule Tentative
|Accept & Freeze||Retain & Wait||Reject & Wait|
|COAP Registration||20 March 2022||--||--||--|
|Round 1 Counselling||20-22 May 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 2 Counselling||27-29 May 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 3 Counselling||03-05 June 2022||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|Round 4 Counselling||10-12 June 2022||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|Round 5 Counselling||17-19 June 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
- No, if you've used Retain & Wait twice on the same deal. The identical offer is for a program "XYZ" at a specific Institute "ABC."
- Accept & Freeze (ii) Retain & Wait (iii) Reject & Wait will be available in Rounds 1-4.
- Because Round 5 is a Decisive Round, candidates will only have the options of 'Accept and Freeze' or 'Reject.'
GATE COAP Counseling Dates for Additional Rounds (Tentative)
|Accept & Freeze||Retain & Wait||Reject & Wait|
|Round – A||24-25 June 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round – B||30 June-01 July 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round – C||06-07 July 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round – D||12-13 July 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round – E||18-19 July 2022||Yes||No||Yes*|
- Applicants may be required to participate in spot rounds, which may be conducted online or offline and are specific to the institutes.
- There may be a few more extra rounds from the participating institutes, depending on the vacancy status and admission date.
- Additional Rounds A, B, C, and D are all separate rounds that are treated as if they were Decisive Rounds. In these rounds, candidates will only have the options of 'Accept and Freeze' or 'Reject.'
GATE COAP 2022
Seats are offered under COAP 2022 depending on GATE scores, cutoffs, and preferences filled. A total of five rounds of counselling are held, with extra rounds scheduled if seats become available. Applicants who choose to accept the seats must finish the process by logging onto the institute portal, paying the required fees, and submitting the required documentation. Applicants, on the other hand, have three options: accept and freeze, reject, or keep. They can proceed with the operation by selecting one of them.
Candidates must go through the given below article concerned with all the important information regarding GATE COAP 2022.
GATE COAP 2022 Registration Process
IIT Bombay has started the GATE COAP 2022 registration process on the COAP official website. COAP counselling process is mainly conducted in three stages - online registration, online seat allotment, and admission into allotted institutes. These three stages are briefly explained below:
Step 1: Online registration
- Only the GATE 2022 qualified candidates can apply for online counselling.
- After successful registration, candidates have to pay the fee.
- Fee submission confirms the candidate’s registration. After fee payment, candidates have to fill their preferred programs and institutes.
Step 2: Online seat allotment
- After the complete online registration, seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their GATE merit list after the various rounds of seat allotment.
- Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, he/ she have to visit the allotted institute for the payment of the course fee.
Step 3: Admission into Allotted Institutes
- The candidate is advised to bring the original documents along with them at the allotted institutes.
- The candidate will be issued a provisional admission letter after the verification of the original documents and fee payment.
- After all, these formalities candidate must confirm their admission.
- Confirmation of the allotted seat is important because if the seat is not confirmed, the institute can allot it to some other candidate.
GATE COAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure their GATE COAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria before filling the form. Given below are all important points of eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must possess the citizenship of India.
- Must clear the GATE entrance with a valid score.
- Passing Year: Applicants who pass the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) in the year of 2019, 2020 or 2021 are eligible for GATE COAP.
How to Check Admission Offer through GATE COAP 2022?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check admission offer through GATE COAP 2022:
- Step 1: Visit the official COAP 2022 Portal coap.iitm.ac.in
- Step 2: Enter login credentials to log in to your account.
- Step 3: Click of the take displaying "Seat Allotment"
- Step 4: Now the institute-wise seat allotments list will appear on the screen and now candidates can confirm their seat by choosing Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject and Wait.
Meaning of Option Provided in GATE COAP 2022 Counselling
Option 1- Accept and Freeze
- The candidate can use this option if he/she is willing to accept the available offers and is not interested in upgrading to higher preferences incoming rounds.
- Once the candidates will select this option, he or she will not be considered for admission in the subsequent rounds.
- After choosing the 'Accept and Freeze' option, candidates should click the submit button to confirm the submission of his/her decision. After which candidates can visit the respective Academic Institute's Admission Portal and follow the procedure as instructed by the respective institute's website.
Option 2- Retain and Wait
- Candidates can select this option if she/she is partially accepting any one of the available offers and can be considered for upgrading to the candidate's higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round of offers.
- If a candidate selects this option, then he/she will not be considered for the other rejected offers in the same round.
- If in any case, any higher preferred offer is made in the next round of counseling then the existing 'Retain and Wait' offer will be canceled. A candidate can choose “Retain and Wait” on the same offer only two times(same institute and same program).
- Candidates will be considered for other higher preferences in the subsequent round(s) of admission offered in the Institutes.
- After choosing the 'Retain and Wait' option, candidates have to click submit to confirm the submission of the decision.
Option 3- Reject and Wait
- The candidate can select this option if he/she is not willing to accept any of the provided offers for admission in the current round.
- In the subsequent round(s) of admission provided by participating in academic Institutes, candidates will be considered for other higher preferences. Candidates must note that the same offer will not appear in the subsequent rounds as he/she has rejected this offer. After selecting the 'Reject and Wait' option, candidates should click the submit button to confirm the submission of the decision.
GATE COAP 2022 Participating Institutes
Given below are the list of COAP 2022 Participating Institute:
- IISC Bangalore
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bombay
- IIT ISM Dhanbad
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
GATE COAP 2022 Highlights
Candidates can check below in the given table summary of GATE COAP 2022:
|Exam Name||GATE COAP or GATE Common Offer Acceptance Portal 2022|
|Conducting body||IITM or Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Application link||Apply Now|
What is COAP?
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) is a common platform for all the GATE-qualified candidates by which they can apply for admission into M.Tech programs in participating IITs. COAP is introduced for the fulfillment of vacant seats and to provide admission to many other deserving candidates. Before COAP, a number of M.Tech program seats remain vacant due to many reasons such as offers for a job from PSU, admission to other institutes. It is the platform for all the Participating Institutes uploaded by IITs to fill all the seats through a common time window. For taking admission provided by participating IITs, each candidate has to register at COAP in addition to applying for admission.
coap 2021 official website coap 2022 dates coap gate 2021 mtech counselling through gate 2021 coap round 3 cutoff 2021 coap 2022 gate 2021 counselling coap