GATE COAP 2020 Application form has been released on 19 March 2020. Those candidates who have score the valid marks in GATE 2018, 2019 or 2020 Exam are eligible to participate in GATE COAP Counselling 2020. Common Offer Acceptance Portal, COAP is the counselling process which is held at the national level for admission in post-graduation in engineering courses in IITs. Authority will allot the seat based on merit and the choice filled by the candidate. COAP is the portal where applicants will see their GATE result of seat allotment made by the college in which they applied. Candidates must go through the given below article concern with all the important information regarding COAP 2020.
GATE COAP 2020 Important Dates
Candidates must check the given below table of GATE COAP 2020 Important Dates:
COAP Important Dates
|Registration Starting Date
||19 March 2020
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 1 Dates
||13-14 May 2020
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 2 Dates
||20-21 May 2020
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 3 Dates
||27-28 May 2020
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 4 Dates
||03-04 June 2020
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 5 Dates
||10-11 June 2020
|COAP Seat Allotment Round for additional
||First-Second week of July 2020
Candidates can download COAP 2020 Information Brochure PDF.
What is COAP?
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) is a common platform for all the GATE qualified candidates by which they can apply for admission into M.Tech programs in participating IITs. COAP is introduced for the fulfilment of vacant seats and to provide admission to many other deserving candidates. Before COAP, a number of M.Tech program seats remain vacant due to many reasons such as offers for a job from PSU, admission to other institutes. It is the platform for all the Participating Institutes uploaded by IITs to fill all the seats through a common time window. For taking admission provided by participating IITs, each candidate has to register at COAP in addition to applying for admission.
GATE COAP 2020 Registration Process
IIT Delhi has started the GATE COAP 2020 registration process from 19 March 2020 on the COAP official website. COAP counselling process is mainly conducted in three stages - online registration, online seat allotment, and admission into allotted institutes. These three stages are briefly explained below:
Step 1: Online registration
- Only the GATE 2020 qualified candidates can apply online for GATE 2020 counselling.
- After successful registration, candidates have to pay the GATE 2020 counselling fee.
- Fee submission confirms the candidate’s registration. After fee payment, candidates have to fill their preferred programs and institutes.
Step 2: Online seat allotment
- After the complete online registration, seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their GATE merit list after the various rounds of seat allotment.
- Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, he/ she have to visit the allotted institute for the payment of course fee.
Step 3: Admission into Allotted Institutes
- Candidate are advised to bring the original documents along with them at the allotted institutes.
- Candidate will be issued a provisional admission letter after the verification of the original documents and fee payment.
- After all these formalities candidate must confirm their admission.
- Confirmation of the allotted seat is important because if the seat is not confirmed, the institute can allot it to some other candidate.
GATE COAP 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure their GATE COAP 2020 Eligibility Criteria before filling the form. Given below are all important points of eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must possess the citizenship of India.
- Must clear the GATE entrance with the valid score.
- Passing Year: Applicants who pass the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) in the year of 2018, 2019, or 2020 are eligible for GATE COAP.
How to Check Admission Offer through GATE COAP 2020?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check admission offer through GATE COAP 2020:
- Step 1: Visit the official COAP 2020 Portal coap.iitm.ac.in
- Step 2: Enter login credentials to log in to account.
- Step 3: Click of the take displaying "Seat Allotment"
- Step 4: Now the institute wise seat allotments list will appear on screen and now candidates can confirm their seat by choosing Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject and Wait.
Meaning of Option Provided in GATE COAP Counselling
Option 1- Accept and Freeze
- Candidate can use this option if he/she is willing to accept the available offers and is not interested in upgrading to higher preferences incoming rounds.
- Once the candidates will select this option, he or she will not be considered for admission in the subsequent rounds.
- After choosing the 'Accept and Freeze' option, candidates should click the submit button to confirm the submission of his/her decision. After which candidates can visit the respective Academic Institute's Admission Portal and follow the procedure as per the instructed by the respective institute's website.
Option 2- Retain and Wait
- Candidates can select this option if she/she is partially accepting any one of the available offers and can be considered for upgrading to the candidate's higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round of offers.
- If a candidate selects this option, then he/she will not be considered for the other rejected offers in the same round.
- If in any case, any higher preferred offer is made in the next round of counselling then the existing 'Retain and Wait' offer will be cancelled. A candidate can choose “Retain and Wait” on the same offer only two times(same institute and same program).
- Candidates will be considered for other higher preferences in the subsequent round(s) of admission offered in the Institutes.
- After choosing the 'Retain and Wait' option, candidates have to click submit to confirm the submission of decision.
Option 3- Reject and Wait
- Candidate can select this option if he/she is not willing to accept any of the provided offer for admission in the current round.
- In the subsequent round(s) of admission provided by participating in academic Institutes, candidates will be considered for other higher preferences. Candidates must note that the same offer will not appear in the subsequent rounds as he/she has rejected this offer. After selecting 'Reject and Wait' option, candidates should click the submit button to confirm the submission of decision.
GATE COAP 2020 Participating Institutes
Given below are the list of COAP 2020 Participating Institute:
- IISC Bangalore
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bombay
- IIT ISM Dhanbad
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore