IIST 2021 Application form will be released in the 1st week of June 2021 for UG courses and for PG courses from 1st week of April 2021. IIST 2021 is also known as the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology which offers admission in various undergraduate, post-graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral programs. All ISAT sittings from Cycle 3 onwards are scheduled to take place in test centres only.
All involved candidates will be updated accordingly if any specifics change before the start of the testing. Candidates are not allowed to book an ISAT remote proctored test seat unless the ISAT office has already instructed them to do so closer to the beginning of the tests. The admission will be based on the GATE score that is valid. IIST is situated at Valiamala in Thiruvananthapuram. Candidate can read the below-given article to know more about IIST 2021.
IIST 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check IIST status from below:
No official notification has been released by the conducting authority.
IIST 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can get important dates and events related to IIST 2021 from the given table:
For UG Courses:
IIST 2021 Important Dates
|Starting of application form||1st week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd week of June 2021|
|Publication of rank list||3rd week of June 2021|
|Seat allotment||4th week of June 2021|
|Commencement of classes||Last week of July 2021|
For PG Courses:
|Starting of application form||2nd week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit applications||Last week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit application fee||1st week of May 2021|
|Display of list for interview||2nd week of May 2021|
|Interview||Last week of May 2021|
|Interview result||2nd week of June 2021|
|Commencement of classes||2nd week of August 2021|
IIST 2021 Application Form
IIST 2021 application form will be available from June 2021. Until filling out the IIST application form, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements.
IIST 2021 Application Fee
Provided the information of the category wise fee as per the previous year below.
Registration Fee for IIST 2021(M.Tech & M.SC)
General, OBC and EWS candidates
who are male candidates
Candidates for SC, ST, PD and women(up
to three preferences (within or across all departments)
|General, OBC and EWS candidates who are male( for four to a maximum of six preferences)||Rs. 1200/-|
Candidates for SC, ST, PD
and women(for four to a maximum of six preferences)
Application Fee once submitted will not be refunded under any case.
Mode of Payment
Candidate can pay the application fee through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
IIST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must check ISAT 2021 Eligibility before filling the IIST 2021 Application form. Given below the eligibility criteria for ISAT.
Candidates must be born on or before 1st October 1993 for General and OBC, and candidates who belong to SC, ST, and PD category must be born on or before 1st October 1988.
The Candidates must have secured 75% ( for general category candidate) in their 10+2 board exam from any recognized board. Relaxation of 10% will be given to the candidate belonging to SC, ST, and PD. For the calculation of aggregate points, the five subjects listed below will be considered.
Any subject related to language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, the language with the higher marks will be taken into account)
Any topic other than the four above (the topic with the highest marks would be considered)
Criteria based on Jee(Advanced)
Candidate must have appeared for the JEE (Advance) and should have secured minimum qualification criteria as mentioned below-
Maximum aggregate marks should be 20 per cent for the general category and minimum aggregate marks should be 5% for each subject, i.e. Physics, Maths, and Chemistry.
- For OBC, maximum aggregate marks should be 18% and minimum aggregate marks will be 4.5 in three subjects i.e Physics, chemistry, and Maths
- For SC, ST and PD maximum aggregate marks should be 10% and minimum aggregate marks will be 2.5% in each subject i.e Physics, chemistry, and maths.
For M.Tech & M.SC Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit: 32 years from the last submission date. As per Government of India Orders, age relaxation applies to the SC/ST/Persons with disability (PD) group.
- No age relaxation for OBC/women and EWS candidates
- Seeking candidates should have passed B.E./B.Tech./Master of Science or equivalent degree with a
minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.50 out of 10 for General / EWS & OBC category and a minimum of 55%
marks or CGPA 6.00 out of 10 for SC/ST&PD category.
Reservation of Seats
Given below the reservation of seats for different categories:
|Category||Seats in %|
IIST 2021 Counselling
IIST Admission 2021 Counselling will be started for PG courses and will be issued for UG (Seat Allotment) from June 2021. Candidates for PG courses will be called for counselling on the basis of the interview results, while candidates for UG courses will be called on the basis of a merit list. Candidates have to download their letter of counselling. Candidates will select their branch according to their preference of courses available at the university during the IIST counselling process. Counselling will take place online, but applicants need to visit the counselling location for the counselling process. Candidates can check their qualifications for ISAT 2020 and can further apply for counselling sessions.
- Candidates should be present at the time of a session, anyone parent should accompany them.
- They must have the admit card at the time of the counselling session.
IIST 2021 Documents Required
Candidates who have qualified for ISAT 2020 must bear the therapy documents referred to above.
- Original Counselling letter with a photocopy of the letter.
- Original Admit Card with a photocopy of Admit card.
- 10th and 12th mark sheets original and 2 photocopies of each.
- Passport size photos
- Community certificate(GEN/OBS/SC/ST) signed by the authorized authority.
IIST 2021 Courses Offered
The courses offered by IIST for UG and PG.
|B.Tech Aerospace Engineering||4 yrs||60|
|B.Tech in Avionics||4 yrs||60|
- M.Tech(Thermal and Propulsion)
- M.Tech(Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics)
- M.Tech(Structure and Design) Avionics
- M.Tech(RF and Microwave engineering)
- M.Tech(Digital Signal Processing)
- M.Tech(VLSI and Microsystems)
- M.tech(Control Systems)
- M.tech(Power Electronics) Mathematics
- M.Tech(Machine Learning and Computing)
- M.Tech(Materials Science and Technology)
- M.Tech(Optical Engineering)
- M.Tech(Solid State Technology)Earth and Space Sciences
- M.S.(Astronomy and Astrophysics)
The 5-year Dual degree course provided, B.Tech in Engineering Physics and M.Tech/M.s in anyone of the following streams chosen by the candidates.
- M.S. in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.S. in Earth System Science
- M..S in Solid State Physics
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
IIST 2021 Highlights
For updates given below, candidates can review the following highlights:
|Exam Name||IIST 2021|
|Organizing Authority||IIST(Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Examination Frequency||Once in a year|
|Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|IIST official website||https://www.iist.ac.in/|
|Application Link||Releasing Soon|
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is a government-aided institute and deemed university for the study and research of space science, located at Valiamala, Kerala. It is the first university in Asia to be solely dedicated to the study and research of space.
IIST offers undergraduate (BTech), master's (MTech) and PhD programs in space science and technology, and also serves as a research centre. They also offer graduate programmes in basic sciences and post-doctoral programmes.IIST provides its B.Tech with 140 seats for programmes in aerospace engineering, avionics and engineering physics.