KSET 2020 exam will be conducted by Moulya Bhavan, the University of Mysore in pen-paper offline mode. Qualified candidates will get a post of Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) in various universities/ colleges/ Institutions (Government/Aided/Private) in Karnataka State. Applicants must check their KSET eligibility criteria before applying for the exam, to know they are eligible for the entrance exam or not. Candidates should go through the article concern with the KSET 2020 eligibility criteria.
KSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must ensure their KSET Eligibility 2020 before start filling the online application form. Check all the relevant points of eligibility criteria:
KSET Educational Qualification
- Candidates are required to secure minimum marks in qualify examination equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
- Minimum qualifying marks for general category is 55%(without round off) and 50% marks for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master's Degree (Final Year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master's degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC,ST, OBC [Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB]and PWD candidates) within two from the date of KSET result failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates can only appear for those subject, which they studied in master degree.
- In case, candidates not find the respective subject they may appear for UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET entrance exam.
- Those who have PhD degree and whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991, shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates other than general category have to submit their category certificate and also mention in the application form.
- Category certificate must be issued by official authority on or before the last date of online application form submission.
- In case the candidate found ineligible due to invalid or wrong certificate, the authority will cancel their admission at any stage without prior notice and they shall be liable for legal action.
- All those candidates who belong to OBC but their state is other than Karnataka, should belong to General Merit only.
- Candidates who not clear their previous KSET exam, will not allow appearing for the same subject(candidates can appear for the exam but for the different subject).
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should be equivalent of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
KSET Age Limit Criteria
candidates are free of upper age limit criteria as the entrance exam has no upper age limit.
- KSET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions of Higher education (Government/Aided/Private) in Karnataka State.
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India for time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from KSET examination.
- The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in KSET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/ Colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.