KSET 2020 exam which was scheduled to be held on 21 June 2020 has now been postponed again due to COVID-19 outbreak. The exam will be conducted by Moulya Bhavan, the University of Mysore in pen-paper offline mode. Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is a state-level entrance exam which is held once in a year to enrol the candidates for Lecturer and Assistant Professorship post. Qualified candidates will get a post of Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) in various universities/ colleges/ Institutions (Government/Aided/Private) in Karnataka State. Aspirants who are applying for this post must submit the application form before the last date of application. Candidates should go through the article concern with the KSET 2020 entrance test.
Latest Update KSET 2020
- KSET 2020 exam date has been postponed again.
KSET 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important KSET 2020 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|Online Application starts||03 February 2020|
|Last Date for Submitting||06 March 2020|
|Correction in the Application form ||10 & 11 March 2020|
|Last date to apply online with late fee||extended up to 06 Jun 2020|
|Download application form||On or before 06 June 2020|
|Admit Card Available||On or before 06 June 2020|
|KSET 2020 Exam||21 June 2020|
|Answer key release||will be announced soon|
|Result Release||will be announced soon|
KSET 2020 Application Form
KSET Application Form 2020 was released on 03 February 2020. The last date to submit the online KSET application form was 06 March 2020. Candidates could fill the KSET online Application Form 2020 on the official website of the authority. Go through the given mentioned points of Karnataka SET registration:
- Interested applicants apply on the official website of the authorised body.
- Candidates needed to upload the scanned copy of photograph before filling the form in the prescribed format.
- A valid email ID and password was asked for registration.
- The application fee was paid through online and offline mode both.
- Candidates should take the print out of their filled application form after two working days on the website.
- Must submit the hardcopy of the KSET online application form along with e-challan or receipt generated through the web, SSLC marks card, caste certificate, Degree mark sheet.
- If in case candidates miss out on the last date of registration, they can submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 25 May 2020.
KSET 2020 Application Fees
Applicants should check the given details of category wise KSET 2020 Application Fees form the table:
KSET Registration Fee 2020
|General Category||Rs. 1050/-|
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB ||Rs. 850/-|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD||Rs. 550/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can make payment through both online and offline mode-
- Online Mode: Via using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or State bank Buddy e-Wallet payment.
- Offline Mode: Cash payment can be done by clicking SBI branch, challan can be generated online and payment can be made at all the SBI branches PAN India.
KSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must ensure their KSET Eligibility 2020 before start filling the online application form. Check all the relevant points of eligibility criteria:
- Must secure 55% marks for general category and 50% marks for all reserved category in the qualifying examination.
- Should have a degree of master's or any other equivalent degree which is issued from the university or institute recognized by UGC Delhi.
- Candidates should appear for KSET in their relevant subject of post-graduation only.
- If candidates didn't find the subject of their post-graduation, they may appear in UGC NET or CSIR UGC NET exam.
- There are upper age limit criteria to appear for the exam.
Note: Candidates pursuing a Master’s Degree /appeared in the final year must produce their passing certificate within 2 years from the date of publication of KSET 2020 results.
KSET 2020 Exemption
The following candidates are not needed to appear in KSET:
- NET/SET/SLET qualified candidates are exempted under UGC governance.
- SET qualified aspirants before 01 June 2002 are also exempted from KSET.
- Candidates who qualified in the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 are exempted from KSET.
- Candidates who have obtained eligibility in previous KSETs are ineligible to appear in KSET
KSET 2020 Admit Card
Those who have applied for KSET 2020 can check the important information regarding the KSET admit card from the points given below:
- Candidates who have already paid the fee before 11 March 2020 can download the admission card before 28 May 2020
- The authority will issue the KSET Hall ticket online on the KSET official website.
- It is mandatory to download the admit card and carry the same to the exam hall for verification purpose.
- Must keep it safe untill the admission process gets over.
KSET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the information about the KSET 2020 Exam Pattern from the given below table to get an idea about the question paper structure:
KSET Paper Pattern 2020
|Exam Mode||Pen-Paper Based Test i.e. Offline mode|
|Duration||180 minutes (three hours)|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Number of Question||150|
+2 marks with each correct answer
-1 marks with each wrong answer
Paper wise distribution of marks and number of question in the question paper:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|Paper 1||100||50||1 Hour (09:30 AM to 10:30 AM) |
|Paper 2||200||100||2 Hours (11:00 AM to 01:00 PM) |
KSET Syllabus 2020
KSET Syllabus 2020 will be the same as in UGC/CSIR-NET. Given below are some important topics from which questions are generally asked in KSET entrance exam:
- Reasoning ability
- Divergent thinking
- General awareness
- State geographical
- Technological knowledge
- General Paper
- Political Science
- Tourism Administration
- Library & Information Science
- Mass Communication & Journalism
- Physical Education
- Folk Literature
- Public Administration
- Computer Science & Applications
- Physical Science
- Mathematical Science
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Environmental Science
- Home Science
- Social Work
- Electronic Science
- Earth Science
- Women Studies
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
KSET 2020 Answer Key
KSET Answer keys are released by the University of Mysore (KSET Center) at the official website after the exam.
- The candidates can calculate the estimated score with the help of answer key.
- Candidates who find discrepancies in the provisional answer keys can raise objections against the same.
- However, such challenges must be backed by appropriate academic evidence and candidates must also ensure that they submit objections through links provided in the official website within due schedule only.
- Once the objection window is closed, the KSET final answer keys are released after evaluating the validity of the objections and rectifying any mistakes in the provisional answer keys.
KSET 2020 Result
Moulay Bhavan, University of Mysore will release the KSET Result 2020 after the completion of the State Eligibility Test (SET). Further information about the KSET result in 2020 is mentioned hereby:
- The result will be announced in January 2021 tentatively.
- Candidates can download the K-SET result from the official website of KSET.
- The authority will not send the scorecard to an individual via post or any other medium.
Procedure and Criteria for declaration of KSET 2020 Result
Certain steps will be considered while evaluating the Karnataka SET result 2020:
- Step 1: The number of candidates qualified (total slots) for Assistant Professors should be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of KSET 2020.
- Step 2: The total slots arrived, again will be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of Karnataka.
- Step 3: In order to be considered for ‘Eligibility for Assistant Professor’, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% marks in aggregate in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks for reserved categories (Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD) (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer).
KSET 2020 Test Centres
Karnataka State Eligibility Test is conducted at the following KSET 2020 Test Centres:
KSET 2020 Highlights (Basic Information)
Candidates can check the overview of the Karnataka SET 2020 examination from the table below:
|Exam Name||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||University of Mysore|
|KSET Official Website||http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in/index.php|
|Exam Purpose||To enrol candidates for the post of Lecturer and Assistant Professorship in the Colleges/Universities of Karnataka State.|
About University of Mysore
The University of Mysore
is a state university located in Mysore, Karnataka, India. The university was established on 27 July 1916 and its first chancellor was the Maharaja of Mysore. The Mysore University is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act and became autonomous on 03 March 1956. As of July 2013, the University of Mysore was accredited "Grade A" by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).