KSET 2022 or Karnataka State Eligibility Test Notification will be released online. The University of Mysore is the Nodal Agency for conducting the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for Assistant Professor. KSET 2022 is a state-level entrance exam that is held once a year to enroll the candidates for Lecturer and Assistant Professorship posts. Qualified candidates will get a post of Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) in various universities/ colleges/ Institutions (Government/Aided/Private) in Karnataka State. Candidates should go through the article concerned with the KSET 2022 entrance test.
KSET 2022 Exam Status
Candidates can check the KSET 2022 exam status from the below table:
Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2022 Status
|To be Announced|
|KSET 2022 Brochure||To be Announced|
KSET 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can check here all the important KSET 2022 dates for the application form in the given table below:
KSET 2022 Dates
|Events||Dates (Tentative) |
|The application form will begin from||March 2022|
|The application will end on||April 2022|
|The last date submit the form with late fee||April 2022|
|Admit Card||2nd week of May 2022|
|KSET 2022 exam date||3rd week of May 2022|
|Final answer key ||3rd week of May 2022|
|Result date||Last week of May 2022|
KSET 2022 Result
Moulay Bhavan, University of Mysore will release the KSET Result 2022 after the completion of the State Eligibility Test (SET). Further information about the KSET result in 2022 is mentioned hereby:
- Candidates can download the K-SET result from the official website of KSET.
- The authority will not send the scorecard to an individual via post or any other medium.
Procedure and Criteria for declaration of KSET 2022 Result
Certain steps will be considered while evaluating the Karnataka SET result 2022:
- Step 1: The number of candidates qualified (total slots) for Assistant Professors should be equal to 6% of the candidates who appeared in both the papers of KSET 2022.
- Step 2: The total slots arrived, again will be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of the Government of Karnataka.
- Step 3: In order to be considered for ‘Eligibility for Assistant Professor’, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% marks in aggregate in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks for reserved categories (Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD) (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer).
KSET 2022 Answer Key
KSET Answer keys are released by the University of Mysore (KSET Center) on the official website after the exam.
- The candidates can calculate the estimated score with the help of the answer key.
- Candidates who find discrepancies in the provisional answer keys can raise objections against the same.
- However, such challenges must be backed by appropriate academic evidence and candidates must also ensure that they submit objections through links provided on the official website within due schedule only.
- Once the objection window is closed, the KSET final answer keys are released after evaluating the validity of the objections and rectifying any mistakes in the provisional answer keys.
KSET 2022 Application Form
KSET Application Form 2022 was released on 08 February 2022. Candidates could fill the KSET online Application Form 2022 on the official website of the authority. Go through the given mentioned points of Karnataka SET registration:
- Interested applicants apply on the official website of the authorized body.
- Candidates needed to upload the scanned copy of the photograph before filling the form in the prescribed format.
- A valid email ID and password were asked for registration.
- The application fee was paid through both online and offline modes.
- Candidates should take the printout of their filled application form after two working days on the website.
- Must submit the hardcopy of the KSET online application form along with e-challan or receipt generated through the web, SSLC marks card, caste certificate, Degree mark sheet.
- If in case candidates miss out on the last date of registration, they can submit the application form with a late fee of Rs. 250/-.
KSET 2022 Application Fees
Applicants should check the given details of category wise KSET 2022 Application Fees from the table:
KSET Registration Fee 2022
|General Category||Rs. 1050/-|
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB ||Rs. 850/-|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD||Rs. 550/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can make payment through both online and offline mode-
- Online Mode: Via using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or State bank Buddy e-Wallet payment.
- Offline Mode: Cash payment can be done by clicking SBI branch, challan can be generated online and payment can be made at all the SBI branches PAN India.
KSET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must ensure their KSET Eligibility 2022 before start filling the online application form. Check all the relevant points of eligibility criteria:
- Must secure 55% marks for the general category and 50% marks for all reserved categories in the qualifying examination.
- Should have a degree of master's or any other equivalent degree which is issued from the university or institute recognized by UGC Delhi.
- Candidates should appear for KSET in their relevant subject of post-graduation only.
- If candidates didn't find the subject of their post-graduation, they may appear in UGC NET or CSIR UGC NET exam.
- There are upper age limit criteria to appear for the exam.
Note: Candidates pursuing a Master’s Degree/appeared in the final year must produce their passing certificate within 2 years from the date of publication of KSET 2022 results.
KSET 2022 Exemption
The following candidates are not needed to appear in KSET:
- NET/SET/SLET qualified candidates are exempted under UGC governance.
- SET-qualified aspirants before 01 June 2002 are also exempted from KSET.
- Candidates who qualified in the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 are exempted from KSET.
- Candidates who have obtained eligibility in previous KSETs are ineligible to appear in KSET.
KSET 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the information about the KSET 2022 Exam Pattern from the given below table to get an idea about the question paper structure:
KSET Paper Pattern 2022
|Exam Mode||Pen-Paper Based Test i.e. Offline mode|
|Duration||180 minutes (three hours)|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Number of Question||150|
+2 marks with each correct answer
-1 marks with each wrong answer
Paper wise distribution of marks and number of questions in the question paper:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|Paper 1||100||50||1 Hour (09:30 AM to 10:30 AM) |
|Paper 2||200||100||2 Hours (11:00 AM to 01:00 PM) |
KSET Syllabus 2022
KSET Syllabus 2022 will be the same as in UGC/CSIR-NET. Given below are some important topics from which questions are generally asked in the KSET entrance exam:
- Reasoning ability
- Divergent thinking
- General awareness
- State geographical
- Technological knowledge
- General Paper
- Political Science
- Tourism Administration
- Library & Information Science
- Mass Communication & Journalism
- Physical Education
- Folk Literature
- Public Administration
- Computer Science & Applications
- Physical Science
- Mathematical Science
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Environmental Science
- Home Science
- Social Work
- Electronic Science
- Earth Science
- Women Studies
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
KSET 2022 Admit Card
Those who have applied for KSET 2022 can check the important information regarding the KSET admit card 2022 from the points given below:
- Candidates who have already paid the fee can download the admit card.
- The authority will issue the KSET Hall ticket online on the KSET official website.
- It is mandatory to download the admit card and carry the same to the exam hall for verification purposes.
- Must keep it safe until the admission process gets over.
KSET 2022 Test Centres
Karnataka State Eligibility Test is conducted at the following KSET 2022 Test Centres:
KSET 2022 Highlights
Candidates can check the overview of the Karnataka SET 2022 examination from the table below:
|Exam Name||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||University of Mysore|
|KSET Official Website||http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in/index.php|
|Exam Purpose||To enrol candidates for the post of Lecturer and Assistant Professorship in the Colleges/Universities of Karnataka State.|
About University of Mysore
The University of Mysore
is a state university located in Mysore, Karnataka, India. The university was established on 27 July 1916 and its first chancellor was the Maharaja of Mysore. The Mysore University is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act and became autonomous on 03 March 1956. As of July 2013, the University of Mysore was accredited "Grade A" by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).