KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria is decided as per the guidelines set by the Government of India. The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a National Program of Fellowship in Basic Science funded by the Department of Science and Technology to help exceptionally highly talented students for making a career in Science and Research. To know more about the KVPY 2020 Eligibility, candidates can go through the content.
KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to apply for the KVPY 2020 must fulfil the Eligibility set for different streams. The application forms will get rejected if the candidates do not match the eligibility criteria. The detailed information is provided below-
Age Limit: There is no age limit fixed by the Govt of India to apply for the fellowship. Students can apply from class XI onwards.
Year of Appearance: Candidates those who are enrolled in class 11, class 12 or in the first year of the undergraduate program in Basic Sciences can apply for the KVPY fellowship.
Subjects Required: Candidates must have taken either Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology to join/ already pursuing courses such as B.sc/B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.S for the session 2020-21.
Minimum Percentage required: The KVPY Eligibility will be set as per the minimum percentage acquired according to different streams-
For Stream SA-
- Candidates have to score at least 75% marks for General category and 65% marks in case of the SC/ST/PWD in aggregate in Science & Mathematics subjects in Class 10.
- Candidates have to secure a minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science Subjects in class 12 Board Examination.
For Stream SX-
- Candidates pursuing 10+2 can apply under this stream. They must score a minimum of 60% in the 12th Board exam and 50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- For class 10, Candidates must secure a minimum of 75% marks while SC/ST/PwD candidates must score 65% in aggregate of all Science subjects and Mathematics.
For Stream SB-
- Candidates have to secure at least 60% marks in a general category (50% marks of SC/ST/PWD category) in aggregate in Science subjects in 10+2 Board Examination.
- Candidates have to obtain 60% marks in Unreserved/General Category while 50% Marks for reserved i.e. SC/ST/PWD category in the UG first year final examination of B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
KVPY 2020 Fellowships offered
There are two Scholarships offered in the KVPY Fellowship scheme in three streams namely- Stream SA, SX and SB.
- In-Stream SA, candidates can apply for the KVPY exam while pursuing class XI with Science subject.
- Stream SX includes candidates appearing/passed in class 12 with Basic Science in the academic year 2020-2020.
- Stream SB consists of candidates pursuing first year of Undergraduate program basic science during the academic session 2020-20.
Candidates can refer to the table below to get information regarding Fellowship and Annual Contingency Grant-
KVPY Scholarships offered
|Fellowship-Basic Sciences||Monthly fellowship amount||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB-during First three years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB- While pursuing M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
How to continue/ Renew the Fellowship?
If the Candidate(s) wishes to continue or renew his/her fellowship, they need to follow the given instructions-
- The candidate has to continue studying the Basic Science course in school/college/University.
- they need to maintain minimum marks as prescribed in the guidelines or a first-class. The passing percentage must be 60% for General and 50% for the SC/ST/PWD or equivalent grade points.
- Also, the candidates have to pass all the subjects mentioned for that particular academic year or two semesters( in case of semester system) and must obtain the above-specified percentage of marks.
- Candidates will also be reviewed on the basis of their course work where the grades/marks will be certified by the Dean or head of the institution.
- The fellowship will get inactive if the candidate fails to score above mentioned marks/grades.
- However, if the candidate manages to pass all the subjects and obtain greater than 60%(50% in case of SC/ST/PWD), the fellowship can get renewed from that year onwards with the condition that candidate has to score the aggregate marks as prescribed in the guidelines every year henceforth.
- The candidate is also eligible to receive KVPY fellowship up to Pre-PhD level or 5 years.
- The inactive fellowship can also be renewed if the candidate participates and shows satisfactory performance in the Summer Camp in the first year and summer every year.
- KVPY fellowship will stop if the candidate leaves the Basic Science(B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) at any stage. This is also applicable for the Annual Contingency Grant.
Subjects under Basic Science
The candidates under KVPY fellowship will only start if they pursue an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences(B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) in the following subjects-
|Cell Biology||Neurosciences||Marine Biology||Environmental Science|
|Biotechnology||Biomedical Sciences||Geology||Human Biology|