MP CPCT 2020 Syllabus is will be decided by the Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology, Bhopal. The exam is going to be conducted in the computer-based test(CBT) mode. The CPCT will be evaluated in two sections of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Typing Test in English & Hindi Languages. Candidate must be aware of the MP CPCT 2020 Syllabus for the preparation of the exam. The test applies to those who are applying for jobs including Clerical Grade – 3/Office Assistant/Data Entry Operators, etc. Candidate can read the below-given article to know more about MP CPCT 2020 Syllabus.
MP CPCT 2020 Syllabus
Candidate must be aware of the MP CPCT 2020 syllabus to prepare for the exam. Given below the detailed syllabus including sub-topics:
Familiarity with computer systems
- Awareness about different aspects regarding computer hardware such as generations and types of computers, printers, input and output devices and hardware components such as Central Processing Unit (CPU) like an arithmetic logic unit, control unit, memory unit; Universal Serial Bus (USB), Liquid Crystal Display(LCD), Motherboard, Sound Card, Graphics Card, and related concepts; Input Devices such keyboard, mouse, light pen, touch screens, graphics tablets, joystick, Microphone, Optical Character Reader, MICR, Scanner, digital or web camera, card reader, barcode reader, biometric sensor; Output Devices such as Monitor or visual display unit, printer (impact or non-impact), speaker, plotter; and Secondary Storage Devices such as USB Pen Drives, floppy disks, Compact Disk (CD), Digital Video Disk (DVD), Blue-Ray Disk, Solid State Drive, etc.
- Awareness regarding different aspects about computer software including software categories such as System Software, Application Software, Embedded Software, Proprietary Software, Open Source Software; Computer Languages such as Machine Level Language, Assembly Level Language, High-Level Language, Interpreter, Compiler; Operating Systems such as Windows and Linux, etc. and concepts of Memory Units such as Bit, Byte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte, etc.
Knowledge of Basic Computer Operations
- Awareness of generic steps required for setting up a computer, booting and shutting down, logging on and off to a network, determining an IP address, verifying physical connectivity to a network, installing and updating software packages, disabling applications from running on start-up, uninstalling software from computer, customizing desktop background, resizing windows, volume controls of computer, setting up a new printer or webcam or scanner or other peripheral devices, understanding of steps to protect computers from power disturbances and basic troubleshooting including power backups.
- Awareness of System Administration and Security concepts such as setting options and preferences in an Operating System; encryption of data; keeping personal data private and secure; creating strong passwords; changing passwords; checking a system for bugs, spyware or other malicious application through virus scanners;
Proficiency in general IT skills
- Word processing skills such as creating a document, using spellcheck, creating tables, working with headers or footers, mail merge, document formatting, etc. and common word processing related keyboard commands;
- Numeric Skills to deal with numbers and digits, using formulas, references, macros, tables, graphs through spreadsheets, and common keyboard commands for spreadsheets. Presentation skills for sharing and understanding data in the form of charts, graphs, and data.
- Internet skills such as using search engines effectively to get the best-desired result within a short time; uploading and downloading information from the Internet and usage of Internet applications such as web sites, browsers, blogs, and Internet services such as Email, video conferencing, Online Collaboration, etc.
- Ability to read and understand passages in English comprising questions regarding locating information, identifying relationships, interpreting ideas, moods, characteristics of characters, tone of the passage, and getting the central theme.
Mathematical & Reasoning Aptitude
- Reasoning Aptitude focusing on Verbal and Logical Reasoning focusing on deriving conclusions from logical premises or assess the validity of arguments based on a statement of facts.
- Indian History & Indian Geography, Indian Economy, Indian Constitution, Science & Technology, Trends in Current Affairs
MP CPCT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidate must know the exam pattern to prepare for the CPCT exam. Given below the MP CPCT 2020 Exam pattern:
MP CPCT 2020 Paper Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
150 minutes (2½ hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
MCQ (Objective) & Typing Test
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
English & Hindi
- English Typing – This typing test will be of 15 minutes. A mock test of 5 minutes will be provided before the actual test. The Mock score will not be included in the Score Card.
- Hindi Typing – This typing test will last for 15 minutes. A mock test of 10 minutes will be provided before the actual test. The Mock score will not be included in the Score Card.