TISSMAT 2023 Application Form will be released soon, by the conducting authority. TISSMAT is conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). TISS Management Aptitude Test is a national-level exam and will be held online (CBT mode). TISS MAT offers admissions into MA (HRM&LR) or MA (ODCL) programs. The TISS entrance exam will be held just after the TISSNET test. Candidates applying for Masters in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations program (HRM&LR) and Masters in Organization Development, Change, and Leadership (ODCL) courses have to appear for both TISSMAT as well as TISSNET examination. Interested candidates can go through the following article for more details about TISSMAT 2023.
- No official notification regarding TISSMAt 2023.
- TISSMAT/TISSNET result has been declared, by the conducting authority.
- TISSNET 2023 Registration has been ended. The last date to apply online is 07 Febraury 2022.
- TISSNET 2022 will be held on 26 February 2022.
- TISSMAT 2023 is also known as TISSNET 2023.
TISSMAT 2023 Important Dates
Following are the vital dates for session 2023 TISS MAT exam events which are still to be held:
17 December 2023
Online registration ends
|07 February 2023|
Last date of submitting the offline application form
|12-13 February 2023|
TISSNET admit cards downloading begin
|14-21 February 2023|
TISSNET 2023 exam date
26 February 2023
TISSNET 2023 Result announcement
|19 March 2023|
Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview dates
|to be announced|
Displaying the list of selected applicants
|to be announced|
TISSMAT 2023 Application Form
Before filling the form it is advised to check the eligibility criteria for the exam. The detailed information regarding TISSMAT 2023 Application form
is given below:
- There is no separate application form for the TISSMAT exam.
- Candidates who are interested in MA (HRM&LR) or MA (ODCL) programs have to give TISSMAT exam.
- TISSMAT 2022 Application Form will be released on the official website.
- Candidate can fill the form through online or offline mode.
- Must fill the form with all valid information to avoid any rejection.
- Also should provide their own valid email id and contact number as it will be used for communication purposes by the authority.
- Upload the scanned copy of the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Lastly must make the fee payment as the form will not be accepted without it.
TISSMAT 2023 Application Fee
TISSNET 2023 Application Fee is mentioned below category and gender-wise which candidates can pay by both online and offline mode:
TISSMAT 2023 Examination Fee
Number of Programmes Applying for
Online – Net Banking/Credit/Debit card
Offline by Cash at any SBI branch using Challan
Rs. 1000/- + Bank charges
Rs. 2000/- + Bank charges
Rs. 3000/- + Bank charges
SC/ST/OBC NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)
Rs. 250 + Bank charges
Rs. 500 + Bank charges
Rs. 750 + Bank charges
NOTE: The application fee of TISSNET once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
TISSMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no lower and upper age limit followed for granting admission in the Postgraduate courses offered by qualifying for the TISSMAT examination.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's or Master's Degree of a minimum of 3 or 4 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 OR 10+2+4 OR 10+2+2+1) from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India.
- Some Masters’ Degree Programmes will have additional/specific eligibility requirements which can be found on the official website.
- Candidates who will complete, in all respects, all the requirements of their final year valid degree (including all examinations and internships, if applicable) by Wednesday, the First week of June 2022, are also eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who are eligible to apply, but cannot submit the degree certificate and grade/mark sheet at the time of admission are required to submit these latest by the last week of September 2022, failing which their provisional admission would stand automatically cancelled without any further reference to the candidate.
- At the time of applying candidates studying in a 3-year degree Programme should have passed in all the subjects for the First to Fourth semesters and candidates studying in 4-year degree Programmes should have passed in all the subjects for the First to 6th semester.
- Until a candidate submits her/his degree certificate and final mark/grade sheet as evidence of having completed the eligibility criteria by the given date, the admission offered will remain provisional.
- Eligibility, determined based on information provided in the application, will be used for the final selection process. If the information provided by a candidate is found to be incorrect or misleading at any point in time, her/his candidature/admission will be summarily cancelled.
- Candidates shortlisted for personal interview are required to produce an original certificate and mark sheet on the date of the personal interview, for verifying that the candidate is eligible for admission.
TISSMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
TISSMAT 2023 Question Pattern
|Mode of Examination ||Online(CBT)|
One marks for each correct answer.
0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
Duration of Examination
100 minutes (1 hour 40 minutes)
Type of Questions
TISS Management Aptitude Test Score will be considered along with Stage 2 of the admission process and thus will be considered only for those candidates who are shortlisted for Stage 2. TISS-MAT Score will be aggregated with the score of PIT (Pre-Interview Test) and PI (Personal Interview) in the following manner to arrive at the final score for selection.
- TISSMAT: 30%
- Pre-Interview Test (PIT) : 40%
- Personal Interview (PI): 30%
Check the Basic Structure and Objective of TISS-MAT 2023 from the below-given data:
TISSMAT 2023 Subject- Wise Paper Pattern
|Components / Sections||Comprehension||Management Data Interpretation||Business Awareness|
|Number of Questions||15||15||15|
|Total Marks (45)||15||15||15|
|Objectives||To assess the ability to read and understand management literature.||To assess the ability to read and interpret data related to the economy, market, business, and organization.||To assess awareness and familiarity with business knowledge.|
|Broad Coverage (Indicative and not restrictive)||Reading a write-up on a management-related subject and answering questions related to the passage.||Interpreting graphs, charts, and data across multiple sources. Performing basic operations with data collected from multiple sources.||Knowledge of contemporary events, news, related to the economy, business, human resource management, and labour studies.|
This is the latest updated exam pattern of the TISS MAT 2023 exam by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
TISSMAT 2023 Preparation Tips
While preparing for TISS MAT 2023, candidates can follow the below tips for preparation:
- Candidates should be able to manage their time wisely to not get exhausted during their study time exam.
- A proper schedule should be made and followed for the preparation of the exam.
- Since the TISS MAT Exam has negative marking, the candidates should attempt every single question carefully.
- While studying for TISSMAT, aspirants should take enough breaks to make sure that their mind is calm and composed.
TISSMAT 2023 Admit Card
- The hall ticket will be released by the authorized body on its official website after the successful submission of the application form.
- Those who will submit the form without any flaw will only be issued admit card for TISSMAT.
- Candidates are advised not to forget to carry the call letter to the exam hall as without it entry would not be possible.
- Also must carry any of the national ids along with the hall ticket for verification purposes.
TISSMAT 2023 Results
TISSMAT 2023 Scorecard will be announced on the official website. The vital information regarding TISSMAT Results 2023 is given below:
Candidates can view their results by following the below-mentioned steps:-
- Visit the TISS official website.
- Click on TISSMAT 2023 Results.
- Enter your roll number.
- Click on the 'submit button.
- Scores would get displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out for the counselling round.
- Based on these results counselling will be done for the allotment of seats under various disciplines of PG courses.
TISSMAT 2023 Merit List
Program wise Open (Unreserved) Merit List (OML) will be prepared based on candidates score in TISSMAT & the candidate’s preference of programs as given in the online application form. OML will be prepared without consideration of the category they have applied to, thus providing an opportunity for all candidates to get selected in the OML depending on their aggregate score.
After considering all the candidates in OML, a separate Category wise Merit List (CML) will be drawn for the number of seats reserved for each category as per the Government of India / University Grants Commission regulations on the matter.
TISSMAT 2023 Counselling
Once the TISSMAT Results are declared, the university of TISS will release the merit list and announce the name of the candidates who will be eligible for the TISSMAT Counselling 2023 session.
- A merit list would be prepared for the Candidates who have qualified all the above-mentioned stages and if there still is a vacancy, it will be offered to the candidates who were put on the waiting list.
- No candidates would be offered direct admission.
TISSMAT 2023 Highlights
Below is the important information or highlights are given for the TISSMAT Exam which candidates can refer to for a quick view:
Full form of Exam Name
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Management Aptitude Test 2023
Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS)
MA (HRM&LR) or MA (ODCL) programs
TISSMAT Official website
To offer admission in MA (HRM&LR) or MA (ODCL) programs offered at Maharashtra State Agricultural Universities
Stay connected for the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Management Aptitude Test (TISS MAT 2023) conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS).
About Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a research university funded by the public. It was established in 1936, as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work which was established as the first school of social sciences in the nation but got renamed in 1944. It is having collaborations with the London School of Economics, the University of Chicago, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology with four campuses located in Tuljapur, Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Guwahati. The University conducts both TISSNET and TISSMAT.