According to the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS), the exam pattern for the IBPS Common written examination(IBPS CWE-V) was changed in the year 2015. The exam conducting authority now holds the entrance exam in two tiers- Preliminary and Mains for the recruitment of PO/MT and Clerks recruitment.
After the revision was made in the test pattern, candidates have to appear for the common written examination(CWE) and interview only once. This will make the candidates eligible for 20 Public sector Banks(PSBs)
IBPS CWE XX Exam Pattern/ Exam Structure
Aspirants willing to make a career in Banking can register themselves for the posts of CWE PO/MT-XX and CWE CLERK-XX.
- The successful applicants will then be called for the Preliminary examination.
- Those candidates who qualify the Prelims will be shortlisted for Mains examination.
- Those who qualify the Mains will be eligible for the Interview session.
- The Preliminary exam will be conducted for the screening purpose only.
- The marks obtained in the online main examination will be considered for shortlisting the candidates for Interview and Final Merit List.
- The application process will be through online mode only. There will be a single registration for both Prelims and Mains.
SEE IBPS Bank PO 2020 IBPS CWE: Exam Dates (Released), Application
IBPS CWE-XX Exam Pattern Overview
The Structure of CWE IBPS PO examination is given below-
- Preliminary Examination- Candidates have to pass in each of the given sections by securing minimum cut-off marks decided by IBPS to qualify for Mains examination.
|S.No||Sections||No.of Questions||Medium of Test||Maximum Marks|
|2||Reasoning Ability||35||English and Hindi||35|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||35||English and Hindi||3|
Note– Time allotted for each test in the IBPS Pre exam pattern is 20 Minutes. Total time for the duration of Exam – 1 Hour(60 minutes)
- Main Examination: Each candidate must obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination of IBPS CWE and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for the interview.
|S.No||Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Medium||Time Allotted|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||Only English||40 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
A separate descriptive section in the IBPS Main exam pattern will be held for 30 minutes.
- Name of the section- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
- Number of Questions– 2
- Maximum Marks– 25
- Medium of exam– English
Penalty for Wrong Answers( Negative Marking)
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) has mentioned the following points in the case of negative marking in the IBPS CWE-XX Exam:
- For every wrong answer, the conducting authority will deduct 1/4th or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question.
- If a question is left blank or un-attempted, no marks will be deducted for the question.
- The Penalty is applicable for both Online Preliminary and Online Main examination.
List of Participating Banks
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Indian Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Corporation Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- United Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- IDBI Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Vijaya Bank
Disclaimer: The above information is as per the last year’s information bulletin. The updated information is subject to change and will be updated as the conducting authority announces. Stay connected to get the latest and recent updates in this page.