BIT MCA 2021 Syllabus has been released by the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra for admission to their Master of Computer Application (MCA) program. The authority has released the BIT MESRA MCA syllabus 2021 in the pdf format along with the information brochure. The candidates must know the syllabus as it really helps in better preparation for the exam. The Birla Institute of Technology MCA Entrance Exam is organised at the university level. Those who are interested in appearing for this exam can go through the complete article below to know more about the BIT MCA Syllabus 2021.
BIT MCA 2021 Syllabus
The candidates can check the subject-wise syllabus for BIT MCA Online Entrance Test 2021 below. By knowing the syllabus of exam its become a bit easy to prepare for the exam in a better way and fetch good marks.
BIT MESRA MCA entrance syllabus for Mathematics
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, expansion, quadratic equations, factorization, indices, logarithms, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations, surds, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions.
- Matrix Algebra: Elementary transformations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, quadratic forms, the inverse of a matrix, rank, solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Set Theory: Sets and subsets, operations on sets, relations and functions, sequences, properties of integers.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling equations of a line, midpoint, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, differentiation of function(s), simple examples of maxima and minima, integration of function by parts, tangents and normals, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of the first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric equations, simple identities, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, skewness and kurtosis, averages, dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and the principle of least squares, correlation and regression
- Linear Programming: Formulation of simple linear programming problems, revised simplex method, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods, transportation and assignment problems, duality and integer programming
BIT MESRA MCA entrance syllabus for Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Visio-spatial reasoning
BIT MESRA MCA entrance syllabus for Computer Awareness
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices, Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, binary and hexadecimal representations and fractions, integers,
- Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, floating-point representation of numbers, normalized floating-point representation, 1’s and 2’s complement arithmetic, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between the processor and I / O devices, interrupts
- Computer Language: Multi-programming and time-sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C Assembly language and high-level language.
- Operating Systems: Evolution of operating systems, types of operating systems, functions of an operating system, modern operating systems
- Flow chart and Algorithms
BIT MESRA MCA entrance syllabus for English
- Use of articles and prepositions (fill in the blanks or correct use)
- Idioms and phrases
- Sentence sequence (jumbled sentences)
- Completion of a sentence (with choices)
- Choice of an appropriate word to fill in the blanks (with options)
- Abridging sentences / paragraphs.
- Reading comprehension
- Expansion of an idea
BIT MCA 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the BIT MCA 2021 Question Paper pattern below in the given points:
|Examination Mode||CBT mode(Online Exam)|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Question Type||MCQs type|
|Total Marks||480 marks|
|Total Question||120 questions|
|Marks for Correct Answer||+4 marks|
|Marks for wrong Answer||-1 marks|
Section-Wise Marks Distribution:
Number of Questions
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
BIT MCA 2021 Preparation Tips
The candidates can read the few preparation tips for BIT MESRA MCA entrance exam 2021 below in the given points:
- Making notes for all subjects is a nice way to start the preparation.
- Firstly, going through the most difficult topics is advised to cover all topics.
- Applicants are advised to understand the exam pattern and determine the optimum way of attempting the examination.
- All the topics in this exam requires a proper practice, especially those related to Mathematics. Give enough time to practice to get good at identifying solution strategies and take less time in solving a problem.
- English vocabulary must be good and it can be enhanced by reading and also test it using various vocabulary enhancing apps and books.
- Attempting mock tests questions will really help. Use these mock tests to improve time execution and to identify the topics which need more preparation.
- Stick to authentic books rather than perusing multiple sources and getting confused.
- Revision is a must for all subjects.
BIT MCA 2021 Admit Card
BIT MCA Admit Card 2021 will be released on the official website of the Birla Institute of Technology(BIT). All those candidates who have successfully registered themselves will be able to download their BIT MCA Admit card. It is must to carry the admit card in the exam hall, failing to which, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.