CDS (2) Syllabus 2020 is released by the UPSC along with the Information Brochure on its official website. The exam will be organized based on the subjects of English, Maths & General Knowledge, where for Maths questions will be of XII standard & other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University. Applicants must know the syllabus of the exam as it helps in knowing the topics from which questions will be asked. Combined Defence Services Examination is organised by the UPSC for the recruitment of candidates for Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. Applicants can read the whole article to know detailed CDS (2) 2020 Syllabus.
CDS (2) Syllabus 2020
Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level whereas other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
- Arithmetic - Number System
- Natural numbers, Integers, Rational & Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, Square roots, Decimal fractions, subtraction, multiplication, division. Unitary method, time and distance, time & work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory - Division algorithm. Prime & composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, the relation between its roots and coefficients.
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns - analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions.
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions & conditional identities, Laws of indices.
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines & angles, Plane & plane figures, theorems on Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, sides & diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle & square, Circles & its properties including tangents & normals, Loci.
- Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle.
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book),
- Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
General Knowledge Syllabus
- Current events
- History of India and Geography of nature
CDS (2) 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam scheme for CDS can be checked below:
Hindi and English.Exam Mode: Exam of UPSC CDS 2020
is conducted through OMR Sheets.
One third (0.33) marks assigned to that question are deducted for the wrong answer.Type of Questions:
Distribution of a number of questions and marks is given below:
|Subject||No.. of Questions||Marks|