CDS stands for Combined Defence Services which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam conducts two times in a year i.e. CDS 1 and CDS 2. CDS is a national level entrance exam for those who want to be a part of Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force, and Officer Training Academy.
Candidates need to clear the entrance exam with a valid score followed by the SSB interview round. Candidates after qualifying the interview round have to go through the medical examination and document verification procedure. Candidates have to apply for the CDS exam through online mode.
CDS (2) 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check BHU UET status from below:
|Exam Status||Official Notification is going to be released on 04 August 2021. |
- CDS 2 2021 Exam Date has announced, on the UPSC Government official website, to be held on 14 November 2021.
- CDS 2 2021 Application Process will start from 04 August 2021 on the official website.
CDS 2 2021 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important CDS 2 2021 tentative dates for the application form in the given table below:
|CDS 2 2021 Notification Release Date||17 August 2020|
|Application Process Starts||04 August 2021|
|Last date Submission||24 August 2021|
|CDS 2 2021 Exam Date||14 November 2021|
|CDS Admit Card Release Date||notified soon|
CDS 2 2021 Application Form
The conducting authority will release the CDS 2 2021 Application Form notification on the official website. Go through the below points of CDS Registration 2021:
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- Required to provide the details of one photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Any other photo ID Card) issued by the State/Central Government.
- Upload the scanned copy of documents such as photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Must avoid submitting multiple applications. If in case the candidates need to submit multiple applications they must make sure that application with higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respect.
- In case of multiple applications form, the applications form with higher RID shall be considered by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Also, applicants must provide valid e-mail ID while filling the form as the Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of the examination process.
CDS 2 Application Fees 2021
Given below are the category wise CDS 2 2021 Application Fee:
CDS 2 Registration Fees 2021
|Category ||Application Fees|
|General Category||Rs. 200/-|
Mode of Payment: Aspirants can make payment through both the modes online as well as offline mode:
- Online Mode: Via using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card and Net banking.
- Offline Mode: By depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash
- Application fees are non-refundable in any situation.
CDS 2 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to check their CDS 2 2021 Eligibility before applying for it. Go through the given mentioned information related to CDS Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality: Must possess the one of the following citizenship-
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 for permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
- Male candidates should be unmarried.
Age Limit: Given below are the age limit for the different academy-
CDS 2021 Age Limit Criteria
Lower Age: 18 Years
Upper Age: 25 Years
|Indian Naval Academy|
Lower Age: 18 Years
Upper Age: 25 Years
|Air Force Academy|
Lower Age: 20 Years
Upper Age: 25 Years
CDS 2 2021 Admit Card
Applicants can download their CDS 2 2021 Admit Card on the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Check the given below points of CDS 2 Hall Ticket 2021:
- CDS hall ticket for phase 2 will e available from the three weeks before the CDS entrance exam.
- Authority will not responsible to send the admit card through the post or SMS.
- For downloading the CDS 1 admit card, candidates have to log in with their registration ID or roll number.
- Candidates should check their admit card carefully and ensure that every detail that admits card contain such as exam day and time, centre name and address and so on.
- Candidates are advised to take the print out of their admit card for examination and must carry it in the examination hall along with government photo ID proof.
CDS 2 2021 Exam Pattern
Go through the given mentioned information regarding the CDS 2 2021 Exam pattern to know the question paper structure:
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Subjects ||English, General Knowledge, and English Elementary Mathematics|
|Total marks ||300 |
|Marking Scheme||1/3 marks deducted for each wrong answer|
Subject wise duration and marks distribution for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy Admission given below:
|General Knowledge||100||120 Minutes|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||120 Minutes|
Subject wise marks and duration distribution for Officers’ Training Academy Admission given below:
|General Knowledge||100||120 Minutes|
Download CDS 2 2021 Prospectus Pdf
CDS 2 2021 Syllabus
Aspirants can check the subject wise CDS 2 2021 Syllabus and can also download syllabus pdf which is mentioned below for better preparation:
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus for CDS 2: This section includes topic such as:
- Number System—Natural numbers
- Rational and Real numbers
- Fundamental operations
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Square roots, Decimal fractions
- Unitary method, time and distance, time and work
- Percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation
- Elementary Number Theory
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for ×= 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°;
- Simple trigonometric identities
- Use of trigonometric tables
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point,
- Parallel lines,
- Sides and angles of a triangle,
- Congruency of triangles,
- Similar triangles,
- The concurrence of medians and altitudes,
- Properties of angles, sides, and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle, and square,
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals,
- Areas of squares
- Parallelogram triangle and circle
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
CDS English Syllabus: The question paper will be set to test the candidates' knowledge of English and workmanlike use of words.
CDS Syllabus for General Knowledge: This paper contains questions about current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
CDS 2 2021 Previous Year Paper
Candidates can check the CDS Previous Year Paper mentioned below:
CDS (2) Answer Key 2021
Those who have appeared for the exam can check a few vital details about CDS II answer key nearby in the given points:
- The competent authority will release the answer key on its official website in the pdf form after the exam will be over.
- With the help of answer key & marking scheme applicants will be able to calculate their probable score.
- Also, they will be allowed to object if not satisfied with the answer key published by the exam conducting body. Candidates will have to submit an academic proof in support of the objection also they will have to deposit a few amounts per question.
CDS 2 2021 Intelligence and Personality Test
Candidates can check all the relevant information related to CDS 2 2021 Intelligence and Personality Test:
- Authority will be called all those candidates who successfully cleared the entrance exam for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference by the respective service HQ.
- All the qualified applicants will have to register themselves on the recruiting directorate website to enable them to receive a call for SSB Interview.
- The selection procedure consists of a two-stage Selection process - stage I and stage II. Only those candidates are permitted to appear for stage II who cleared the stage 1. The details are:-
(a) Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception and Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in the OIR Test and PP&DT.
(b) Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website.
- The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test.
- Marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the tests.
- Besides, marks for conferences are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decisions of the Board. All these have equal weightage.
- The various tests of IO, GTO and Psych are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate.
- Candidates are then recommended or not recommended at the SSB accordingly.
CDS 2 2021 Medical Fitness Test
The final selection will be made in order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and the number of vacancies available. Check the information related to the CDS 2 2021 Medical Fitness Test given below:
Few of such commonly found defects/ailments are listed below:-
- Wax (ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Piles and
Note: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearm Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male/female doctors/specialists/Gynaecologist.
- There will be a Lady Medical Officer as Member of Board. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board.
- Unfit candidates may apply for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within one day of completion of Appeal Medical Board.
The candidate must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards which are summarized below:
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or underweight. The candidate should not be overweight or obese.
- The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms. (157 cms for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force). Women candidates minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the Minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Candidates are advised to undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes, fungal infection of skin etc. before reporting for the SSB interview.
- All candidates who are selected will be undergoing tough military training and will be deployed to perform military duties in any terrain, weather and austere conditions.
- All candidates will be examined by the Board of Medical Officers who have undergone basic military training and are well oriented to working conditions of military deployment and working conditions.
- The following investigations are carried out mandatorily during Special Medical Board, however, Medical Officer/Medical Board examining a candidate may ask for any other investigation as required or indicated:-
- Complete Haemogram
- Urine RE/ME
- X-ray chest PA view
- USG abdomen & pelvis
- Medical Examination of Female Candidates. General methods and principles of medical examination of female candidates will be the same as for male candidates. A detailed physical and systemic examination will be carried out of the candidate and she should be examined by a lady Medical Officer or a lady Gynaecologist or male medical officer in the presence of a female attendant.
- Pregnancy can be the cause of temporary rejection. The individual would be advised to report again to the hospital 24 weeks after an uncomplicated vaginal delivery.
CDS 2 2021 Vacant Seats
Candidates must vacant seats distribution to different departments check below:-
|CDS Department||Vacant Seats|
|Indian Military Academy||100 seats|
|Indian Naval Academy||45 seats|
|Indian Air Force Academy||32 seats|
|Officers Training Academy(Men)||225 seats|
|Officers Training Academy(Women)||16 seats|
UPSC CDS Pay Scale
Candidates can check CDS pay scale for the services below in the given table:
Payscale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy
|Rank||Level ||(Pay in Rs.) |
|Lieutenant||Level 10 ||56,100 -1,77,500|
|Captain ||Level 10 B||61,300- 1,93,900|
|Major ||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel ||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400 |
|Colonel ||Level 13||1,30,600-2, 15,900|
|Major General ||Level 14||1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15 ||1, 82, 200-2,24,100 |
|HAG+Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400 |
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG) ||Level 17||2,25,000/-(fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18 ||2,50,000/-(fixed)|
- Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier Rs 15,500 p.m. fixed.
- Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training: Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies is Rs 56,100/-p.m. (Starting pay in Level 10).
CDS 2 2021 Exam Centre
Candidates must check the CDS 2 2021 Exam centre list mention given below:
- Port Blair
CDS 2 2021 Entrance Exam Highlights
Candidates should check the CDS 2021 entrance exam basic information from the given below table:
Name of the exam
CDS 2021 or COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES
Exam conducting body
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
CDS Official website
Offline (Pen and Paper-based test)
To admit the candidates into Indian Naval Academy (INA), Indian Military Academy (IMA), and Air Force Academy (AFA)
Stay connected for CDS 2021 (UPSC COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES 1) conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Union Public Service Commission
Union Public Service Commission is India's central recruiting agency. It is established in 1926, 01 October as a Public Service Commission, later reconstituted as Federal Public Service Constitution and its headquarters is in Dhopur House, New Delhi. Initially, the examinations for the Indian Civil Service were conducted only in London. Arvind Saxena has been the chairman since June 2018. UPSC is responsible for appointments of and examination for All India Services, while the Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency of India.